PET PEAVE TIME!!!

Beerball

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Checks. Paying with checks, especially at a supermarket. Man that makes me want to blow a gasket sometimes.

Get with the times, people. I can't believe some folks still use checks for anything other than paying bills -- which you don't even need anymore.

I am sick and tired of watching able bodied folks where I work push the handicapped button to automatically open exit doors. Ferchrissakes people, open the friggin doors the old fashioned way. A push or pull aint gonna kill you. Every stinkin time I'm goin in or out some lazy mofo has to STOP to push the button, then WAIT until the door opens and finally they can walk through. Meanwile I'm standing behind your lazy waffle butt waitin and waitin. Those buttons get more action than Willis at Dave & Buster's. Then, when someone actually needs them...guess what? They don't fuggin work because all you lazy suckers have worn the damn thing out!

Opening a door aint gonna kill ya. :angry:

1. Restaurants - most of them - that set the AC on liquid nitrogen setting for the comfort of their employees. And freeze the customers.

2. Servers who say "No Problem". If you would like to experience dead air, reply " No problem? Why? Was there going to be a problem?". Dead air.

3. People who call and shout "Is XXX der?". Or Yo!. I ask "Who is calling?". More dead air.

4. People who ask "Can I ask you a personal question?". No, you can't. More dead air.

5. People who say "Can I be frank with you?". I reply..."Do you usually lie to me?". More dead air.

I got another one, I deal in medical insurance where people pretty much yell and scream at me all day....... stop asking questions you don't want the answer to, you are wasting more of your time and mine when you ask, so why isn't this covered? and then proceed to go on a two minute rant giving your opinion on why we are wrong.... STFU and let me answer the damn question

The term "veep," especially written, really annoys me. VP is shorter, why the hell would anyone elongate an abbreviation??!!! Also, saying it is annoying, just say Vice President or VP. Veep is not a f'n word. I blame Newsweek.

2. Servers who reply "No Problem". If you would like to experience dead air, reply " No problem? Why? Was there going to be a problem?".

Sweet. Nothing like being a prick to the $18K/year guy bringing your food to your table so you can enjoy a meal. How dare the waiter replace, "Yes master, I am at your service" with "No problem." Get over yourself.

I got one, I work in a very small office about 25 employees.........probably 15 guys. We have a bathroom that has two stalls and two urinals and this one guy (he's extremely weird) is always riding shotgun in the other stall when I'm trying to take a dump. I mean, I understand if its an emergency but just give me my 5 minutes of privacy while I dominate and then you can have your turn. I don't need to hear you grunting & farting up a storm while I'm trying to read my paper in peace. And he does the strangest thing.....he flushes the toilet at least 6-7 times when in there......no BS. I've heard of a "courtesy flush" but what in the hell could you be eating that would warrent flushing that much. I don't like talking about people behind their back so I try not to engage in conversation about anothers bathroom habits but its kind of become an inside joke around here about the "mad flusher" and his weird habits.

Sweet. Nothing like being a prick to the $18K/year guy bringing your food to your table so you can enjoy a meal. How dare the waiter replace, "Yes master, I am at your service" with "No problem." Get over yourself.

making 18K a year doesn't mean the guy is exempt from speaking correctly and being polite? replying with no problem when in the customer service business is just rude and shows an overall lack of respect and intelligence

A bike does not start and stop as easily as a car. For bikers' saftey, it's in our best interest to keep peddling in order to keep pace with traffic. Also, it's sometimes difficult to ride in a straight line when starting from a dead stop- also a safety hazard.

It's one thing to roll slowly through so you don't lose your balance, but you don't get much sympathy from me if you blow through the stop sign/light at full speed.

I'd say 2/3 of the bikers I see on the roads have zero understanding or regard for traffic rules (or they just don't understand that those rules apply to bikes as well). Of course, I work in NYC so I may be jaded about bikers that routinely cut off or hit pedestrians.

making 18K a year doesn't mean the guy is exempt from speaking correctly and being polite? replying with no problem when in the customer service business is just rude and shows an overall lack of respect and intelligence

Seriously? I must be the last one to notice.

Personally, I think getting all huffy over trivial language shows a lack of intelligence...

Not really :angry:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA....Lack of intelligence? How so???

Its a saying...You don't have to take things so damn literally and think, "Wow, that's good there's not a problem." Its a phrase that is accepted as confirmation in the adult English language.

"Can I have some more water?"

"Of course, no problem" is the same as "Yes, I will bring that right back for you."

And you know what??? It actually IS a problem that you spilled your first !@#$ing water!!!

People are unreal.

I got one, I work in a very small office about 25 employees.........probably 15 guys. We have a bathroom that has two stalls and two urinals and this one guy (he's extremely weird) is always riding shotgun in the other stall when I'm trying to take a dump. I mean, I understand if its an emergency but just give me my 5 minutes of privacy while I dominate and then you can have your turn. I don't need to hear you grunting & farting up a storm while I'm trying to read my paper in peace. And he does the strangest thing.....he flushes the toilet at least 6-7 times when in there......no BS. I've heard of a "courtesy flush" but what in the hell could you be eating that would warrent flushing that much. I don't like talking about people behind their back so I try not to engage in conversation about anothers bathroom habits but its kind of become an inside joke around here about the "mad flusher" and his weird habits.

Turn off the lights on your way out. I do that everytime somebody decides to drop trow in the stall next to mine.

Its a saying...You don't have to take things so damn literally and think, "Wow, that's good there's not a problem." Its a phrase that is accepted as confirmation in the adult English language.

"Of course, no problem" is the same as "Yes, I will bring that right back for you."

And you know what??? It actually IS a problem that you spilled your first !@#$ing water!!!

People are unreal.

I never said i make a big deal when people say it, because i am sure it comes out of my mouth at times, but there is nothing wrong expecting someone who is in the customer service fields to be concerned with the words coming out of their mouth and how they sound. the bigger problem are the people who let it affect the tip they leave or raise a scene about it. If the service is good i can let slip a few phrases that may not be the most acceptable to use....

People are unreal.

:angry: who the flock spilled the water :lol:

I have been in customer service in one way or another since i was 17 so i am a little tougher and expect more on the people serving us in a resturant or wherever we may be

That's fine, but it never even occurred to me that "no problem" would be commonly considered impolite. I mean, if it was an undertaker who said "no problem" after he had mistakenly put the wrong body in a casket....that's one thing. But if I ask for wheat bread instead of marble rye and the waiter says "no problem," then I'm not going to bat an eye, let alone consider him/her "less intelligent."