A different view of the Jason Peters saga......

Football aside.........

I hope the guy is ok. I mean, NOONE has heard from him other then Dockery, and really he has not talked to him much. I hope mentally and physically he's ok, and that theres nothing serious going on in his life thats keeping from the field. We all say its money, but what if its something else in his life. Just pray for the guy to be ok.........

This entire thing just seems so weird......

I really do pray that Jason Peters is ok........

Football aside.........

I hope the guy is ok. I mean, NOONE has heard from him other then Dockery, and really he has not talked to him much. I hope mentally and physically he's ok, and that theres nothing serious going on in his life thats keeping from the field. We all say its money, but what if its something else in his life. Just pray for the guy to be ok.........

I've thought about this too. I wonder if his injury from last year is worse than anyone in Buffalo knows. He may be afraid to come in because the doctors will evaluate his injury and they will be concerned enough that Buffalo won't feel secure in giving him a re-structure.

Football aside.........

Nice sentiment.

But if this weren't about money, the Bills, Peters's agents, etc. would be actively hunting him down. The fact that there is so much silence from all camps means that this is a money thing and everyone's playing chicken.

Football aside.........

Your thesis has increased credibility if he does not show up by Wednesday of next week. His value to other teams would also start to decline at that point as well.

I said the same thing in another thread. The whole thing is really weird. It reminds me of the guy in philly. He said he was really depressed and it got worse when he read their message boards and someone started a thread that said he was gay.

The whole thing is really weird. It reminds me of the guy in philly. He said he was really depressed and it got worse when he read their message boards and someone started a thread that said he was gay.

OC?

I am finding this situation with Peters to be incredibly bizarre.

1. How many holdouts of star players over the last number of years proceeded without any statements from the player to the press during the holdout? Usually, the player and the agent want to get out there and tell the world how the player is underpaid and the best player at his position (i.e., make the case).

2. Peters has been a player for the Bills for a number of years. Why is Dockery the only player communicating with him? Is he communicating with other players? It would seem very odd for a young veteran to cut himself off from the entire team. I understand that he does not make his offseason home in Buffalo, but I would be shocked if he did not have a number of friends on the team that he would stay in touch with.

3. Why does it seem that the Bills have no information about the health of Peters following offseason surgery? Who performed the surgery on his sports hernia? Was the team doctor involved? If the best player on the team had offseason surgery, shouldn't the team send the team doctor or a trainer to the player's home to see how he is recovering if the player does not report to any of the offseason activities and does not live in Buffalo? How can the physical condition of Peters be a mystery at this point in time? I am among the worried that when he does report that he will not be in shape or that he will get injured when he does play.

4. An inexperienced COO (Russ Brandon) does not help in this situation (nor does having a 90 year old owner). I am sure Brandon wants to prove that he is not a pushover. I would guess that RW can be stubborn and difficult when pushed in this manner.

Is there a possibility that this guy does not want to be a Bill? Is he angry at the team for some reason (other than money)? What is going on here?

I've kind of been wondering the same thing. The fact that he didn't re-hab in Bufflo makes you wonder. Or did he spend all season eating himself out of shape and knows he won't get any new contract once they see what kind of shape he's in so was hoping to get one by holding out. If I'm Bufflao at this point I don't give him a new contract until I'm certain he's back to his old playing level, which likely could take all season.

From what I've read it sounds like the Bills weren't going to give im more money this season anyway, but thic could be part of their reasoning.