McCain doesn't know how many houses he has?

JK2000

No, I 'm not asking whether or not you pay your taxes, that's none of my business. I'm just asking what taxes you'd like to be eliminated.

Who said anything about elimination? Do you have any idea how much money people potentially lose at death due to taxes. Do you really think the government is better equipped to handle your money than you are?

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who said anything about elimination? Do you have any idea how much money people potentially lose at death due to taxes. Do you really think the government is better equipped to handle your money than you are?

I assumed that by saying that being taxed is the same as enslavement he is endorsing the elimation of taxation.

I assumed that by saying that being taxed is the same as enslavement he is endorsing the elimation of taxation.

All income taxes.

I am a big fan of use-based taxes. That way I have some say in how much of my money gets taken from me. If I buy a 70K BMW, I pay the man a lot of taxes. If I buy a used Accord, I pay less.

As a compromise, I'd vomit but settle for a flat tax instead of the current mess of our income tax system.

No he should properly protect his house and assets so when/if his son gets cancer he doesn't have to sell his house or liquidate his long term assets. It's called personal responsibility. It's not that hard to do.

You know it's not the point. You know millions of americans can not afford even basic medical care and those millions are not all stupid irresponsible people, most of them are just poor, lot of them working poor.

You know it's not the point. You know millions of americans can not afford even basic medical care and those millions are not all stupid irresponsible people, most of them are just poor, lot of them working poor.

Well you mentioned selling the house. My point was if you can't afford to protect your children maybe you shouldn't have purchased the house. Here's a real great concept. Maybe if you can't affort to protect your children.......YOU DON'T !@#$ING HAVE ANY UNTIL YOU CAN!!!

All income taxes.

I am a big fan of use-based taxes. That way I have some say in how much of my money gets taken from me. If I buy a 70K BMW, I pay the man a lot of taxes. If I buy a used Accord, I pay less.

As a compromise, I'd vomit but settle for a flat tax instead of the current mess of our income tax system.

Gotcha

A lot of them are illegal aliens who shouldn't be here in the first place.

yeah right change the issue so you can avoid facing it.

I have a good friend living in WNY. College graduate, smart, energic girl. She has a 6 years old girl. A few years ago she 's started her own business. It was starting to go fine. Then her husband has started to fooling around, becoming aggresive, even violent. She quit him. The guy does not want to divorce he starts to harrass here. Even try to take her daughter, she has to call the cops a few times, some crazy stuff for a few months. Have to go to court, win the trial, the guy has to stay something like 5 miles from her house , goes to jail a couple of months. But all this was not priceless for her... Lot of time lost, lot of stress, she lost some of her best customers and well with a probable link to all that stuff she gets cancer. With the business not going too good, time passed for treatments at the hospital not helping it, medical bills starting to come (what kind of private insurance do you think you can afford when you start your own business?) she has had to sell her flat and is now back at her parents'. The girl is working like a fool to recover her lost customers even if that may put in jeopardy her recovery. And of course there's her daughter to take care of.

Don't you think a little of public help is too much to ask when you're living in a rich country like the USA and facing that kind of events?

Well you mentioned selling the house. My point was if you can't afford to protect your children maybe you shouldn't have purchased the house. Here's a real great concept. Maybe if you can't affort to protect your children.......YOU DON'T !@#$ING HAVE ANY UNTIL YOU CAN!!!

whaou the real estate market is really gonna CRASH if everybody waits to be sure to face any kind of events happening to themselves or their children before buying a house!

You know millions of americans can not afford even basic medical care

How can a country where millions of people own millions of cars, millions of cell phones, millions of computers, and eat billions of McDonald's hamburgers not be able to afford basic medical care?

Maybe they're too busy spending their money on cars, cell phones, computers, and Big Macs to worry about trivial things the government can do for them?

Or maybe you're right and health care is too expensive. But how did it get that way? Supply & demand (not enough doctors and nurses to meet the needs) and the abundance of lawyers (increased malpractice insurance)

All income taxes.

Transaction based taxes can be manipulated to, then we get the government deciding what we can and cannot buy through tax policy. Interesting dilemma. I would support a flatter tax transaction based tax, using maybe three for four brackets based on personal and business income. Problem is it would be a pain to implement. However, lower classes would pay no sales tax, lower mid pay some, upper mid pay a lot and wealthy pay the highest. Anything bought overseas would be subject to the tax. You could eliminate all fed income tax. Cap gains taxes should be included in this, but paid only when said gain was sold, also, I believe they should be low kept low no matter the income.

It should be a transaction tax though, not a use tax.

Still thinking about all these proposals implications for business and personal. Non of it is likely to happen in my life-time.

whaou the real estate market is really gonna CRASH if everybody waits to be sure to face any kind of events happening to themselves or their children before buying a house!

So what you're saying is people should just go out and buy a home without any planning or thought as to how prepare for life's curve balls? Oh that's right Uncle Sam will take care of me if I fail to plan. That's one of the reason the housing market is in the shape it is now. Lack of planning and greed.

yeah right change the issue so you can avoid facing it.

If we didn't have to pay for all these illegal aliens health care, prices would be lower and insurance would be less. About half of the uninsured are illegals. They also count people who were between jobs and may have had their health care lapse for a few months as uninsured.

If we didn't have to pay for all these illegal aliens health care, prices would be lower and insurance would be less. About half of the uninsured are illegals. They also count people who were between jobs and may have had their health care lapse for a few months as uninsured.

Link please?

Transaction based taxes can be manipulated to, then we get the government deciding what we can and cannot buy through tax policy. Interesting dilemma. I would support a flatter tax transaction based tax, using maybe three for four brackets based on personal and business income. Problem is it would be a pain to implement. However, lower classes would pay no sales tax, lower mid pay some, upper mid pay a lot and wealthy pay the highest. Anything bought overseas would be subject to the tax. You could eliminate all fed income tax. Cap gains taxes should be included in this, but paid only when said gain was sold, also, I believe they should be low kept low no matter the income.

It should be a transaction tax though, not a use tax.

Still thinking about all these proposals implications for business and personal. Non of it is likely to happen in my life-time.

Would you propose the transaction tax be levied at each transaction in the creation of goods, or only for finished goods?

Also, would services supplied to a manufacturer / producer be taxed, or would those get taxed only at the finished goods transaction?

It'd be real interesting watching how the shift in tax policy effected the vertical integration of companies and how it effected foreign / domestic production.

I agree that everyone on this board will be probably be deceased before a tax policy shift of that magnitude gets enacted.

Link please?

Yeah, that took real long.

One thing is clear: Undocumented immigrants are driving up the number of people without health insurance. The Pew Hispanic Center estimates that 59% of the nation's illegal immigrants are uninsured, compared with 25% of legal immigrants and 14% of U.S. citizens. Illegal immigrants represent about 15% of the nation's 47 million uninsured people — and about 30% of the increase since 1980.

Data on health care costs for illegal immigrants are sketchy because hospitals and community health centers don't ask about patients' legal status. In California, a 2004 study by the Federation for American Immigration Reform put the state's annual cost at $1.4 billion. Similar studies in Colorado and Minnesota in 2005 came up with much smaller estimates: $31 million and $17 million, respectively.

And that's four year old info.

Would you propose the transaction tax be levied at each transaction in the creation of goods, or only for finished goods?

Also, would services supplied to a manufacturer / producer be taxed, or would those get taxed only at the finished goods transaction?

It'd be real interesting watching how the shift in tax policy effected the vertical integration of companies and how it effected foreign / domestic production.

I agree that everyone on this board will be probably be deceased before a tax policy shift of that magnitude gets enacted.

And that is the reason it could never happen because the answer to those question have very different implications. And what about imported goods, how would you tax them if you did tax domestic manufacturing on each transaction. I don't think that you differentiate between goods and services, they would all constitute transactions. The value would have to be taxed. The simple way would be to tax after a finished product would be used and that transaction would be taxed, but it would give too many loopholes to corporations, so that doesn't work either.

Not sure, don't have a good answer.

And that is the reason it could never happen because the answer to those question have very different implications. And what about imported goods, how would you tax them if you did tax domestic manufacturing on each transaction. I don't think that you differentiate between goods and services, they would all constitute transactions. The value would have to be taxed. The simple way would be to tax after a finished product would be used and that transaction would be taxed, but it would give too many loopholes to corporations, so that doesn't work either.

Not sure, don't have a good answer.

Fair enough.

At any rate, a change in tax policy of that magnitude would NOT put accountants out of business, regardless of what people might expect.

I'm not disputing that uninsured illegals are a huge burden, only his assertion that half of the uninsured are illegals. This article lists the percent at 15% (Although I'm sure it's greater now but not half).

I'm going by the large number of Illegals here in CA. A large hospital in San Jose (the 10th largest city in the US) had to close because of the large burden of treating uninsured illegal aliens.