Was Ice kicked off the board

seq004

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Your friends ice and stevestojan. Wonderful bunch of people trying to make lewd and crued comments about a posters daughter. Talk about way the !@#$ over the line.

So, it's only over the line if you know the father? Every pretty girl pictured (and salivated over) on this board is somone's daughter.

So, it's only over the line if you know the father?  Every pretty girl pictured (and salivated over) on this board is somone's daughter.

78918[/snapback]

Yes it is strictly forbodden to hit on someones daughter that you know. It is penalty of death stevestojan.

AS for the whole daughter thing, I seem to remember Ice saying something to the effect of " I mean no disrespect, but your daughter is hot". THe conversation then was carried on by others down disprespectful paths. I just want to say that if being disrespectful, pigheaded and two faced was grounds for being kicked off this board, almost half the people on this board would be banned.

I think there is a real problem with hateful people on this board who take the annonimity for granted and are much bigger "men" with a keyboard then they would ever be in person.

I saw Ice post a request for the stevestojan filter to be changed and that request was followed by pages of the most mean spirited tripe ever posted on this board.

Funny how being disrespectful, mean spirited and "contoversial" is only wrong when certain people do it.

AHA - kinda' like honor among thieves!

78947[/snapback]

You always start by protecting your own, Gidge. If we have time, then we get to everyone else.

"Wherever there is injustice, you will find us. Whereever there is suffering, we'll be there. Whereever liberty (and good taste) are threatened...you will find...."

I just want to say that if being disrespectful, pigheaded and two faced was grounds for being kicked off this board, almost half the people on this board would be banned.

78974[/snapback]

I fail to see how this would be a bad thing.

Even knowing that I'd be in the banned half, I still fail to see how this would be a bad thing.

AS for the whole daughter thing, I seem to remember Ice saying something to the effect of " I mean no disrespect, but your daughter is hot". THe conversation then was carried on by others down disprespectful paths. I just want to say that if being disrespectful, pigheaded and two faced was grounds for being kicked off this board, almost half the people on this board would be banned.

I think there is a real problem with hateful people on this board who take the annonimity for granted and are much bigger "men" with a keyboard then they would ever be in person.

I saw Ice post a request for the stevestojan filter to be changed and that request was followed by pages of the most mean spirited tripe ever posted on this board.

Funny how being disrespectful, mean spirited and "contoversial" is only wrong when certain people do it.

78974[/snapback]

If you go back through the thread, you will note I said I had no problem with ICE.

You are so right that some people think that the keyboard makes them powerful. For those types, reality is kryptonite. :D

After the BS I just went through in a baseball thread two days in a row where people took what I said and twisted it into anything BUT what I said, Im sad to say that Im really really DOWN on this place. There is way too much immaturity, "tough guys" and elitism to justify attempts to start any type of rational discussion. Not only that, there are just some BAD people who really need to learn a few life lessons. When you cant even make a mistake and apologize for it without being flamed, threatened and disparaged by people who know they can get away with such terrible behavior, something is fundamentally wrong. And worse, when you cant even go to some of these board events because of the fear that these goons will continue such behavior offline, weve got a serious problem.

And worse, when you cant even go to some of these board events because of the fear that these goons will continue such behavior offline, weve got a serious problem.

79351[/snapback]

Hearing someone say this is the worst part of this whole conversation.

There are 3 or 4 "goons" on this board that seem to think they have the right to say whatever they like and treat others any way they wish. In a "real" community, these people would be confronted and held to a standard, here, they type with impunity, and dare I say seem to have the blessing of the powers that be,.

By the way RockPile, I did see that you had no problem with Ice's comments. It was others on this board that felt that they had the right to speak for YOU.

After the BS I just went through in a baseball thread two days in a row where people took what I said and twisted it into anything BUT what I said, Im sad to say that Im really really DOWN on this place. There is way too much immaturity, "tough guys" and elitism to justify attempts to start any type of rational discussion. Not only that, there are just some BAD people who really need to learn a few life lessons. When you cant even make a mistake and apologize for it without being flamed, threatened and disparaged by people who know they can get away with such terrible behavior, something is fundamentally wrong. And worse, when you cant even go to some of these board events because of the fear that these goons will continue such behavior offline, weve got a serious problem.

79351[/snapback]

I hate to say this, but with your treatment of "liberals" on the PPP board, as well as your avatar, I'm surprised you can make some of these statements with a straight face.

The point you make about the 'tough guys' that you have to avoid in real life is dead on, though.

79351[/snapback]

The problem isn't with those that misstate something one time. It is with the folks who are always look at me, I am the center of attention, pay attention to me. Also even if someone does not call out someone for bringing family members into discussion I will. It is strictly forbidden. While some may not be offended, it is a major no-no as you never know who will be offended and how they will react.

If you guys haven't tried the ignore button, give it a try. This place has become a lot more reasonable in the last few weeks as my ignored users list grows.

It's very easy to see posts from ignored users with a single click and it's also easy to remove users from the ignore list. I don't mind reading different views, it's the "look at me" posters that I don't have to bother with any more.

If you guys haven't tried the ignore button, give it a try.  This place has become a lot more reasonable in the last few weeks as my ignored users list grows.

It's very easy to see posts from ignored users with a single click and it's also easy to remove users from the ignore list.  I don't mind reading different views, it's the "look at me" posters that I don't have to bother with any more.

79454[/snapback]

The ignore feature also gives you the choice to read a particular post from an ignored poster or not. It puts the power back in your hands.

I hate to say this, but with your treatment of "liberals" on the PPP board, as well as your avatar, I'm surprised you can make some of these statements with a straight face.

But thats not what Im talking about...not about political arguments or talking trash about a baseball or football game. Im talking about how it gets PERSONAL. From what I understand, it got personal with that thing at the first tailgate and what I went through got personal as well. There is no excuse for that. But it does happen. What I have a problem with is the fact that there are some who knwo they can act in a bad manner OFFLINE as well. Its when they know they act horribly and will never face any repercussions online and offline becuase they are part of a clique.

THAT sucks.

But thats not what Im talking about...not about political arguments or talking trash about a baseball or football game. Im talking about how it gets PERSONAL. From what I understand, it got personal with that thing at the first tailgate and what I went through got personal as well.

79498[/snapback]

I was not aware of what happened at the tailgate, or what happened with you, sorry.

What happened at the tailgate?

The same crap happens on every board.

I think everyone takes things way too seriously.

79517[/snapback]

Wifey used to spend time on a pregnancy message board at Web MD. Talk about people getting crazy with each other. Hundreds of pregnant women putting their thoughts on the internet.

It was enough to make me wanna get a snip. :D