NBC Wearing Blinders

WWVaBeach

You can't actually be surprised?

NBC wouldn't want to lose millions for getting kicked out of China........

China is a communist dictatorship would you expect any less of their treatment of people and free speech?

China is a communist dictatorship would you expect any less of their treatment of people and free speech?

No where did I say I was surprised. It's just a serious lack of jounalistic integrity. I cannot believe I just put those 2 words together! :devil:

No where did I say I was surprised. It's just a serious lack of jounalistic integrity. I cannot believe I just put those 2 words together! <_<

A lack of journalistic integrity by a corporation contracted to cover a sporting event?

I don't think the Chinese paid for their "journalistic integrity" in investigative reporting. They're getting exactly what they paid for - positive Olympic coverage - and NBC is fulfilling their contractual obligations perfectly.

A lack of journalistic integrity by a corporation contracted to cover a sporting event?

I don't think the Chinese paid for their "journalistic integrity" in investigative reporting. They're getting exactly what they paid for - positive Olympic coverage - and NBC is fulfilling their contractual obligations perfectly.

NBC wasn't contracted to cover the Olympics were they? My understanding is that NBC paid China and the IOC for the broadcast rights, not the other way around. There's no contractual obligation to be bootlickers, NBC is simply choosing to, for a variety of very obvious immediate and future considerations.

The fun part is listening to Costas get a little embarrased with the rump-swabbing while a colleague gushes about the wonders of the Chinese state and the wondrous preparations for the Games every once in a while and make a brief interjection about human rights or totalitarianism and then shut up and nod along until the next event or commercial. Nothing like watching a sellout squirm live.

I loved it when one of American Free Tibet protesters was complaining when they got back here.

The Chinese confiscated their credit cards and charged $5000 tickets on the first flight out of Beijing to SF.

He should be happy that they didn't put a bullet in the back of his skull.

From the Patriots* to the Chinese gymnasts, no one cares about cheaters anymore. Just win baby.

PTR