Finally got to see the Steelers/Bills game...WOW!

1billsfan

They looked like winners to me. I hope Jauron has seriously bought into using the pass to set up the run with a heavy dose of using Lynch and Jackson in the passing game as well. THAT was what I have been waiting for! I've been as tough as nails on Jauron, but if he truly does trust in his QB and the skilled players on offense to use their exceptional God-given abilities then he has a VERY good shot at becoming a successful and winning head coach for the Buffalo Bills. I beg you, please do NOT go back into your run-run-pass shell. Starting defense looked very solid also.

As for Edwards, he looked like the second coming of Steve Young directing the 49ers out there. It was everything I was looking for and MORE and I was flat out WRONG in thinking Losman was better than him. I know it's preseason but I think that preseason game will have a huge effect going forward for this team and it's coaches. They took it to one of the AFC bullies and made it look easy.

They obviously need to translate this into the real games and then have the consistency in performance that all playoff bound teams must have. Remember how consistent Kelly's Bills were? Bring it every game and this team WILL get 11 or 12 wins and make the playoffs. This was a big one. It proved to them that they really do have the makings for a good team, where the skies the limit in '08 including beating New England.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aren't you the guy who wrote off the entire team just last week after the Skins game? Was it just that time of the month or do you just have a short memory and only judge the team on their most recent performance.

You said you thought Jauron made bad calls and Edwards looked clueless. Now you're saying Jauron made good calls and Edwards looks like a HoF QB. WTF?

Aren't you the guy who wrote off the entire team just last week after the Skins game? Was it just that time of the month or do you just have a short memory and only judge the team on their most recent performance.

You said you thought Jauron made bad calls and Edwards looked clueless. Now you're saying Jauron made good calls and Edwards looks like a HoF QB. WTF?

winning cures everything i guess...we're all hoping for something great this year, I can't fault this lad

Hence the term, "retard roller coaster."

He did look like Young right on down to that long scramble. I was very pleased and admitted I'm wrong on the QBs. There's a difference between looking like a HoF QB and becoming one. My hope is that Edwards will bring a championship here, HoF stuff doesn't much matter in the grand scheme of being a Bills fan. We already have a few of those guys, but none of them wear a Superbowl ring.

My beef with Jauron has always been his close-to-the-vest, play-not-to-lose style. There's no disputing that he's always coached this way. I saw nothing of the sort in that game and hope that Jauron will in fact stay with this change of philosophy. That was what I was waiting for and bitching since early last season. Jauron's a nice guy, but in my eyes he wasn't doing his job very well. I saw something special and hope he has bought into this more player friendly, go after it game plan.

Fair Weather Fan

There's nothing wrong or fair weathered about calling out a coach for a flawed philosophy which doesn't give his players a fighting chance to make the playoffs. I was just giving my brutally honest opinion and assessment. They were clearly calling a different game in Toronto, and one that I was hoping for all along. Marshawn only netting 18 catches last season was just plain ridiculous. Now that Trent rewarded Jauron's trust in letting him pass on early downs and using the RBs in the passing game, it would only seem logical that this WILL be a preview of what we can expect this season. I've always said that this team has the capacity for 11 wins if they just trusted in their skilled players. If Jauron goes back to the dreadful run-run-pass on third and long formula, I will no doubt be voicing my displeasure.

There's nothing wrong or fair weathered about calling out a coach for a flawed philosophy which doesn't give his players a fighting chance to make the playoffs. I was just giving my brutally honest opinion and assessment. They were clearly calling a different game in Toronto, and one that I was hoping for all along. Marshawn only netting 18 catches last season was just plain ridiculous. Now that Trent rewarded Jauron's trust in letting him pass on early downs and using the RBs in the passing game, it would only seem logical that this WILL be a preview of what we can expect this season. I've always said that this team has the capacity for 11 wins if they just trusted in their skilled players. If Jauron goes back to the dreadful run-run-pass on third and long formula, I will no doubt be voicing my displeasure.

What if he goes run-run-pass, and has players that can make it work? How many plays did he call, anyways?

^^^^^^^^^^^

exactly, we'll see how long this lasts. im sure after the first loss it will be back to normal.

I am thinking that when Trent throws an interception, he will lose his mind.

This poster wasn't always like this. The season needs to start (and we need Jason Peters).

hmmm. who said this a week ago? make up your mind....its pathetic. chad pennington or steve young??????

You got it. It's going to take years before this team recovers from Jauron's massive brain fart in regards to his QB decision making. Losman's going to go to a team that will reap the rewards of acquiring a very talented player who's been through his tough growing pains and who's ready to become one of the league's top five QBs. The Bills are going to pay for their lack of patience and deeply regret every listening to Bill Walsh waxing poetic about the well-spoken kid from Stanford. I just don't see Edwards being anything other than the second coming of Chad Pennington. All of you ridiculous Losman haters and bashers will eventually turn against "The One" when we are at mid season and he only has 5 touchdown passes.

its looking more and more like Jason Peters needs us more than the Bills need him.

whenever he decides to come back, he better bring that check with him for those fines for being a crappy teammate.

Did you see when Trent got nailed. Thats what happens when your OT isn't explosive at all

Did you see when Trent got nailed. Thats what happens when your OT isn't explosive at all

that one time. yes. and im not saying that we arent a much better team with him than without him.

but everyone knew that the steelers were going to have their ears pinned back on that play. and we DID manage to drive 98 yards after that. so the Oline held its own shortly thereafter.

i understand this is a lot to conclude from one preseason game, and only a couple series, but Walker and the rest of the line sure hasnt helped Peters cause. especially since we were actually RUN BLOCKING for once as well.

id like to see him back. im just afraid that at this point, the time it would take him to catch up and the change in personnel chemistry might actually hurt where that line is going.

point it... show up for work dummy.

You got it. It's going to take years before this team recovers from Jauron's massive brain fart in regards to his QB decision making. Losman's going to go to a team that will reap the rewards of acquiring a very talented player who's been through his tough growing pains and who's ready to become one of the league's top five QBs. The Bills are going to pay for their lack of patience and deeply regret every listening to Bill Walsh waxing poetic about the well-spoken kid from Stanford. I just don't see Edwards being anything other than the second coming of Chad Pennington. All of you ridiculous Losman haters and bashers will eventually turn against "The One" when we are at mid season and he only has 5 touchdown passes.

I know how you feel. I thought the same things about Rob Johnson.

After all of these years and losses, the odds of JP becoming a top 5 qb are slim to laughable. I hope it happens! We might need him to fill in this season, or even play long term if Trent gets hurt. But, if I were you I wouldn't count on it.

As I said, I have been down this ugly road before.

so what happens if trent plays very well and gets hurt and then JP comes in and plays even better?

do we start to realize that QBs can do well when you finally surround them with a real OLine and a lot of weapons and a good OC?

(both these questions are rhetorical)

so what happens if trent plays very well and gets hurt and then JP comes in and plays even better?

do we start to realize that QBs can do well when you finally surround them with a real OLine and a lot of weapons and a good OC?

you posted rhetorical questions?

(thats a rhetorical question) :thumbsup:

There was a sack JP took on thursday that has been his achilles since he came here..Third down and 7 and he takes a ridiculous sack where he had plenty of time to get the ball off..He just holds on to the ball too long and doesnt read the blitzes when they are coming..If he couldve ever gotten over that he woulda been a good qb...So in his case I dont believe so..