Battle of the Night

Mike Hart from Michigan was still on the Board when we drafted Xavier Oman, IMO this was very stupid and I wish the braintrust would explain to me there thinking on this one.

Well, not to generalize, but name me the last Michigan RB who was any good. Tyrone Wheatley, Tim Biakabatuka, Anthony Thomas. These guys were much higher drfat picks and were big busts. Hart was less physically gifted than all of them. I don't think we're going to regret that in the long run. Better to give a shot to a more gifted kid from a smaller school than to go with someobody because they are a name.

Mike Hart from Michigan was still on the Board when we drafted Xavier Oman, IMO this was very stupid and I wish the braintrust would explain to me there thinking on this one.

mike hart was very overrated, and not a pro style back imo

What was the situation on this one?

Last week he had the ball in the wrong hand - a ridiculous mistake for someone at the pro level.

There aren't many "football" people who think Mike Hart is going to make it in the NFL. He's just not quick enough and takes too many hits.

What was the situation on this one?

Last week he had the ball in the wrong hand - a ridiculous mistake for someone at the pro level.

There aren't many "football" people who think Mike Hart is going to make it in the NFL. He's just not quick enough and takes too many hits.

Didn't see a replay yet. He went into a pile behind the los and the ball came out.

Agreed, IMHO Mike Hart is going to be a good NFL football player.

Well, not to generalize, but name me the last Michigan RB who was any good. Tyrone Wheatley, Tim Biakabatuka, Anthony Thomas. These guys were much higher drfat picks and were big busts. Hart was less physically gifted than all of them. I don't think we're going to regret that in the long run. Better to give a shot to a more gifted kid from a smaller school than to go with someobody because they are a name.

Biakabatuka was a beast! To say he was a bust is foolish. He is still the Panthers leading rusher after playing only 5 seasons. His career was cut short by injuries.

How can you call our braintrust stupid for selecting a running back in the sixth round that scored 37 TDs (albeit Division 1AA) rather than an undersized overachiever who played at a big school?

Not a huge fan of this Omon kid, but Wright totally ruined a GREAT performance, AGAIN, with that dumb fumble. He's easily fumbling himself onto the first cut list, and that stinks, because I even like his running better than Jackson's.

Week 1 I gave the edge to Omon, he showed more quickness and was solid in blitz pickups. They both fumbled the ball once so the pass pro gave Omon the dege for me. Lets see what happens tonight. Wright looks good right now.

I liked Wright last year but he's sure giving the coaches lots of proof to give him the pink slip. Sorry but you can't fumble every game. Right now, only Lynch and Jackson are worthy of making the roster at RB. Omon hasn't impressed me yet.

I feel really bad for Wright, he is definitely trying to make this team, but those fumbles are killers.

Omon is showing well, add in that he's also on special teams could put him over the top.

As for the Mike Hart debate, and I will add that I'm a Michigan fan, I would have loved for the Bills to have taken him. I know he's not a NFL starting RB, but he's one of those blue collar players, he may not be a star, but he'll get the job done. I think that Hart can be best used as a situational player. Throw in the fact that he's a good receiver and a good blocker and you've got a player that can be very valuable. I think the Colts will be fine with him.

Having said all of that, I'm not pissed off at the Bills for not drafting him. I was surprised that they drafted a RB at all this year, since it was'nt a need. However I trust the Bills judgment for drafting Omon. If they think he's going to be a valuable asset, then by all means, let's give him a chance.