The Skins Game Revisited...

I DVR'ed the game and watched it for the first time last night. Football aside, Theisman is THE WORST ANAL-IST EVER! I can't stand that idiot! If you want evidence of how much of a complete idiot he is take a look at the pass interference play that we challenged and listen to his 'insightful' commentary. That dude has no business commentating on anything!

What a fuggin moron...OK, my rant is over.

I have to agree. That was the worst covered game in the history of preseason football. That station was conducting interviews of the Redskin players all game long even while the Bills are playing and not showing Buffalo live plays for awhile. It was disgusting to watch. Theisman is unwatchable and I cannot listen to that idiot drone on about every Redskin player.

The plays I was able to I was happy with alot of what I saw.

1) Hardy was good

2) McKelvin looked good

3) Parrish is scary good

4) Oman looked like he is going to beat out Wright on the depth chart

5) I'm in the Hamden fan club. He'll overtake JP on the Depth chart

Things I didn't like

1) The DL is still giving up too many yards on run defense

2) The starters when Trent was in there were not on the same page.

3) JP's sack and interception.

4) Too many fumbles.

I can't say I agree with you there. It was a blown blocking scheme and there really wasn't a quick check down. For me, old JP makes a stupid ass pass in that situation, possibly an INT. I agree that in the past he's held the ball too long. However, in that instance I think taking the sack and protecting the ball was the smart play.

I also just watched game again. Jp didn't read the rush, the back on the play was "wide open" in the left flat,all but waving his hands, the sack game at about 3.5 seconds. JP was still waiting for his well covered receivers to come open over the middle,never looked anywhere else.

I quess you could call it a preseason goof up, but the game just doesn't seem to be slowing down for JP yet,after 3 seasons.

The sack was a missed assignment, what interception?

The sack was not getting rid of the ball fast enough. His stats look good but after watching him play I still would rather have Hamden ahead of JP. JP just doesn't inspire confidence at the QB position IMHO. Trent's performance was the worst of the night tho. It's hard to tell if the WR's were running the wrong routes or if Trent was throwing to the wrong spots. But anyways too many blown plays when all said and done IMHO.

It's the 1st preseason game so I wont worry about it, but I would like to see a crisp first half by all parties tonite.

The sack was not getting rid of the ball fast enough. His stats look good but after watching him play I still would rather have Hamden ahead of JP. JP just doesn't inspire confidence at the QB position IMHO. Trent's performance was the worst of the night tho. It's hard to tell if the WR's were running the wrong routes or if Trent was throwing to the wrong spots. But anyways too many blown plays when all said and done IMHO.

It's the 1st preseason game so I wont worry about it, but I would like to see a crisp first half by all parties tonite.

I didn't have a stopwatch on it but the play was blown up fast. JP had no time. If Trent plays as well as JP did in that game this season I will be happy. I want to see the 1st team SCORE TD's tonight.

I also just watched game again. Jp didn't read the rush, the back on the play was "wide open" in the left flat,all but waving his hands, the sack game at about 3.5 seconds. JP was still waiting for his well covered receivers to come open over the middle,never looked anywhere else.

I quess you could call it a preseason goof up, but the game just doesn't seem to be slowing down for JP yet,after 3 seasons.

Fred Jackson was wide open because he flared wide way behind the LOS, AND he had an LB right in front of him waiting. He would have been lucky to get back to the line of scrimmage. The THREE receivers JP was looking for weren't even looking for the ball. There was nothing for him to do.

I didn't have a stopwatch on it but the play was blown up fast. JP had no time. If Trent plays as well as JP did in that game this season I will be happy. I want to see the 1st team SCORE TD's tonight.

It's be nice if Trent had the luxury of playing against backups too. :)

Anyways, it's the first preseason game of the year, so there's a lot to work. I would like to see TE play more, but I also don't wanna see him get hurt. He obviously is the starter in the coach's eyes but he still needs more reps. All in all, i could care less about the final score and jsut would like to seem some improvement.

Welcome onboard, may the Chroise be with you.

Hamdan will not overtake JP on the DC for the simple reason that is called sports politics. Allthough it would be pretty sweet, let's see if Hamdan can get to his NFL Europe level during the remaining pre-season games and then JP needs to start worrying (as does Trent lol).

Fred Jackson was wide open because he flared wide way behind the LOS, AND he had an LB right in front of him waiting. He would have been lucky to get back to the line of scrimmage. The THREE receivers JP was looking for weren't even looking for the ball. There was nothing for him to do.

Freddy had about a 10 yd or more cushion. I'd rather have my back in the open, one on one with a linebacker , than take a sack and loss. Thats the kind of thinking that has us at the bottom of the heap.

I did not have the luxury of re-watching the game, but I on my first view, I was concerned again with our inability to open any kind of holes for the running game..regardless of how many people were on the line, the O-line HAS to be able to open up SOMETHING SOMEWHERE for these guys to run thru...

The Ravens were among the most predictable in the NFL in running the ball and having 8 in the box played against them a few years ago with Jamal Lewis, and they still found ways to get it done...

I have to agree. That was the worst covered game in the history of preseason football. That station was conducting interviews of the Redskin players all game long even while the Bills are playing and not showing Buffalo live plays for awhile. It was disgusting to watch. Theisman is unwatchable and I cannot listen to that idiot drone on about every Redskin player.

The plays I was able to I was happy with alot of what I saw.

1) Hardy was good

2) McKelvin looked good

3) Parrish is scary good

4) Oman looked like he is going to beat out Wright on the depth chart

Things I didn't like

1) The DL is still giving up too many yards on run defense

2) The starters when Trent was in there were not on the same page.

3) JP's sack and interception.

4) Too many fumbles.

maybe in your blind hatred for JP Losman you imagined him throwing an interception, but I hate to break it to you - he didn't. As a matter of fact, he threw the Bills' only touchdown pass that game. And then he followed it up w/ a 2-point conversion pass that succeeded. :shrug:

It's be nice if Trent had the luxury of playing against backups too. :)

Anyways, it's the first preseason game of the year, so there's a lot to work. I would like to see TE play more, but I also don't wanna see him get hurt. He obviously is the starter in the coach's eyes but he still needs more reps. All in all, i could care less about the final score and jsut would like to seem some improvement.

JP also played with backups. Trent is going to have to face GOOD teams if he is to be the starter. I say give him & the other starters time to jell. Let them play a half. I don't care about the final score in preseason either, but throwing some TD's will be a sign of improvement............that is what I am looking for.

maybe in your blind hatred for JP Losman you imagined him throwing an interception, but I hate to break it to you - he didn't. As a matter of fact, he threw the Bills' only touchdown pass that game. And then he followed it up w/ a 2-point conversion pass that succeeded. :shrug:

Not only was he mad about JP's phantom interception and sack (which was clearly the offensive line's fault), he obviously liked what he saw from Trent since he didn't call him out in his "not hot" list. WTF????

Saying that this will be an interesting season is a major understatement.

3.5 seconds......lol that blitzer who blew right by Schouman untouched might be the slowest player in the NFL then

No hate here ! I'm not a player hater !