Jauron is NOT the coach for this team, and here is why (stats)

Then there's what he did last year despite having the HARDEST schedule in the league and the most players on IR ever.

Being a bit over dramatic? Did not somebody post on the here the Bills ended up with the 18th hardest schedule by seasons end?

A far cry from the "HARDEST" schedule ....

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I referred to his status on this board, not the media.

I don't like the guy any more than most around here do, but he has a track record of success everywhere he's been. As much as he's a jerk, he makes things happen. Buffalo hasn't had a coach like that in an awfully long time.

BPLoDR.... :lol:

I takes some real guts to post something like this on a board that accepts only positive viewpoints for the most part, I applaud your courage sir. History is not kind to coaches with that long of a record in the league and you couldn't have been more detailed in your analysis. If Dick Jauron suddenly becomes a very successful winning head coach it will be the most incredible shocking turn of events to me. It's strange to me why Losman got the boot to the curb so quickly around here, yet this board loves Dick Jauron (a guy with such a long losing track record) so much.

You know what I find most amusing about this? You've actually managed to mask self-praise as a compliment to someone else. For this, we the Egomaniacs of America salute you. :lol::P:D

Isn't the fact that Jauron being only one of 83 coaches EVER to be around long enough to coach 100+ games, something in and of itself?

That's like saying Jim Kelly sucks, because out of ___ quarterbacks that have been to the Super Bowl, he is one of the last QB's to ___.

If only 83 have done something good enough to stick around for 100+ games, I think that says something about Jauron.

Isn't the fact that Jauron being only one of 83 coaches EVER to be around long enough to coach 100+ games, something in and of itself?

That's like saying Jim Kelly sucks, because out of ___ quarterbacks that have been to the Super Bowl, he is one of the last QB's to ___.

If only 83 have done something good enough to stick around for 100+ games, I think that says something about Jauron.

Yep. It says he's a below average coach compared to his peers that has worked for some dysfunctional and timid organizations that are willing to wait it out and hope his approach finally works somehow.

So, when the Bills ditch Jauron, they should run out and hire Bruce Coslett? He is on the list.

How about Henning?

Come on, Coslett and Henning have both coached over 100+ so they MUST be good, right?

Isn't this what you are saying: 100+ games = good coach?

So, when the Bills ditch Jauron, they should run out and hire Bruce Coslett? He is on the list.

How about Henning?

Come on, Coslett and Henning have both coached over 100+ so they MUST be good, right?

Isn't this what you are saying: 100+ games = good coach?

No, that is not what he is saying at all. He is not saying it is automatic that 100+ games = good coach, but rather that it is worth considering that he has been able to coach 100+ games.

I know you want to make your point, but goodness gracious, where is reading comprehension? At least Sisyphean was able to make an actual argument...

Being a bit over dramatic? Did not somebody post on the here the Bills ended up with the 18th hardest schedule by seasons end?

A far cry from the "HARDEST" schedule ....

"dramatic"? Uh, no. Inaccurate, perhaps. Forgive me for not having read every post here like I presume you have. Last I knew about it, at the start of the season the W/L % of our opponents was tied for the toughest.

No, that is not what he is saying at all. He is not saying it is automatic that 100+ games = good coach, but rather that it is worth considering that he has been able to coach 100+ games.

I know you want to make your point, but goodness gracious, where is reading comprehension? At least Sisyphean was able to make an actual argument...

A.) Sisyphean Bills post was not visible when I posted.

B.) My reading comprehension is fine.

C.) In Jauron's case, why is being able to coach 100+ games worth considering? 32 of those games came as HC of the Bills.

what do you think Jauron's record would be if he had Jim Kelly, Thurman Thomas, Bruce Smith, Cornelius Bennett, Andre Reed, Darryl Talley, James Lofton, etc on his team?

I doubt any coach would have a winning record with those guys. They're a little old to be in the NFL

BTW, what was Marvs record before Bflo, was it 100 games? Maybe Dick will be fine.

31-42 record in the NFL:

1978 KC 4-12

1979 KC 7-9

1980 KC 8-8

1981 KC 9-7

1982 KC 3-6

Also found a website that lists his CFL record as 43-31-4 and USFL record of 5-13

I doubt any coach would have a winning record with those guys. They're a little old to be in the NFL

31-42 record in the NFL:

1978 KC 4-12

1979 KC 7-9

1980 KC 8-8

1981 KC 9-7

1982 KC 3-6

Also found a website that lists his CFL record as 43-31-4 and USFL record of 5-13

New math? 31+42=73.

By the time Levy reached 100+ games in Buffalo, he was the head coach of a team that went 12-4 and won a playoff game. His teams would go on to make the playoffs every year save 2 for the rest of his career.

Jauron, by comparison, has had 1 winning season, did not coach a playoff team in his 100+ surpassing season, has never won a playoff game, and the one season he did coach a playoff team followed it up with 2 losing seasons and getting fired.

So, yeah. There is no difference at all. :wallbash:

Who should have been hired, if not Jauron? Mike Sherman? Mike Martz? It was OBVIOUS the major criteria was previous head coaching experience, seeing as the Bills had just failed miserably with two first-timers. I wasn't thrilled with the Jauron hire, but I don't remember too many all-star options...

Who should have been hired, if not Jauron? Mike Sherman? Mike Martz? It was OBVIOUS the major criteria was previous head coaching experience, seeing as the Bills had just failed miserably with two first-timers. I wasn't thrilled with the Jauron hire, but I don't remember too many all-star options...

Maybe previous head coaching experience should not have been such a major factor? Mike McCarthy, Eric Mangini, Sean Payton, and Gary Kubiak were all hired the same year as the Bills recycled Jauron. The first 3 took their teams to playoffs and the 4th has his team arguably headed in the right direction. Heck, even Rod Marinelli has made significant progress it would seem and he's saddled with unadulterated lunacy as far as a front office.

Maybe previous head coaching experience should not have been such a major factor? Mike McCarthy, Eric Mangini, Sean Payton, and Gary Kubiak were all hired the same year as the Bills recycled Jauron. The first 3 took their teams to playoffs and the 4th has his team arguably headed in the right direction. Heck, even Rod Marinelli has made significant progress it would seem and he's saddled with unadulterated lunacy as far as a front office.

How could you even say that? Were you frozen during the previous two regimes?

You are naming those guys looking back with three years of hindsight. You're telling me, after hiring D-coordinator Greggo, and then O-coordinator Mularkey, that you would've been excited in 2006 about giving a first time shot to the next young coordinator? You're lying through the keyboard if you say you would've been fine with that.

And Jauron's two 7-9 seasons, while short of the playoffs, is better than the 4-12 put up by Mangina ('07) and Kubiak's 6-10 ('06). Payton fell from 10-6 and NFC Championship to 7-9 and out of the NFC playoffs. McCarthy's Packers caught lightning in a bottle last season, but had to win their last 4 to finish 8-8 in '06.