Edwards threw a 70 yard TD to Hardy

Seriously??? Edwards played in one of the best conferences in coolege football at a nerd school that has never been good in football. If Trent's a loser, what does that make JP? He transfered out of that conference to go to Conference USA (one of the worst D1 cinferences) and was barely .500. Additionally, both Holcomb and Edwards proved they are better at leading the Bills to victories.

And injury prone? Who's missed multiple games in 2 of his 4 seasons with the Bills (when he wasn't benched)? I liek JP but don't make up stuff to diss TE.

lolz. what is he making up? trent's record at standford sucks...and he's been injured quite a bit throughout college and his rookie year. he didnt say trent wears a dress at night and prays to precious moments figurines before bedtime.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously??? Edwards played in one of the best conferences in coolege football at a nerd school that has never been good in football. If Trent's a loser, what does that make JP? He transfered out of that conference to go to Conference USA (one of the worst D1 cinferences) and was barely .500. Additionally, both Holcomb and Edwards proved they are better at leading the Bills to victories.

And injury prone? Who's missed multiple games in 2 of his 4 seasons with the Bills (when he wasn't benched)? I liek JP but don't make up stuff to diss TE.

You are referring to Troy Vincent's training camp cheap-shot that broke JP's leg in his rookie season, and Wilfork's blatant head-to-the-knee (for which he was fined) last season? Yeah, those qualify JP as 'injury-prone'. :wallbash:

Edwards has proven nothing yet - I like the kid, and hope he's as great as everyone claims he is. As for former NFL QB Kelly Holcomb, thanks for the laugh.

The myth of Edwards' arm strength is aggravating. He throws a sharp out and a 20 yard pass on a rope. QBs attempt maybe 1 40+ yard pass a game. Except Losman, who likes to chuck up 3-4 for no good reason. I'd rather have a guy who can consistently complete a 7 yard crossing pattern or out than the 70 yard bomb twice a season.

BTW, I don't know if Edwards is good enough but I'm certain Losman is not.

You are referring to Troy Vincent's training camp cheap-shot that broke JP's leg in his rookie season, and Wilfork's blatant head-to-the-knee (for which he was fined) last season? Yeah, those qualify JP as 'injury-prone'.

Edwards has proven nothing yet - I like the kid, and hope he's as great as everyone claims he is. As for former NFL QB Kelly Holcomb, thanks for the laugh.

Does it really matter how a guy gets injured? Is it less of an injury if it happens in training camp or if it's a cheap shot? Sounds like more propaganda from the Senator

lolz. what is he making up? trent's record at standford sucks...and he's been injured quite a bit throughout college and his rookie year. he didnt say trent wears a dress at night and prays to precious moments figurines before bedtime.

Well, I didn't know about the dress & the figurines - but he does claim Dakota Fanning is his favourite actress, which I do find a little weird...

Link

Never said it did - that was you purporting a 45-yard pass (with a kinda 'javelin-throw' running wind-up) as a 70-yard bomb.

Gotcha. You aren't concerned with facts, you only see what you want. I'll know not to reply to you in the future.

Does it really matter how a guy gets injured? Is it less of an injury if it happens in training camp or if it's a cheap shot? Sounds like more propaganda from the Senator

Are those rhetorical questions?

If you slip in the shower and break your arm, or fall getting out of bed and smash your head on the night table, or land on a football and bruise your ribs - allowing Doug Flutie to steal your job (a la Rob Johnson) - I'd say you're 'injury-prone'.

If a Mack truck veers off the road and smashes you to a pulp while your standing on the sidewalk facing the other way, I would not say you are injury-prone.

Well, no. JP has two of the last five, not one. But then again, you getting within 50% of any kind of number or math is somewhat of a personal triumph for you.

You're right. I was getting ahead of myself. He hasn't been injured YET this year. But he has been out with injuries 3 out of the last 4. thanks for the correction.

Are those rhetorical questions?

If you slip in the shower and break your arm, or fall getting out of bed and smash your head on the night table, or land on a football and bruise your ribs - allowing Doug Flutie to steal your job (a la Rob Johnson) - I'd say you're 'injury-prone'.

If a Mack truck veers off the road and smashes you to a pulp while your standing on the sidewalk facing the other way, I would not say you are injury-prone.

Wow Marshawn runs someone over and it is all over the news and JP got hit by a Mack truck while walking down the sidewalk and we heard nothing, holy schitt. Nice load of crap though, getting injured often while playing football could be viewed as injury-prone no?

You are referring to Troy Vincent's training camp cheap-shot that broke JP's leg in his rookie season, and Wilfork's blatant head-to-the-knee (for which he was fined) last season? Yeah, those qualify JP as 'injury-prone'. :wallbash:

I really don't see that many people claiming Edwards will be great. I see a lot more JP apologists (and I used to be one) making a million excuses for him. Very few of his fans seem to address the fact that at least 75% of his starts he has been average to below average. Yet, people think he has been wronged by this evil empire of the Bills. Two coaching staffs have decided to pull the plug on plug on JP. We can argue all day about how good these coachign staffs are, but the bottomline is they want the guy who gives them the best shot at winning out there. And so far, it hasn't been JP.

I like JP and have no hard feelings. I don't know if Trent's the answer but I'm pretty confident it's not Losman. A wise man once said insanity is doing the same thing wrong and expecting different results. If the Bills somehow start JP (they won't), I'm pretty sure I'll be seeing the same sucky movie I have seen for the last 3 years.

P.S. Laugh all you want at Holcomb but he was the better QB when he was here. The guy also throw for 400 yards in a playoff game.

No, I only see what you posted. I'd really like to see a video of TE throwing the ball 70 yards. Got one?

And this arm strength argument is so dumb. Arm strength has very little determination of how good of a NFL QB you will be. If it did, Kyle Boller would be taking mulitple teams to the playoffs, while Jeff Garcia (who throws like a girl) would be out of the league.

I'd rather have a guy who can consistently complete a 7 yard crossing pattern or out than the 70 yard bomb twice a season.

Then you'd probably rather have Losman:

Edwards on passes thrown less than ten yards in the air, 2007: 59.7% on 201 Attempts

Losman on passes thrown less than ten yards in the air, 2007: 72.0% on 129 Attempts

Losman on passes thrown less than ten yards in the air, 2006: 71.8% on 302 Attempts

There are plenty of short comings to pick on for Losman, but short passing isn't one of them.

IMO, it's average, and would not be considered "good arm strength" relative to most QBs in the league, especially starters. Especially as far as the real deep passes. He throws a very tight spiral though, so his ball can sometimes get 40 yards in a hurry. But it's surely not weak, and it's surely strong enough to make the throws he needs to make to be a good or potentially great QB.

I disagree with the Average statement. From what i saw on the highlight film it didn't look like he put that much effort into the throw. When JP throws the deep ball he winds up bigtime. He also puts a ton of air on his deep balls. Trent's seem to have a lower trajectory. I didn't see it live so i could be wrong.

Wow Marshawn runs someone over and it is all over the news and JP got hit by a Mack truck while walking down the sidewalk and we heard nothing, holy schitt. Nice load of crap though, getting injured often while playing football could be viewed as injury-prone no?

Wow - I never really bought into the whole 'dumb Canadian' thing, but you're winning me over.

If I take a sledge hammer and whack you in the knee when you're not looking, or are in a completely defenseless posture, are you 'injury-prone'?

There are plenty of short comings to pick on for Losman, but short passing isn't one of them.

Right, there is also the fact that he can't see the "blindside" blitzer coming for the sack, you know the one that the TE and/or RB failed to block. :wallbash:

And this arm strength argument is so dumb. Arm strength has very little determination of how good of a NFL QB you will be. If it did, Kyle Boller would be taking mulitple teams to the playoffs, while Jeff Garcia (who throws like a girl) would be out of the league.

You're looking at it from the wrong point of view, IMO. The criticism of Edwards, regardless of if it is warranted or not, is whether he has the arm strength to be a top quarterback in this league. It's extremely hard to be a top QB without it although there are a few exceptions, especially in a bad weather city like Buffalo. The argument for cannot be "see all the other quarterbacks in the league that have great arm strength that suck!". That has absolutely nothing to do with the question at hand. Arm strength doesn't mean greatness, that's a fact, but you pretty much need it to be great. The vast majority of the good QBs have better than average or very strong arms.

Arm strength actually has a lot to do with how good of an NFL QB you will be. If it didn't, I would imagine more than half of the players playing QB right now in the NFL would be out of jobs and replaced by guys on the couch who have been cut already who are smarter, more accurate, more talented overall quarterbacks. But simply don't have the arm strength to do it all. You need to be able to back the defense away from the LOS. You need to be able to get the ball on a rope 20-30 yards downfield and all the way across the field so CBs and safeties don't make up the ground quick and step in front of the receiver. You need to be able to hit guys downfield when they're open to score points the 2-3 times a game they become available.

IMO, TE has enough. It's not a weak arm at all. It's just not to be confused with having a strong arm.