Someone please explain the Roscoe Parrish lovefest

Adam

If that means gambling five yards downfield after a catch, then so be it.

What if he's at the line of scrimmage or behind it on a WR screen that they like to run with him. He's turns a 2nd and 7 into a 3rd and 12. That ain't helping.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Then you don't want a playmaker, you want a possession receiver. If you want someone to catch the ball, get his yards and be satisfied with what he's already gained, then you put Josh Reed on the field and throw to him.

Personally, I'd rather see Roscoe get the chance to showcase his speed, acceleration and shiftiness and try to make something happen rather than take what the defense dictates. If that means gambling five yards downfield after a catch, then so be it.

So what you want is low percentage plays. Enjoy the 4-12 record that will bring

What if he's at the line of scrimmage or behind it on a WR screen that they like to run with him. He's turns a 2nd and 7 into a 3rd and 12. That ain't helping.

Depending on the situation it's still an acceptable risk, IMO.

So what you want is low percentage plays. Enjoy the 4-12 record that will bring

It might be a low percentage play (by your definition) but again, it's a risk I'll take.

There is absolutely no correlation between Roscoe trying to bust a big play and a 4-12 record.

Put me in the camp for getting him the ball more. He's electric. Turk wants an offense based on YAC and that is something Roscoe does very well.

I seem to remember him doing pretty well with the ball in his hands on the second or third play from scrimmage against the Jets one time....

Maybe if Jason Peters was in camp I wouldn’t say this, but he’s not so he can’t qualify for this honor. So, here’s something that will shock a lot of people to read: Roscoe Parrish is the best football player on the team! I was absolutely so impressed with him.

* He runs perfect routes (even the other receivers say he’s the best route runner on the team).

* He never drops a pass he should catch.

* He works his tail off and gives a great effort on every drill and play.

* He’s very coachable and pays attention.

* Even at his size, he can make plays in the red zone against taller DBs.

* He finishes every play off correctly.

* He is totally smooth at catching and returning punts compared to others who do it.

http://www.salsports.com/2008%20Bills%20Tr...mp%20Report.htm

:lol:

What he said....

I'm not sure where the bad routes thing comes from. They look great to me. The problem has been more with the QB's of late and with the coaches ability to put Roscoe in the correct positions.

Credited with 1 pass defended.. Don't know...was he avoided, did he run over to help out others?

Bills were #28 in overall pass defense and #25 in rush D. I can't see giving Whitner or any others on that D a nice pat on the head...

Over-pursuing on screens.

Having difficulty covering tight ends.

Not nearly as hard a hitter as advertised.

But he sure talks a mean game.

Don't get me wrong, I've seen promising things... and he is still very young and has the intelligence and tools to become an upper echelon safety. But let's not confuse him for one just yet.

There are many examples to pick from....

But theres one game that sticks out....Watch the Redskins game, the 1st half, then the 2nd half....play close attention and tell me what changed/what adjustment was made in the 2nd half....and then tell me Whitner is "underachieveing"...

I was strictly speaking of Barry, as no real comparison can be made except for each players propensity for losing yards. I've had the Sanders debate with many a folk and you are the first person who hasn't vehemently denied my theory. I know Sanders played on terrible teams but I think his herky jerky style of running may not have been suitable for NFL success. Breaking long runs is great but if your team is surrendering the ball to the other team 4 out of 5 series, are you really making any ground?

As far as Roscoe goes, his style is perfect for kick returns but all too often he runs laterally and even backwards in terms of field position. A player can't just surrender 5 yards because he thinks he can break it for 20 more. Take the 5 and get back to the huddle.

I don't see how they can argue against that, considering the reason he retired was because the Lions sucked so bad the entire time he was there. I guess they say he had nobody around them, but Herman Moore and Brett Periman were pretty good receivers then, especially more.

I don't see how they can argue against that, considering the reason he retired was because the Lions sucked so bad the entire time he was there. I guess they say he had nobody around them, but Herman Moore and Brett Periman were pretty good receivers then, especially more.

Having Rodney Peete and Scott Mitchell at QB probably put a lot of pressure on the Lions' running game.