can we all agree

anyone who is ready to throw this team, especially trent, under the bus after 5 pass atempts in the first preseason game, please hand in your bills gear, and leave the internet untill the season is over. I cant stand this non sense. Im not a trent apologist just because i dont think he will suck based on 5 pass attempts in his first live fb action in 6 months. This is pathetic, i honestly feel i get stupider reading each post

I don't think that anyone's ready to throw him under the bus after the first preseason game.

I think that quite a few people wonder why he was even handed the reigns last year when the offense did just about nothing in 80% of the games he started and was among the worst in the history of the Bills under him.

Now if you want to pin that all onto one preseason game, feel free, but you're ignoring quite a bit of relevant data however.

I'm just wondering what all of the Edwards supporters are going to be saying when our offense doesn't do anymore than it did last year after half a season with him playing like crap starring in the lead role.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just wondering what all of the Edwards supporters are going to be saying when our offense doesn't do anymore than it did last year after half a season with him playing like crap starring in the lead role.

Oh I don't know maybe.....Poor Trent he was jerked around by the team, he was mismanaged, crappy team around him, bad coaching, bad playcalling, bad protection, never given a fair shot, keep him he does so much for the community, give him 4 more years and he will be a 1st ballot HOF'er, he is the next Brett Favre, just you wait. Blah Blah Blah.

GO BILLS!

Yeah. Reverses are AWESOME. How about a double flea flicker with the QB as the deep threat? Or the Statue of Liberty? That always rips em up for 7. Woohoo. It's backyard football baby! Forget the NFL. Welcome to your new job as the Bills OC. Show the whole package in the pre-season baby because it matters so much.

No, let's contunue what we've been doing the last 3 pre-seasons. Run for 2 yards... Run for 1 yard... 3rd and long - incomplete...punt. Then let's start the season losing games we could have won because we couldn't score more than 10 offensive points. Showing nothing in the pre-season has sure confused and surprised our opponents in the past.

No, let's contunue what we've been doing the last 3 pre-seasons. Run for 2 yards... Run for 1 yard... 3rd and long - incomplete...punt. Then let's start the season losing games we could have won because we couldn't score more than 10 offensive points. Showing nothing in the pre-season has sure confused and surprised our opponents in the past.

They should just play the starters for 60 minutes baby. Let's roll up a 40 point win in the preseason!

They should just play the starters for 60 minutes baby. Let's roll up a 40 point win in the preseason!

I'd take that anyday than pretending the offense is suddenly going to click in the regular season. Pre-season reveals a lot more than people think. These guys are basically practicing year round together with the exception of February and March. I'm not looking for a 40 point win because guys who are going to be cut play half the game. What I would like to see is the starting offense to show a pulse and score some points. Today's NFL coaches prepare for everything, so this whole sand-bagging argument doesn't hold any water.

I'd much rather be having an argument that the Bills starters putting up 17-21 points in the pre-season doesn't mean that much than the endless argument that we can't score because we use a vanilla offense, don't gameplan, have a lot to work on, or some other excuse for why this offense sucks. Build some offensive momentum in the pre-season for a change so you don't have to start the regular season trying to do something you have yet to prove you can do.

He played poorly at the end of last year. He has stated publically that he's more comfortable this year. Yeah, it's just the first pre-season game, but he's gotta step it up if he's going to be a bonafide starter. The Bills have started poorly each of the first 2 season under Jauron. That trend needs to change and you would hope that you can see some evidence of this in the pre-season.

May also want to wait to see how he does this year in cold-weather games. Might help if they practiced in the stuff rather than in the heated confines of the Field House.

Every once in awhile I am reminded how special Jim Kelly was. He had such a strong arm, it didn't matter if the wind was 50 MPH in his face or a crosswind or whatever. He was still effective. Growing up in Pennsylvania helped of course.

I questioned the drafting of another California kid as QB who rarely, if ever, had to play in wintery weather. Hopefully he can adapt.

Oh I don't know maybe.....Poor Trent he was jerked around by the team, he was mismanaged, crappy team around him, bad coaching, bad playcalling, bad protection, never given a fair shot, keep him he does so much for the community, give him 4 more years and he will be a 1st ballot HOF'er, he is the next Brett Favre, just you wait. Blah Blah Blah.

GO BILLS!

lol

Sadly that's probably about right. Then they'll discuss all the rest of the "crappy team" as individual units and make the same exact assessment.

The conclusion will be that when discussing any given unit of the team, it's very good or up and coming, or whatever, but that the other units are holding it back. The unit being discussed then just gets rotated as if the prior discussions never took place.

GO BILLS!

I'd take that anyday than pretending the offense is suddenly going to click in the regular season. Pre-season reveals a lot more than people think. These guys are basically practicing year round together with the exception of February and March. I'm not looking for a 40 point win because guys who are going to be cut play half the game. What I would like to see is the starting offense to show a pulse and score some points. Today's NFL coaches prepare for everything, so this whole sand-bagging argument doesn't hold any water.

I'd much rather be having an argument that the Bills starters putting up 17-21 points in the pre-season doesn't mean that much than the endless argument that we can't score because we use a vanilla offense, don't gameplan, have a lot to work on, or some other excuse for why this offense sucks. Build some offensive momentum in the pre-season for a change so you don't have to start the regular season trying to do something you have yet to prove you can do.

I agree and would add that EXECUTION is far more important than points scored or wins and losses. For example, it is more important that TE finds the hot read and gets the ball there or correctly audibles given what the defense shows him than say Roscoe breaking a crossing route for a score. The starters should be in there until they execute the plays correctly. Once they are executing the points will come.

Sunday, September 7 at 1:00 p.m. the Seattle Seahawks are scheduled to play the Buffalo Bills at Ralph Wilson Stadium in Orchard Park, NY. This will be the first 2008 regular season game for both teams. Anything prior to the kickoff of this game, with the exception of injuries, is meaningless.

Sunday, September 7 at 1:00 p.m. the Seattle Seahawks are scheduled to play the Buffalo Bills at Ralph Wilson Stadium in Orchard Park, NY. This will be the first 2008 regular season game for both teams. Anything prior to the kickoff of this game, with the exception of injuries, is meaningless.

Disagree. The team is preparing itself for that date and beyond. The team was 7-9 last year. If they want to do better, they have to improve from last year and this month of August is a very important part of that process.

How DARE YOU call tailgating meaningless!!!!!