Do you think J.P. would stay in Buffalo

RVJ

Bash all you want....I still Have faith in the kid. I think he will do very well in the not to distant future. If the Bills offered him a better than average 2nd string QB salary, do you think he might re-sign ? Or he is just waiting for the end of this season to bolt.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dog14787
Bash all you want....I still Have faith in the kid. I think he will do very well in the not to distant future. If the Bills offered him a better than average 2nd string QB salary, do you think he might resign? Or he is just waiting for the end of this season to bolt.

(It might take a miracle) but anythings possible. Many of the fans including myself love JP and want him to stay.

I also think JP Losman will do well in the future :D

Bash all you want....I still Have faith in the kid. I think he will do very well in the not to distant future. If the Bills offered him a better than average 2nd string QB salary, do you think he might re-sign ? Or he is just waiting for the end of this season to bolt.

no

They benched him for a rookie, and essentially told him the decision was permanent. Kas nailed it: If Losman believes he can be a starter, why would he stay?

I personally think Trents a little slow on his feet. I just have a feeling...staying health for a full season will be a problem for him.

Even with the added muscle from his off season training.

They benched him for a rookie, and essentially told him the decision was permanent. Kas nailed it: If Losman believes he can be a starter, why would he stay?

If for some reason there is a head coaching change, I think anything is possible. Given the way Jauron has bungled Losman's career, there's no way he resigns with him still in charge.

He's going to go to any team where he believes he will play, and if there is not a clear winner, I would assume whoever offers the best contract. That's highly likely not going to be Buffalo. But if Trent were to unfortunately get hurt, AND JP lit it up, AND Ralph offered him a significant contract, AND it was close to the most another team offered him, I think he would want to play here. The likelihood of ALL that happening is very slight to say the least. But I doubt he would rule Buffalo out. I'm sure he just wants to go where he can play the most and get a good contract.

Someone will give him an incentive-laden contract and the chance to start. There are always teams looking for QBs.

In the '09 offseason I expect these teams to be searching for an answer at QB: Miami, Baltimore, KC, Chicago, Detroit, Minney, Carolina, and Tampa.

JP is very athletic and has a cannon arm. His poor decision making, risk taking, poor accuracy, and improvising have plagued him and caused him to be inconsistent. It was always a love/hate relationship for me. I'd cheer him when he unloaded an 80 yarder to Lee, then boo him when he forced a throw that got picked off. The bad plays far outweighed the good ones IMO. But there is no denying his athleticism and arm strength.

If he found out there was no market for him as a starter and he feels comfortable being in the backup situation he knows, he might stay. I doubt it, but I also doubt anyone is going to sign him with the intent that he is their starter, so anything is possible. I would think JP & the Bills will part at the end of this season or sooner, but you never know.

would you?

then you have your answer...and please, dont even try and say you would

(It might take a miracle) but anythings possible. Many of the fans including myself love JP and want him to stay.

and what exactly do you love about him? the number of wins he helped bring to the team? his gaudy stats? i would love to know

the guy has the tools but he simply isnt that good

In the '09 offseason I expect these teams to be searching for an answer at QB: Miami, Baltimore, KC, Chicago, Detroit, Minney, Carolina, and Tampa.

Miami-They'll have Henne, who is currently ahead of Beck, plus Parcells doesn't think much of JP

Baltimore-They drafted Flacco in the 1st round, no room for JP at this inn.

KC-Since I can't see Brody Croyle making it, a definite possibility for JP to go there & compete, but they are unlikely to hand JP the job.

Chicago-Same situation as KC

Detroit-It all depends on what they think of Drew Stanton-the guy they drafted with our 2007 2nd rounder, who spent last year on IR.

Minnesota-It all depends on the season Tarvaris Jackson has.

Carolina-If Delhomme plays well, they'll probably draft a QB of the future, if he doesn't the job will be wide open-but I still expect them to use a high pick on a QB.

Tampa Bay-Gruden has been more inclined to bring a proven vet in and let a guy like JP come in at a backup salary (like Rob) if JP thinks Gruden can help rehab his career.

and what exactly do you love about him? the number of wins he helped bring to the team? his gaudy stats? i would love to know

Favre would not have made much of a difference on the Bills teams JP has played on. The Bills teams JP played on are much closer to the 2007 Dolphins than the 2007 Vikings.

Guest dog14787

I love the fact that he gave 100% from day one on. I love the fact that he always held the team first, himself second. I love the fact that he isn't whinning like a cry baby right now and providing a spark to a lack luster offense. I love the fact that he tried to take the time to do something good for the City of Buffalo. What do I love about this guy? everything, thats what I love about this guy.

You mean to tell me everything an athlete means to you is all in the win, loss column? How many people loved the magic Flute? Lots, Did he take us to the big dance? no

So whats your point? :D

I don't think JP would, He probably as if he wasn;t given a fair shot.---Not that I agree or disagree.

No other teams showed any interest in the offseason so maybe he would stay but I doubt it. He probably wants to go and see what else is out there, but he has to realize the way he has played no team sees him as an upgrade and that he would have to compete again for a starting job and likely just be the back-up on another team. He is a good back-up in this league. He could help a team (ours included) for a few weeks but then his weaknesses shine through again and again.