Atta Boy Edwards!

I don't buy into this moral value baloney. I can give a rat's arse if he has extramarital affairs, the real question is does he do his job voting for his constituents? If the answer is yes, then I don't see the problem. After all, its not like he was banging a hooker or killed someone while drunk driving.

Good job in not listening to a word AD just said. No one gives a rats ass about the plain and simple fact that he cheated on his wife. The bigger problem is, as AD said, is that high level officials have access to extremely sensitive information, and that creates a potential very tenuous situation that these guys can be put in. Lets try to simply this so maybe you can understand.

Government official X has access to sensitive information.

Government official X cheats on his wife with a girl/guy/animal/multiple of the aforementioned 3.

Government official X does not want affected parties (his wife) to find out.

Sketchy guy gets a hold of info that official X cheated.

Sketchy guy knows people who would like and pay real good money for sensitive information.

Sketchy guy tells official X that unless he gives him info, he'll leak info of the secret liaison to the press.

We now get to find out just how bad government official X does not want anyone to find out about the midget/bowling ball/gerbil escapade.

See the potential problem? Politicians simply cannot afford to put themselves into this position.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good job in not listening to a word AD just said. No one gives a rats ass about the plain and simple fact that he cheated on his wife. The bigger problem is, as AD said, is that high level officials have access to extremely sensitive information, and that creates a potential very tenuous situation that these guys can be put in. Lets try to simply this so maybe you can understand.

Government official X cheats on his wife with a girl/guy/animal/multiple of the aforementioned 3.

Sketchy guy knows people who would like and pay real good money for sensitive information.

Sketchy guy tells official X that unless he gives him info, he'll leak info of the secret liaison to the press.

We now get to find out just how bad government official X does not want anyone to find out about the midget/bowling ball/gerbil escapade.

See the potential problem? Politicians simply cannot afford to put themselves into this position.

To say nothing of: "Hey Senator, how's about you swing a couple of multi-million dollar no-bids my way? And while you're at it, make sure you sponsor this Bill we wrote for you, so we don't have to publicize these photos of you doing your whore while your wife is trying to beat Cancer."

These people really are naive.

I don't buy into this moral value baloney. I can give a rat's arse if he has extramarital affairs, the real question is does he do his job voting for his constituents? If the answer is yes, then I don't see the problem. After all, its not like he was banging a hooker or killed someone while drunk driving.

I realize this is essentially a rhetorical question, but are you really as daft as you appear to be?

To say nothing of: "Hey Senator, how's about you swing a couple of multi-million dollar no-bids my way? And while you're at it, make sure you sponsor this Bill we wrote for you, so we don't have to publicize these photos of you doing your whore while your wife is trying to beat Cancer."

These people really are naive.

Maive or not, I look at this the same way I look at the pro choice (which includes me) crowd's argument that making abortion illegal will lead to dangerous abortions- in that case, abortion WOULD BE illegal, just like blackmail is already. I know I worded that horribly, but I think you'll get my meaning!

Yeah i get it, I still don't care. I disagree with the whole our politicians have to be holier than thou crap. Otherwise, we wouldn't have anyone left to be a representative. We are all flawed in some way. Edwards cheated on his wife, but I do not neccesarily equate that to the slippery slope that you hypothetically created. Besides, the sketchy guys (not named Soland) are going to try to extort crap from elected officials anyway. If it isn't for cheating on his wife, it will be for something else.

Yeah i get it, I still don't care. I disagree with the whole our politicians have to be holier than thou crap. Otherwise, we wouldn't have anyone left to be a representative. We are all flawed in some way. Edwards cheated on his wife, but I do not neccesarily equate that to the slippery slope that you hypothetically created. Besides, the sketchy guys (not named Soland) are going to try to extort crap from elected officials anyway. If it isn't for cheating on his wife, it will be for something else.

So, politicians should be given a pass on doing painfully stupid things because they'll get dinged on other things?

Again, I realize this is a rhetorical question, but are you really as daft as you appear to be?

So, politicians should be given a pass on doing painfully stupid things because they'll get dinged on other things?

Again, I realize this is a rhetorical question, but are you really as daft as you appear to be?

They should get as much a pass on mistakes in their personal lives as anyone else, as long as they bite the bullet when it comes to their personal lives affecting their jobs.

I can't say it any better. Good post Adam

That's why you "still don't care" whether they can be blackmailed or not. :lol:

That's why you "still don't care" whether they can be blackmailed or not. :lol:

Any given politician can be blackmailed for a bunch of different reasons. It is up to the politician to maintain his professional and legal responsibility to not give in to such tactics. Now, for something that is old news, Edwards did the right thing by not dignifying questions about his affair with a response. Let the topic die out, and fade away, as there are no legal ramifications of his actions.

Now this is a rhetorical question, but do you have to be consistently insulting? Just because I do not see things they way you do, doesn't make me any worse or better of a person than you.

Any given politician can be blackmailed for a bunch of different reasons. It is up to the politician to maintain his professional and legal responsibility to not give in to such tactics. Now, for something that is old news, Edwards did the right thing by not dignifying questions about his affair with a response. Let the topic die out, and fade away, as there are no legal ramifications of his actions.

Now this is a rhetorical question, but do you have to be consistently insulting? Just because I do not see things they way you do, doesn't make me any worse or better of a person than you.

I never said whether I thought you were a better or worse person than I. I simply stated that your posts make you appear to be daft. Your last posts don't sway my opinion.

She's refusing paternity test, so we'll never know. Gotta respect her privacy, as well as the poor kid's, but that just leaves unanswered questions and most will assume it's his kid and he's lying. Why else would he visit the kid in a hotel room in the middle of the night.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,400962,00.html

They should get as much a pass on mistakes in their personal lives as anyone else, as long as they bite the bullet when it comes to their personal lives affecting their jobs.

That is exactly the problem, as has been explained in some detail by Darin. Everything they do in their personal lives has potential to affect their jobs.

I can't say it any better. Good post Adam

:thumbsup:

Yeah...tell us again how 'moderate' you are while you bend over backward to excuse any behavior from any Dem.

In your personal life, what level of "passing" would you give to a personal friend that has cheated on his wife?

That is exactly the problem, as has been explained in some detail by Darin. Everything they do in their personal lives has potential to affect their jobs.

:thumbsup:

Yeah...tell us again how 'moderate' you are while you bend over backward to excuse any behavior from any Dem.

even if it was a repub in the same situation, i would have no problem with the guy cheating, as long as he does his job. Also, I think you guys overestimate the personal lives of the representatives. What you are using is a very extreme example, IMO.