This is my fear when it comes to Jason Peters

- Jason holds out through training camp

- Jason comes back in so he doesn't get fined any more and give up a year of eligibility for free agency

- The bills reinsert him in the lineup....whether it be at RT because Walker had been practicing at LT for so long.....or just insert Peters back and LT

- Peters gets HURT because he has not been practicing at a NFL level for training camp.

Please report Jason....:angry:

- Jason comes back in so he doesn't get fined any more and give up a year of eligibility for free agency

- The bills reinsert him in the lineup....whether it be at RT because Walker had been practicing at LT for so long.....or just insert Peters back and LT

- Peters gets HURT because he has not been practicing at a NFL level for training camp.

This is my main concern as well. Although I haven't been able to dig up real data, I recall there's high correlation between guys missing training camp and injuries during the season.

This is my main concern as well. Although I haven't been able to dig up real data, I recall there's high correlation between guys missing training camp and injuries during the season.

This is more wishful thinking than analysis, but my brother-in-law joked the other day that Michael Strahan held out for most of training camp last year, and the Giants won the Super Bowl.

:angry:

That should be Peter's fear, not ours. Doesn't cost me anything

Yep... you are correct.

I'll add that JP is the biggest loser in this holdout. he has to report at some point or lose out on his pension eligibility and even if he doesn't he's still the Bills property. The media may have annointed him King... just as they did Ruben Brown... but as Bills fans, our memory of Ruben is that we really saw little of that dominance expresed in the media. We remember the missed blocks, holding and motion penalties. And, when Ruben became a FA and on the open market, he found out just how many suitors he had...zero... and ended up back in Buffalo getting less than he wanted.

JP is good... but I've not seen then dominance expected of a top flight LT. I've seen Orlando Pace, Todd Steussie, Tarik Glenn and Walter Jones play, and he does not remind me of any of those guys... at least not yet.

This is more wishful thinking than analysis, but my brother-in-law joked the other day that Michael Strahan held out for most of training camp last year, and the Giants won the Super Bowl.

:angry:

Most? Didn't he come back during the season? Look...the bottom line is, if JP holds out the season, the Bills have to treat it as if he did get hurt in training camp and is on IR. I think this team learned a thing or 2 about injuries last season. I would love to see JP back, but if not you have to do the best with what you got. Unfortunately it's no where near the talent of JP, but how many backups are. That being said, please come back Jason...

I'm sure he is working out still. If he gets hurt it wont be because he wasnt in camp. If anything he body will be fresher. Remember walters and orlando pace held out for like 4 straight years. They were OK.

340 lbs + Groin Surgery = lots of ????????

People seem to forget Mike Williams had a very good stretch of football before the injuries started to pile up. In his 2nd year they voted him best OL (which I admit isn't saying much for the Bills), and it was a bad foot that turned into a bad ankle that turned into a bad back, shoulder, peck muscle. Things go downhill in a hurry for big guys when they have a weak link. Now Peters is a beast, but a big beast at that.

Until Sam Cowart was hurt in Tampa, he was vastly underpaid for his production as well. We all know how that turned out.

At the risk of cueing Lori to dispute it, I recall this being typical and it concerns me as well.. :angry:

340 lbs + Groin Surgery = lots of ????????

People seem to forget Mike Williams had a very good stretch of football before the injuries started to pile up. In his 2nd year they voted him best OL (which I admit isn't saying much for the Bills), and it was a bad foot that turned into a bad ankle that turned into a bad back, shoulder, peck muscle. Things go downhill in a hurry for big guys when they have a weak link. Now Peters is a beast, but a big beast at that.

Until Sam Cowart was hurt in Tampa, he was vastly underpaid for his production as well. We all know how that turned out.

Reminds me of this guy...