Noise levels at Stadiums

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been to Oakland, San Francisco, Seattle, San Diego and Buffalo.

Oakland is crazy. The fans aren't necessarily loud the entire game, obnoxious YES…but not super loud. The entire lower bowl does stand throughout the entire game.

Seattle is incredibly loud. The design of the stadium filters noise to the field.

Needless to say the Ralph is loud compared to the rest.

I'm going to AZ. and Denver to catch the Bills games this year so we'll see. I have a feeling Denver will be pretty loud.

Pats fans at Gillette Stadium make some noise, but it does them no good. The stadium allows sound to dissipate so freely, any yelling or screaming is (largely) futile.

Qwest Field is loud. VERY loud. I don't know if fans yell and scream like I've seen at The Ralph, but the stadium roof deflects so much upper deck noise down towards the field, it can be deafening at times in there.

As someone noted about being surprised Cleveland wasn't as loud as expected, I felt the same way about Pittsburgh. People made lots of noise, but it just didn't seem overwhelming. Again, stadium design might have something to do with that.

Pats fans at Gillette Stadium make some noise, but it does them no good. The stadium allows sound to dissipate so freely, any yelling or screaming is (largely) futile.

Qwest Field is loud. VERY loud. I don't know if fans yell and scream like I've seen at The Ralph, but the stadium roof deflects so much upper deck noise down towards the field, it can be deafening at times in there.

As someone noted about being surprised Cleveland wasn't as loud as expected, I felt the same way about Pittsburgh. People made lots of noise, but it just didn't seem overwhelming. Again, stadium design might have something to do with that.

The Dallas game last year was loud as HELL

Beaver Stadium is ridiculously loud.

Yup. NFL stadiums arent even on the same playing field with crowd noise when compared to the big time colleges. Get an FSU-UF or an FSU-miami game up here, and you cant even hear the stadium announcer, the noise levels re so deafening.

Qwest Field in Seattle is very loud. Mile High (Invesco now I think) is very loud.

The Ralph is right up there for NFL stadiums. Pittsburgh has good fans, but its not that loud unless its a Monday night game.

Eagles, Jets, Dolphins, Ravens, are all weak in noise comparison. Everyone says that Arrowhead is the loudest, but I've never been there. I'd believe it with the way that it's shaped.

Beaver Stadium is the loudest I've ever been to (including Michigan Stadium & Ohio Stadium). I'd rank the top 5 that I've been to below:

1) Beaver Stadium

2) Michigan Stadium

3) Qwest Field

4) Ohio Stadium

5) The Ralph

I will Scale them 1-10

Texas Stadium 4

Jack Murphy 6

SunDevil Stadium 6

Hoosier DOme 8

Meadowlands 7

Notre Dame 6

Rich Stadium 8

Raymond James in Tampa 6

Cotton Bowl 7

University Of Texas 6

Norman Oklahoma 7

Tiger Stadium LSU..9

Rose Bowl..6

Three Rivers 7

Old Browns Stadium 6

Thats it for football for me..

I've only been to two stadiums...

Browns and Bills

The Bills are by far louder than the Browns which kinda came to surprise

If only our stadium was a dome... I think my ears would bleed

I have been to 4 NFL stadiums. Soldier Field in Chicago, Dolphin Stadium in Miami, Arrowhead in Kansas City and the MetroDome in Minnesota. As loud as it was at Arrowhead, I still think the Metrodome was the loudest stadium that I have been too.

The Dallas game last year was loud as HELL

yeah, that was ridiculous!

Hard to compare, I have been to quite a few big time college games, the Swamp in FL was probably the loudest...But the Ralph during the Super Bowl years was intense!!! About 7K more people than today, and EVERY SINGLE PLAY for the opponent's offense was deafening...And if you consider Miami games, playoff games, or ANY 3rd down, I can't imagine anything being much louder than that...

Crossing spectrums, I remember feeling my whole body vibrate because of the noise at the old Aud...Especially in 1993, game 3 vs the Bruins (the game before the May Day game) my ears were on fire...And when Campbell DESTROYED Umberger in '06, that was by far the loudest I have ever heard the HSBC Arena.

The RCA dome was very loud, my ears were ringing afterwards. The new stadium looks a little larger, so they'll probably lose a little of the noise factor.

Cleveland can get pretty loud, but they only really chear loud at key points in the game.

Baltimore is loud, and they are loud from the start.

Tampa can get loud, but they, for the most part, are pretty laid back and really don't understand the game well.

Been to Chicago, but can't remember how loud that was. It was a while back.

As far as college, the only major staduum I have attended is Ohio State and that was during spring break so a lot of the students were gone. I thought overall it was pretty weak considering there were 90,000 fans there. But again it may have been the reduced size of the student body.

I was watching some commentary from Tim Brown prior to the MNF game @ The Ralph last year. He said that of all the places he's played, The Ralph was the only place that he had to put tape over the earholes on his helmet because of the noise. According to him, The Ralph is the loudest place he has ever played.

I've been to several pro stadiums (Buffalo, Washington and Philly) and most SEC stadiums (Florida, Tennessee, LSU, Auburn) The Swamp in Gainesville is hands down the loudest stadium I've ever been in. We're talking 92,000 people, 25,000 incensed and drunken college kids. Absolutely deafening. It's really not comparable to a pro stadium; they're just in completely different ball parks.

If anyone has a chance to make it down to Gainesville for A UF, SEC game, do yourself a favor and check it out.

yeah, that was ridiculous!

Hard to compare, I have been to quite a few big time college games, the Swamp in FL was probably the loudest...But the Ralph during the Super Bowl years was intense!!! About 7K more people than today, and EVERY SINGLE PLAY for the opponent's offense was deafening...And if you consider Miami games, playoff games, or ANY 3rd down, I can't imagine anything being much louder than that...

Crossing spectrums, I remember feeling my whole body vibrate because of the noise at the old Aud...Especially in 1993, game 3 vs the Bruins (the game before the May Day game) my ears were on fire...And when Campbell DESTROYED Umberger in '06, that was by far the loudest I have ever heard the HSBC Arena.

I've been to a few stadiums for games and The Swamp is very comparable to the Ralph, actually Rich Stadium in overall noise. The Ralph doesn't seem as loud as it used to be back in the 80's and 90's. Jacksonville, Miami and Tampa are pretty geriatric when it comes to noise. Atlanta can be a little loud but it's a dome and still no where close to what it should be given that fact. Old Cleveland stadium used to get pretty loud but still not comparable to the Ralph.

I was at that May Day game at the Aud and that was the loudest that place and probably louder than HSBC can ever get. I seriously thought the place was going to implode that night. Just incredible!!

What game(s) have you gone there? Our stadium is very Dr. Jackal and Mr. Hyde. Some games its way too quiet, and others its really, really loud.

I have never been to texas but everytime I watch a game on tv when it is at texas even if it is a big game it does not seem loud there or intimidating. I know watching it from tv you do not get the full picture & atmosphere so this maybe way off base. It seems like the stands are pushed way back from the sidelines. It just seems louder at other big 12 stadiums like A&M, Oklahoma, Nebraska & Colorado. The SEC is in a whole different ball parkl. Those stadiums our flat out off the hook. I have been to Knoxville & I have been to Death Valley to see LSU play Oregon State a few years ago in their opener. They place is by far the loudest I have ever been to & it is not even close. The Ralph is the loudest NFL stadium I have been to(Benn to Tampa, Miami, Meadowlands - pretty loud, Dallas, Jacksonville, Arizona)

I have never been to texas but everytime I watch a game on tv when it is at texas even if it is a big game it does not seem loud there or intimidating. I know watching it from tv you do not get the full picture & atmosphere so this maybe way off base. It seems like the stands are pushed way back from the sidelines. It just seems louder at other big 12 stadiums like A&M, Oklahoma, Nebraska & Colorado. The SEC is in a whole different ball parkl. Those stadiums our flat out off the hook. I have been to Knoxville & I have been to Death Valley to see LSU play Oregon State a few years ago in their opener. They place is by far the loudest I have ever been to & it is not even close. The Ralph is the loudest NFL stadium I have been to(Benn to Tampa, Miami, Meadowlands - pretty loud, Dallas, Jacksonville, Arizona)

Like I said, it really, really depends on the game. Last year it wasn't all that loud, but the year before against Ohio State, Oklahoma State, the noise was incredible.

They've expanded the stadium this past offseason, moved the stands closer to the field, and added a 2nd deck to the horseshoe part, so I assume it'll likely be louder, though I doubt it will be all that loud except for some games.

What game(s) have you gone there? Our stadium is very Dr. Jackal and Mr. Hyde. Some games its way too quiet, and others its really, really loud.

I have been to 6 UT games....I grew up in Dallas and my dad was an alum from there so I got to goto a few back in trhe 70s and early 80s..I was at the Cotton Bowl game between Texas and Notre Dame or Earl versus Joe...I saw them play Baylor Smu Texas Tech