Colt Brennan

thebug

LINK

Different delivery but gets the ball there.....

Can't see him ever making it as a starter in the NFL (he won't survive against the faster, better defenses), but in those highlights he looked just like he did in college! He's was fun to watch, I'm going to miss him this year.

I wish him luck!

ya i watched the game last night and let me tell you it was good to watch some football again i cant wait for opening day! But it was really fun to watch the gunslinger Colt Brennan out of HAWAII throw 2 touchdowns and he did a very good job i would like to seem him compete with Collins for the #2 spot

Jason Campbell looked very good, too, but he isn't, IMHO. I don't think Indy wanted to play defense last night.

In all fairness, both of Brennan's touchdown passes, and a few non-TD passes, seemed to be very well-thrown balls. On the other hand, even Quinn Gray looked pretty good last night, so who knows. In the end, it was just great to watch live NFL action again. I couldn't care if the halftime show was both teams lining up and riverdancing. The return of live football, preseason or otherwise, is always a welcome event.

Jason Campbell looked very good, too, but he isn't, IMHO. I don't think Indy wanted to play defense last night.

Totally disagree. I think Campbell is gonna have a breakout year and a really good career. He's got good size, mobility, seems to have a good head on his shoulders, and has a cannon. They said last night that since high school, he has played in 7 different offensive systems. That would affect any QB. Sleeper fantasy QB pick, mark my words.

In all fairness, both of Brennan's touchdown passes, and a few non-TD passes, seemed to be very well-thrown balls. On the other hand, even Quinn Gray looked pretty good last night, so who knows. In the end, it was just great to watch live NFL action again. I couldn't care if the halftime show was both teams lining up and riverdancing. The return of live football, preseason or otherwise, is always a welcome event.

Well said. It would've been nice to see some of the Manning, Portis, Moss, Wayne, Harrisons, etc of the world playing some ball last night, but it's still the NFL. I can wait till September comes around for the craving to be fully satisfied.

Quinn Gray had a td to int ratio of 10 to 3 last year. When's the last time a Bills' QB had that? I would have loved to bring him in as a backup.

Quinn Gray had a td to int ratio of 10 to 3 last year. When's the last time a Bills' QB had that? I would have loved to bring him in as a backup.

Agreed, I have a hard time understanding why the Bills wouldn't bring him in to be the backup qb, instead he takes a 3rd string job with Indy.

Agreed, I have a hard time understanding why the Bills wouldn't bring him in to be the backup qb, instead he takes a 3rd string job with Indy.

All 32 teams pay great money for a bench warmer. The NFL minimum is $285,000 - think about that when you buy a six-buck beer. He got signing bonus money. Why would it matter to him? Why would the Bills replace Hamdan's comfortable life?

What a fine part-time job! :rolleyes:

All 32 teams pay great money for a bench warmer. The NFL minimum is $285,000 - think about that when you buy a six-buck beer. He got signing bonus money. Why would it matter to him? Why would the Bills replace Hamdan's comfortable life?

What a fine part-time job! :rolleyes:

I was thinking more along the lines of cutting JP early and having Gray take that role. He'd earn more money and have a better chance at playing time.

Gray had 10 touchdowns and 5 interceptions...= 2:1 ratio. Still very good.

I thought Campbell looked great, as did Brennan...I was suprised they both looked so sharp.

Brennan played very well, but he definitely got pretty lucky on a couple passes - in fact one of his big plays of the night probably would have been picked by a more legitimate defender - but ultimately it wasn't. I'm rooting for the guy and think he can be alright as a starter given a couple years of hard work and good luck.

I was thinking more along the lines of cutting JP early and having Gray take that role. He'd earn more money and have a better chance at playing time.

I was thinking that the Bills should have brought in Gray too as the backup, but I figured that he would want a spot where he would have a chance to win the starting job in camp. Then he went to Indy and now it confuses me even more. He must really want to collect a check for holding a clipboard.

If theres 2 places in the league that have to be the bottom rung of NFL QB Backup jobs, its Indy and NE.