Whose side are you more on?

Peters or the Organization?  

124 members have voted

1. 1. Whose side are you more on, Peters' or the Organization's?

• Peters
    • Organization's

you wouldnt want to "fire" him and let him go to another team. The only things the Bills should do is very simple: nothing.

This is precisely my argument when we have this debate. I think she just relates professional athletes to the common working man much more than possible.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is hard because we only know the Bill's side.

I am on Peters' side.

I may not approve of him holding out, but in the NFL teams do not need to honor contracts. If a team doesn't have to honor the contract, why should the player.

By NFL standards Peters is underpaid, he should get a raise.

If the Bills offered to make him the highest paid o-lineman on the team (the Bills have not indicated that they offered anything) I may change my mind.

The "We won't talk until you show up" approach may be taking to hard of a stance. Open up communication, make an offer, something. The Bills need to show goodfaith in these negotiations just as much as Peters.

This is hard because we only know the Bill's side.

I am on Peters' side.

I may not approve of him holding out, but in the NFL teams do not need to honor contracts. If a team doesn't have to honor the contract, why should the player.

By NFL standards Peters is underpaid, he should get a raise.

If the Bills offered to make him the highest paid o-lineman on the team (the Bills have not indicated that they offered anything) I may change my mind.

The "We won't talk until you show up" approach may be taking to hard of a stance. Open up communication, make an offer, something. The Bills need to show goodfaith in these negotiations just as much as Peters.

what good faith has Peters shown? he skipped all of the team activities and now won't report to camp, he has shown the Bills zero good faith, he needs to show up and I amongst others am sure that at that point the Bills will be willing to renegotiate his deal.

Just curious.

Even if I did think Peters deserved a new contract, I wouldn't give him one until he proved to me that his groin has healed and he is the same guy as he was before he was injured. Maybe that is exactly why he won't report...he hasn't recovered. Why throw good money after a question mark who won't even honour his contract?

Honestly, these results are shocking. Then again, maybe they are not. Perhaps some people who voted just don't know how long the Bills sucked at the LT position. Here is a very abreviated history:

Will Wolford was very good, but we lost him to free agency. He even lasted for years as a very good left guard. Wolford by the way was the # 20 pick of round 1 of 1986.

To replace Wolford (or so one would think), the Bills drafted John Fina in 1992 (27th pick of round 1). Fina, surrounded by offensive talent, was OK for a brief while, but he was light in the ass on his best day. Yes overall, his play was poor. How was he treated? At one point, he was designated the "Franchise Player," even though he was so-so at best, and Bruce Smith wanted a new contract. When he was cut after 2001 (in a smart move by TD), it cost the Bills approx. 5 million in cap space, which was harder to come by in those days.

Now, who replaced Fina, at this stage perhaps the worst LT in the league (I kid you not)? Gems such as Marcus Price and Mike Gandy. These guys flat out sucked. There were also guys like Kris Farris and Greg Jerman who were even worse. Marcus Spriggs anyone? As a matter of fact, Jerman was the worst NFL player I have ever seen. Put it this way....compared to Jerman, Chambers is a pro bowl player, if not a hall of fame candidate.

TD tried, but he drafted a fat RT with the #4, and I don't give a flying schitt that his college qb was left handed. Williams outweighed DEs in college by more than 100 pounds and would maul them. He never could move, not ever.

It also needs to be said that during these ugly years, many of these guys had a pro bowl LG (Brown) lining up beside them, and they still flat out sucked.

During this time span, the Bills were drafting what? You guessed it, primarily defensive backs.

Today, we have a pro bowl LT, and you people are voting against giving him a raise. This, while the team continues to focus primarily on defensive backs.

It is hard to draw a conclusion, but what comes to mind is that many Bills Fans, because of years of neglect, don't understand what the OL and DL mean to a team, let alone a LT.

The Bills have their first very good LT in more than 15 years. It is time to pay him and move on. Period.

what good faith has Peters shown? he skipped all of the team activities and now won't report to camp, he has shown the Bills zero good faith, he needs to show up and I amongst others am sure that at that point the Bills will be willing to renegotiate his deal.

Why does Peters have to show good faith before the Bills? Someone has to give at some point, or both sides loose.

Why does Peters have to show good faith before the Bills? Someone has to give at some point, or both sides loose.

the Bills showed good faith by picking up this player who no one else wanted.

the Bills showed good faith by finding a spot for him, first at special teams, then at Oline.

the Bills showed good faith by re-doing his deal and signing him to a multi-million dollar extension.

he cant even show up for practice and talk to someone?

Honestly, these results are shocking. Then again, maybe they are not. Perhaps some people who voted just don't know how long the Bills sucked at the LT position. Here is a very abreviated history:

Will Wolford was very good, but we lost him to free agency. He even lasted for years as a very good left guard. Wolford by the way was the # 20 pick of round 1 of 1986.

To replace Wolford (or so one would think), the Bills drafted John Fina in 1992 (27th pick of round 1). Fina, surrounded by offensive talent, was OK for a brief while, but he was light in the ass on his best day. Yes overall, his play was poor. How was he treated? At one point, he was designated the "Franchise Player," even though he was so-so at best, and Bruce Smith wanted a new contract. When he was cut after 2001 (in a smart move by TD), it cost the Bills approx. 5 million in cap space, which was harder to come by in those days.

Now, who replaced Fina, at this stage perhaps the worst LT in the league (I kid you not)? Gems such as Marcus Price and Mike Gandy. These guys flat out sucked. There were also guys like Kris Farris and Greg Jerman who were even worse. Marcus Spriggs anyone? As a matter of fact, Jerman was the worst NFL player I have ever seen. Put it this way....compared to Jerman, Chambers is a pro bowl player, if not a hall of fame candidate.

TD tried, but he drafted a fat RT with the #4, and I don't give a flying schitt that his college qb was left handed. Williams outweighed DEs in college by more than 100 pounds and would maul them. He never could move, not ever.

It also needs to be said that during these ugly years, many of these guys had a pro bowl LG (Brown) lining up beside them, and they still flat out sucked.

During this time span, the Bills were drafting what? You guessed it, primarily defensive backs.

Today, we have a pro bowl LT, and you people are voting against giving him a raise. This, while the team continues to focus primarily on defensive backs.

It is hard to draw a conclusion, but what comes to mind is that many Bills Fans, because of years of neglect, don't understand what the OL and DL mean to a team, let alone a LT.

The Bills have their first very good LT in more than 15 years. It is time to pay him and move on. Period.

History doesnt mean squat. This is the "right now" league. We couldve had great LTs and the best line ever, for the past 20 years. None of them would win us any games this year since they arent on the team this year.

Peters IS on the team. He has 3 YEARS left on the team according to his contract which the Bills extended.

Show up and work.

Even if I did think Peters deserved a new contract, I wouldn't give him one until he proved to me that his groin has healed and he is the same guy as he was before he was injured. Maybe that is exactly why he won't report...he hasn't recovered. Why throw good money after a question mark who won't even honour his contract?

The off-season surgery combined with the holdout does seem suspicious. It is a topic that should be thoroughly addressed in negotiations. My problem is that the Bills claim that there have been no negotiations.

Peters' agent has made some errors this season, I'm not saying Peters' holdout isn't one of those errors. I am saying Peters deserves a new contract. If you are going to give him a new contract anyway, stop jerking him around and start talking.

The off-season surgery combined with the holdout does seem suspicious. It is a topic that should be thoroughly addressed in negotiations. My problem is that the Bills claim that there have been no negotiations.

Peters' agent has made some errors this season, I'm not saying Peters' holdout isn't one of those errors. I am saying Peters deserves a new contract. If you are going to give him a new contract anyway, stop jerking him around and start talking.

whether he "deserves" a new contract or not isnt the argument here.

the point is, you dont REWARD this kind of behavior. if he wants a new contract then he(his agent) needs to ask for one. not go pout in his room.

we've already shown him before that we will reward him for his playing level. i dont know why he feels he needs to handle it differently this time.

has he always been with this agent?

Honestly, these results are shocking. Then again, maybe they are not. Perhaps some people who voted just don't know how long the Bills sucked at the LT position. Here is a very abbreviated history:

Bill, I understand your angst over peters but you are losing sight of the big picture. If the Bills crawl to Peters and throw money at him after he basically thumbed his nose at the Bills and his teammates it would open the floodgates of other players looking to hold out for more money. Not to mention looking very bad for caving in to a player who shows so much disrespect.

The vast majority of Bills fans know this and back the front office. You, Krazykat, and a few others want to the Bills to drop their pants and bend over for Peters and his agent. Do you pay attention to the rest of the league? Do you not see and read about all the other Eugene Parker holdouts? He's basically trying this crap with several teams. None are budging an inch. Hester got a deal after he reported to camp, against the wishes of Parker.

All Peters has to do is show up to camp and ask for a new deal. That's all. Why aren't you upset at the crap that Peters and Parker are pulling?

P.S....Cody makes a good point in post. It is suspicious that Peters won't make contact with the Bills after he had surgery. Could it be they are trying to scam the Bills into giving more money to an injured player?

PTR

the Bills showed good faith by picking up this player who no one else wanted.

the Bills showed good faith by finding a spot for him, first at special teams, then at Oline.

the Bills showed good faith by re-doing his deal and signing him to a multi-million dollar extension.

he cant even show up for practice and talk to someone?

Peters showed good faith by coming to camp and playing any position they asked

Peters showed good faith by risking his health as a wedge breaker on special teams and working to learn a new position

NFL teams can opt out of any contract with any player at any time, the players do not have the same option.

The Bills cant even pick up the phone and talk to someone?

Peters showed good faith by coming to camp and playing any position they asked

Peters showed good faith by risking his health as a wedge breaker on special teams and working to learn a new position

NFL teams can opt out of any contract with any player at any time, the players do not have the same option.

The Bills cant even pick up the phone and talk to someone?

that wasnt good faith. that was something called "working for a living".

has he always been with this agent?

No, his last agent screwed him by signing a multi year deal when many analysts thought Peters was on the verge of becoming the player he was last year.

His current agent is the same guy who let Devon Hester show up for all the voluntary OTAs but had him skip the involuntary OTAs - to mention one of his other mistakes this year

that wasnt good faith. that was something called "working for a living".

Playing in the NFL is far from "working for a living"

We treat these guys as gods, then we get angry when they don't act like everyday people. Jason Peters doesn't know anything about working for a living. He doesn't have to, we will pay to watch him play.

No, his last agent screwed him by signing a multi year deal when many analysts thought Peters was on the verge of becoming the player he was last year.

His current agent is the same guy who let Devon Hester show up for all the voluntary OTAs but had him skip the involuntary OTAs - to mention one of his other mistakes this year

his agent didnt sign it, Peters did. his agent negotiated it.

symantics aside, he needs to show up to work. this "tactic" is bush league and insulting.

this "tactic" is bush league and insulting.

I'm not saying Peters holdout is a good idea, I am just saying I am more on Peters side.

I think the refusal to talk, at all, about anything before he reports to camp is also bush league.

The thing that bothers me most about the whole situation is the sides haven't even had contact with one another. I think Peter's or his agent should at least let the Bills know what he wants. There needs to be communication. I understand that they will work on a contract when he shows up to camp, but at least there needs to be some dialogue

The thing that bothers me most about the whole situation is the sides haven't even had contact with one another. I think Peter's or his agent should at least let the Bills know what he wants. There needs to be communication. I understand that they will work on a contract when he shows up to camp, but at least there needs to be some dialogue

If you believe the Bills' "official" statements, then If someone from the Peters camp called the Bills, prior to Peters reporting, the Bills wouldn't take the call - But 3/4 of the people blame Peters.

In reality, I'm sure both sides are talking. The probowl left tackle is taking a Bruce Smith type of vacation so he doesn't have to work to hard and can take extra time to heal after his minor surgery. The Bills are okay with it and have an idea when Peters will report. Afew days later there will be a new contract and everone will be happy and move on.

For right now, I'm board and so are alot of football fans.