Takeo Spikes update...

Buftex

Takeo was a great player. Unless your a QB, I really don't know if any player has returned from an Achilles tendon rupture and been the player he was prior to the injury. We saw this in Bflo with Sam Cowart and Takeo Spikes. :blink:

Takeo was a great player. Unless your a QB, I really don't know if any player has returned from an Achilles tendon rupture and been the player he was prior to the injury. We saw this in Bflo with Sam Cowart and Takeo Spikes. :blink:

Yep...in the NFL it doesnt take much to finish you off. Both guys cut down in their primes....but they made good $$..

Takeo was a great player. Unless your a QB, I really don't know if any player has returned from an Achilles tendon rupture and been the player he was prior to the injury. We saw this in Bflo with Sam Cowart and Takeo Spikes. :thumbsup:

Lavar Arrington was another casualty of this injury. Marino came back from it and played well along with Vinny Testaverde. Those guys don't have as much strain on those areas as LB's though. Either way, it can't be good for you.

Takeo was a great player. Unless your a QB, I really don't know if any player has returned from an Achilles tendon rupture and been the player he was prior to the injury. We saw this in Bflo with Sam Cowart and Takeo Spikes. :thumbsup:

Cowart was never the same player as he was in Buffalo, but he managed to have a few decent seasons with the Jets, if I recall correctly. It just took him a good 2 or 3 years to get back to an effective level.

Julian Peterson has come close.

guy can't stay away from losing teams....

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article...RTS01/307240011

I haven't been all that impressed by the guy. Great in Cincinnatti and injury prone ever since. I wasn't impressed with his second guessing personnel decisions publicly while a Bill. Hope he is physically able to play and does well with Detroit though, as I wouldn't begrudge anyone the right to make a living.

Julian Peterson has come close.

Peterson has come all the way back The last 2 years he has 19.5 sacks and 3 picks and 5 forced fumbles. 10 sacks in 06 which was a career high and 9.5 last year. I think it may have something to do with the body type as well. Julian Peterson was never an overly muscular or top heavy guy the way Spikes/Arrington were.

The Spikes situation is a great example of how supposed NFL "experts" get caught up in name worship.

When the Bills traded him to Philly many talking heads labeled it as a sign of Buffalo's impending doom and the Eagles' rise to Super Bowl favorites. Now, it is evident that the Bills were right to jettison a once-great player who will never recpature lost glory.