Apollo 14 Astronaut Claims Alien Coverup

/dev/null

He has claimed ever since his mission that he saw a UFO while in space.Probably was a paint chip or a cosmic ray going through his eyeballs. Astronauts report seeing flashes when they close their eyes.

He's a whack job!

From his Wikipedia article...

Mitchell's interests include consciousness and paranormal phenomena. During the Apollo 14 flight he conducted private ESP experiments with his friends on Earth. In early 1973, he founded the nonprofit Institute of Noetic Sciences (IONS) to conduct and sponsor research into areas that mainstream science has ignored, including consciousness research and psychic events.

Mitchell says that a teenage remote healer who lives in Vancouver and uses the pseudonym Adam Dreamhealer, helped heal him of kidney cancer at a distance. Mitchell said that while he never had a biopsy (the definitive test for cancer), "I had a sonogram and MRI that was consistent with renal carcinoma." Adam worked (distantly) on Mitchell from December of 2003 until June of 2004, when the "irregularity was gone and we haven't seen it since."

Mitchell has publicly expressed his opinions that he is "90 per cent sure that many of the thousands of unidentified flying objects, or UFOs, recorded since the 1940s, belong to visitors from other planets" and that UFOs have been the "subject of disinformation in order to deflect attention and to create confusion so the truth doesn't come out." In 2004 he told the St. Petersburg Times that a "cabal of insiders" inside the US Government were studying recovered alien bodies, and that this group had stopped briefing US Presidents after John F. Kennedy. He has said, that "We all know that UFOs are real, now the question is, where they come from."

:rolleyes:

Okay, so aliens have visited Earth and you saw the proof. How about some details, hmm? What start were they from? Why did the come? How long did they stay? Did they only contact US officials or other countries? Edgar, if you want to be taken seriously you gotta supply some details.

PTR

What start were they from?

Uranus

Why did the come?

If you build it, they will come

How long did they stay?

They were gone the next morning. They never called back and I think they gave us a bogus number

Did they only contact US officials or other countries?

They stopped by Brazil for Carnival and Germany for Oktoberfest

Okay, so aliens have visited Earth and you saw the proof. How about some details, hmm? What start were they from? Why did the come? How long did they stay? Did they only contact US officials or other countries? Edgar, if you want to be taken seriously you gotta supply some details.

PTR

....and finally, if they have super technology and have traveled millions of miles through the blackness of space, why do they need headlights on the ship when they are cruising over the cornfields in Iowa?

Every year my wife and I have a themed Halloween party. This year's theme is going to be Alien Invasion. I think I may just extend an invitation to the good ole doctor. BTW we're interested to see if anyone comes wearing a poncho and sombrero. Knowing my friends probably a few.

He's a whack job!

From his Wikipedia article...

Mitchell's interests include consciousness and paranormal phenomena. During the Apollo 14 flight he conducted private ESP experiments with his friends on Earth. In early 1973, he founded the nonprofit Institute of Noetic Sciences (IONS) to conduct and sponsor research into areas that mainstream science has ignored, including consciousness research and psychic events.

Mitchell says that a teenage remote healer who lives in Vancouver and uses the pseudonym Adam Dreamhealer, helped heal him of kidney cancer at a distance. Mitchell said that while he never had a biopsy (the definitive test for cancer), "I had a sonogram and MRI that was consistent with renal carcinoma." Adam worked (distantly) on Mitchell from December of 2003 until June of 2004, when the "irregularity was gone and we haven't seen it since."

Mitchell has publicly expressed his opinions that he is "90 per cent sure that many of the thousands of unidentified flying objects, or UFOs, recorded since the 1940s, belong to visitors from other planets" and that UFOs have been the "subject of disinformation in order to deflect attention and to create confusion so the truth doesn't come out." In 2004 he told the St. Petersburg Times that a "cabal of insiders" inside the US Government were studying recovered alien bodies, and that this group had stopped briefing US Presidents after John F. Kennedy. He has said, that "We all know that UFOs are real, now the question is, where they come from."

:blush:

Okay then. :rolleyes:

...and why do the flying saucers go to places like West Virginia and the deserts in New Mexico?

If the aliens really wanted us to know they were here, they'd land in the middle of Times Square. During rush hour. :blink:

Mitchell seems credible enough. I didn't do a Google on him to see if he has turned into some sort of kook. It's possible though. Although astronauts are supposed to be fairly intelligent and stable which makes this even more believable.

I read something earlier that stated Dr. Mitchell made these same comments during a July 4th Larry King Live interview on CNN. It's kind of ironic that he would say the same thing on some obscure radio show three weeks later, and now the mainstream media decides to run with it. Weird...

About a year ago the Walter G. Haut Affidavit* gained a little steam in the mainstream media, but not as much as it should have. In my opinion, this is a much bigger story than Dr. Mitchell's recent comments because Dr. Mitchell has been outspoken on this topic for years. While he was alive Walter Haut was anything but outspoken on this subject to either the public, or those closest to him.

Here is Walter G. Haut's wiki page.

*DISCLAIMER - I have no idea what the website I linked to containing the affidavit is all about. It was a product of a google search, and to the best of my knowledge the affidavit posted is word-for-word.

He has claimed ever since his mission that he saw a UFO while in space.Probably was a paint chip or a cosmic ray going through his eyeballs. Astronauts report seeing flashes when they close their eyes.

Where did you read this garbage? I'm not backing Mitchell's claims (except for his 'Roswell happened' statement), but bro, this post is ridiculous.

I thought the same thing.

I actually watched that Larry King episode and couldn't believe what I was hearing. He seemed like a credible gentleman during the interview, but a couple of the critics on the panel (Bill Nye) were talking over him so much, it was hard to gather what he was saying.

It looked like the old bugger wanted to tear Bill Nye's (the science guy) head off.

Too be honest... I wish he had.

There were a couple other old timers on the panel that swore that aliens exist. It was pretty shocking to hear it.

I read something earlier that stated Dr. Mitchell made these same comments during a July 4th Larry King Live interview on CNN. It's kind of ironic that he would say the same thing on some obscure radio show three weeks later, and now the mainstream media decides to run with it. Weird...

Where did you read this garbage? I'm not backing Mitchell's claims (except for his 'Roswell happened' statement), but bro, this post is ridiculous.

I saw it on one of those UFO shows on the History Channel that claimed UFOs were following our spacecraft. In space it is hard to judge size because there is nothing close by to compare it to. Some of the pictures they show of something changing direction quickly could be small pieces of debris blown by thrusters. On one of the recent shuttle missions (in the last year or so) they saw something floating that they originally thought was several feet long. They thought the shuttle was damaged. They got closer and found out it was close and only a few inches long. I think it was one of those spacer cards between the tiles. They lose those all the time.

The astronauts do see flashes. With no atmosphere to absorb the cosmic rays, the astronauts are exposed to more and when one hits their retina, they see a flash. A lot of the static on TVs (to go away when we switch to digital in February) is cosmic rays.

I saw it on one of those UFO shows on the History Channel that claimed UFOs were following our spacecraft. In space it is hard to judge size because there is nothing close by to compare it to. Some of the pictures they show of something changing direction quickly could be small pieces of debris blown by thrusters. On one of the recent shuttle missions (in the last year or so) they saw something floating that they originally thought was several feet long. They thought the shuttle was damaged. They got closer and found out it was close and only a few inches long. I think it was one of those spacer cards between the tiles. They lose those all the time.

The astronauts do see flashes. With no atmosphere to absorb the cosmic rays, the astronauts are exposed to more and when one hits their retina, they see a flash. A lot of the static on TVs (to go away when we switch to digital in February) is cosmic rays.

I've seen those shows too, and the incidents they describe remind me a lot of the WWII aircrew accounts of the 'Foo Fighters'. I just can't fathom a similar experience coming from something as small as a paint chip or an instantaneous flash in one's vision. It doesn't make sense to explain it away so simply. Again, I'm saying that some unknown craft followed our Apollo missions to the moon and back, I'm just saying that it wasn't a paint chip or a cosmic ray that these guys reported seeing.

I thought the same thing.

I actually watched that Larry King episode and couldn't believe what I was hearing. He seemed like a credible gentleman during the interview, but a couple of the critics on the panel (Bill Nye) were talking over him so much, it was hard to gather what he was saying.

It looked like the old bugger wanted to tear Bill Nye's (the science guy) head off.

Too be honest... I wish he had.

There were a couple other old timers on the panel that swore that aliens exist. It was pretty shocking to hear it.

From what I understand, King did a show last year where he had a bunch of folks on some panel type arrangement and all they did was argue with each other as well. The problem is that he does these shows on the weekend of the big celebration down in Roswell, and he has too many competing egos on the set at one time. I haven't actually seen these shows, but this is what I have understood from listening to others who have watched them. The part about all of this that really sucks is that you have folks making a good living as 'Ufologists' and you have the same number of people making a good living as 'Skeptics'. In the end who do you believe?

The answer is probably none of them, but there are a few guys out there that I will listen to on both sides of the argument. The rest are nothing more than opportunists.