Argos players on Bills playing in Toronto

bills44

It's not like Buffalo wants to play in Toronto. And I'm pretty sure most Bills fans do not want their team to play in Toronto either. It's a money thing along with trying to increase a fan base. Looks like the Argo defensive end needs a talk with Mr. Rogers!

http://tsn.ca/cfl/story/?id=244118&lid...=headlines_main

''I definitely hate the idea of Buffalo coming up here. I really dislike it," said defensive end Jonathan Brown. "I mean, they're stepping on our turf. This is our turf - this is the CFL. They definitely have no business coming up here.''

:worthy:

"our turf"? Who is this guy? Pinky Tuscadero! :unsure: It seems the media is doing its best to create a scenario in which the Bills are moving to Toronto after the stadium lease is up. I for one cannot root for the Toronto Bills :thumbsup: Could any of you?

''I definitely hate the idea of Buffalo coming up here. I really dislike it," said defensive end Jonathan Brown. "I mean, they're stepping on our turf. This is our turf - this is the CFL. They definitely have no business coming up here.''

:thumbsup:

Classic. Intruding on the sanctity that is the Canadian Football League. Like Jonathan Brown wouldn't JUMP at the chance to be a member of the Detroit Lions practice squad. I guarantee Doug Flutie wasn't in his dorm room at BC dreaming about CFL success and Grey Cup titles.

Actually, now that I think about it, the Bills should create a trophy claimed by the team that wins the Toronto game each year, and call it the Gray Cup.

Whoever this dude is, he's just upset that the fargos aren't going to be the top dog in the spotlight the week the bills play there. I still would like to know...who are all these people that are so excited about the bills playing in toronto. We all obviously hate it, fargos fans all seem to hate it, apparantly some of the other owners aren't that into the idea.

Haha, I get where he's coming from, and I understand, not so much him because he's a cast off player who couldn't hack it in the NFL most likely, but the CFL owners have a legit gripe.

What's this legit gripe??

Japanese baseball doesn't seem too pissed when MLB plays regular season games in the Tokyo Dome. Would the Italian basketball league gripe if the Spurs played the Cavs in a regular season game in Rome?

Ted Rogers owns the Skydome (Rogers Centre) and has every right to bring in whatever type of entertainment he wishes, regardless of what the owners think.

I realize that in the US, the sporting leagues typically attract the best talent in the world. But take soccer, for example. Toronto FC plays in the MLS. Do you think their owners, and the owners of the other MLS franchises, would gripe if Manchester United and Arsenal wanted to play a game in Toronto???

What's this legit gripe??

Japanese baseball doesn't seem too pissed when MLB plays regular season games in the Tokyo Dome. Would the Italian basketball league gripe if the Spurs played the Cavs in a regular season game in Rome?

Ted Rogers owns the Skydome (Rogers Centre) and has every right to bring in whatever type of entertainment he wishes, regardless of what the owners think.

I realize that in the US, the sporting leagues typically attract the best talent in the world. But take soccer, for example. Toronto FC plays in the MLS. Do you think their owners, and the owners of the other MLS franchises, would gripe if Manchester United and Arsenal wanted to play a game in Toronto???

It's not as much for these few games that are being played now, but if they ever try and bring and NFL franchise up to Toronto, then I could definitely see the CFL owners having a fit. Bringing in a competing league into the heart of their territory, especially that competing league being the NFL.

It's not as much for these few games that are being played now, but if they ever try and bring and NFL franchise up to Toronto, then I could definitely see the CFL owners having a fit. Bringing in a competing league into the heart of their territory, especially that competing league being the NFL.

The point would gain more merit if CFL was on a competitive standing with the NFL. It's not. The players and fans are upset because the NFL games remind the CFL of its inferiority.

:thumbsup:

He's just upset that he's playing in the CFL (Cheesy Football League) and couldn't make an NFL roster playing on the practice squad.