Donte Whitner Makes the Pro Bowl...

stewy23

I can't think of a player on the Bills that I'm looking forward to seeing more than Whitner this year. This guy is really making himself the face of the franchise. I think that he knows that this team is ready to make some noise in the playoffs and he is not shy about speaking his mind. Every tme I see Bills-ralated news it has a good quote from him in it. He has been talking the talk and walking the walk. I know some fans skewered him for his playoff guarantee, but I commend him for it. I think we are all going to be shocked at how well Whitner plays this year and how he leads this defense. I'm taking a page out of Donte's book and I'm guaranteeing that Whitner makes the Pro Bowl this season.

Can't wait for the season to start...

Go Bills!

I can't think of a player on the Bills that I'm looking forward to seeing more than Whitner this year. This guy is really making himself the face of the franchise. I think that he knows that this team is ready to make some noise in the playoffs and he is not shy about speaking his mind. Every tme I see Bills-ralated news it has a good quote from him in it. He has been talking the talk and walking the walk. I know some fans skewered him for his playoff guarantee, but I commend him for it. I think we are all going to be shocked at how well Whitner plays this year and how he leads this defense. I'm taking a page out of Donte's book and I'm guaranteeing that Whitner makes the Pro Bowl this season.

Go Bills!

I'm all for it as well but how has he walked the walk?

Go Bills!

Where do you see Whitner excelling? Tackles? Sacks? Interceptions? Which of the aforementioned (or any other area of performance, for the matter) will warrant him a trip to Hawaii?

Donte has a ways to go, even on his own team.

He ranked third on the Bills last seasons in tackles (Crowell 126, DiGiorgio 113, Whitner 89). Donte was 62nd among NFL defensive players in tackles, 63rd in assists (Kawicka Mitchell was 53rd) .

His 4 tackles for loss wasn't top 4 (Kelsay 6.5, McCargo 6.5, DiGiorgio 6, Williams 4.5, Schobel 4).

Sacks? Zero.

INTs? He had 1. (McGee 4, Jim Leonhard 2, Greer, 2, Wilson 2). So did Kelsay, Tripplett, DiGiorgio, Youboty, Ellison, andKiwaukee Thomas.

Maybe teams are running and throwing away from him.

Donte has a ways to go, even on his own team.

He ranked third on the Bills last seasons in tackles (Crowell 126, DiGiorgio 113, Whitner 89). Donte was 62nd among NFL defensive players in tackles, 63rd in assists (Kawicka Mitchell was 53rd) .

His 4 tackles for loss wasn't top 4 (Kelsay 6.5, McCargo 6.5, DiGiorgio 6, Williams 4.5, Schobel 4).

Sacks? Zero.

INTs? He had 1. (McGee 4, Jim Leonhard 2, Greer, 2, Wilson 2). So did Kelsay, Tripplett, DiGiorgio, Youboty, Ellison, andKiwaukee Thomas.

Maybe teams are running and throwing away from him.

Does that render him a Pro-Bowler?

Go Bills!

I agree 100%. He keeps getting better and I love his confidence and attitude. He's a team guy and dedicated to his craft. I think he'll get the pro bowl nod too, but Bob Sanders stands in his way.

I don't think that he's quite popular enough yet to make the Pro-Bowl by the fan vote, but he could make it as a coaches selection. He'll have to step up this year though. I've seen the guy take some bad angles at times on plays and end up getting burned by the RB coming at him.

He'll have to step up this year though. I've seen the guy take some bad angles at times on plays and end up getting burned by the RB coming at him.

... shhhh... the folks here think he has already arrived as an elite player.

Where do you see Whitner excelling? Tackles? Sacks? Interceptions? Which of the aforementioned (or any other area of performance, for the matter) will warrant him a trip to Hawaii?

he will keep having team meetings at his house, and will keep calling the local and national press in so he can tell everyone how he has team meetings at his house and what a great team leader he is and what a great off the field game he has. his season will peak at about week 10 before the voting when he gets Inside the NFL to feature him and he tells chris collinsworth about how he's been mentoring leodis. this act is getting old. i can't believe how many people have been taken in.

After 3 years as the #8 selection, the Pro Bowl should be a given.

If he was in the NFC, he probably would have made it last year (ken hamlin? please).

It's unfortunate Sanders, Reed, Polamalu, Harrison, Rhodes are amoung the afc safeties. While I think his skills and leadership will make him an elite safety, making a probowl doesnt mean jack. I just wanna see wins. If we make the playoffs, whitner is a pro bowler to me, even if he isnt named.