The new stadium @ INDY

I was just browsing Profootballtalk.com & came across a picture posted there of an interior shot of the new dome in INDY. There are two HUGE columns with seats directly behind them. They asked.......Who designed this......a drunken 5th grader? If you want a good laugh check it out. I would imagine they would have to mark obstructed view on the ticket. They could not pay me enough to sit behind one of those things unless they provided a cheerleader for my lap.

Apparently they aren't - but are - going to sell the seats. What baffoons.

“Thanks to pillars located in each of the four corners, Colts officials say there are about 200 partially-obstructed seats at the new football stadium, and even fewer seats that are totally obstructed - which the team says won’t be sold for games.”

“Larry Hall, the vice president of ticket operations for the Colts, said those totally-obstructed seats are not part of the ticket program and will never be sold for a football game.”

“The partically-obstructed seats will be sold, but not as a season ticket and only after all other tickets are sold.”

Apparently they aren't - but are - going to sell the seats. What baffoons.

Yeah was not the best design. Interesting that they are going to make them into suites when the super bowl comes around. I would think putting them in during construction would be cheaper than doing them as a remodel.

I just drove by that thing on the way to a wedding in Ft. Wayne and seeing it off the interstate all I could say was WoW! Its fuggin huge!.......not to mention pretty sweet looking. It really did look like you could fit about two of the old stadiums in the new building. Its unreal how tall it is. Don't know about the seating inside but from the outside its pretty impressive.

FedEx Field here in D.C. has similar problems. The Deadskins put in LCD televisions on the obstructions, but anone buying from a private seller better know what sections are affected.

The real question is, will they tell the people buying the tickets that the view is obstructed? Or will it just be a nice little surprise? They have to sell them for half off or something.

Simply saying that they are not selling them as season tickets doesnt really solve anything.

When I saw under construction pics a few months ago, I thought what a hideous looking piece of property. Not quite Tropicana field, but not that far behind!! :devil:

The Trop is an atrocity. I can't believe how relatively new it is, and still is sooooo shiitty. They really dropped the ball with that stadium...It's in St. Pete, which is a REAL pain in the ass for the majority of the greater Tampa area to get to, and the design is just awful.

I was at Fenway last summer and we bought some tickets from a scalper. Baseball, especially at some of it's older stadiums with the beams supporting the upper deck, must print "OBSTRUCTED VIEW" on the tickets. However, I came to find out, "Obstructed View" is defined as having your view to home plate blocked. Therefore, we bought these tickets, pretty decent deal, and no "Obstructed View" note on them. We get to the seats, and my view of the 2nd baseman and CF is blocked, and my father couldn't see 1st base. It was pretty funny, you don't really think about it, but the majority of plays in baseball are plays at first, and my father had to judge by crowd reaction whether or not the guy was safe! It was still a good time, and we ended up moving to empty seats a section over to watch the last few innings.

The Trop is an atrocity. I can't believe how relatively new it is, and still is sooooo shiitty. They really dropped the ball with that stadium...It's in St. Pete, which is a REAL pain in the ass for the majority of the greater Tampa area to get to, and the design is just awful.

Its not the best venue for baseball, but its not an atrocity. Also, its far from shiity. And if you know your way around here its fairly easy to get to.