The new stadium @ INDY

Its not the best venue for baseball, but its not an atrocity. Also, its far from shiity. And if you know your way around here its fairly easy to get to.

It's a horrible baseball venue, and was built as a baseball stadium. I have been there three times for games, twice there were about 1,000 people there (which makes any stadium look bad, but makes the concrete cavernous Trop look godawful) and I was there about a month ago for a Cubs-Rays game when the place was pretty packed. It was better, but still the worst in the league, IMO.

However, I was unaware it was constructed from 1986-1990, I thought it was more recent than that, like a 1995-98 construction. I suppose that makes it slightly better, seeing as the "ballpark era" ushered in by beautiful Camden Yards hadn't begun yet.

It's not horrible to get to but I think they would draw MUCH better across the bay, where the majority of their fans are. It's a convenient excuse not to go to the games.

matteleo says:

July 16th, 2008 at 8:33 pm

It’s good PR…The Colts are rumored to be giving away free tickets to a local charity….the local chapter for the National Institute for the Blind. Always thinking outside the box…

Classic repsonse