The Surge isn't Working! The War is Lost!

I thought the needless spilling of American blood was a sacrament of the modern age.

If so, JFK should be denounced and condemned for his actions in Cuba, including the missile crisis, and Viet Nam - which he flamed into a full scale war which cost 56 thousand lives. The war accomplished nothing save giving America a bad name around the world and divided this country into the polar camps that are to this day at each others throats.

The thing about liberals is they want to get involved in having the government making a difference in people's lives.

The problem I have with them is that when they do that the differences they make are rarely for the better.

Both sides want government to be more involved......but only when it suits them

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could be wrong, but my understanding was the military ran Imperial Japan during WWII and they were a direct derivative of the feudal culture dominated by war lords. I doubt many banzai attacks were led by the polite petite nobility - even though they were devoted to their sun boy god.

Albeit a few in top hat and tails climbed aboard the Missouri to lay ink to parchment ending the hostilities.

Your understanding's incomplete. X is right...but in the 20's and 30's the constitutional government was suborned by military interests (it makes interesting reading, how they did that. Like Hitler's rise to power, it was perfectly legal and constitutional), leading to the de facto military dictatorship of the late 30's.

Culturally, the Japanese military was grounded in the old samurai bushido code all the way through WWII. But politically, under Meiji, Japan itself wasn't, and didn't become so until the late 30's.

A KFC opened in Fallujah today. :bag: Looks like it's safer than many American cities.

When you're measuring success or failure of a long-term military and political operation by the opening of fast-food franchises, it's probably time to start reevaluating your interpretation of your strategic goals.

Your understanding's incomplete. X is right...but in the 20's and 30's the constitutional government was suborned by military interests (it makes interesting reading, how they did that. Like Hitler's rise to power, it was perfectly legal and constitutional), leading to the de facto military dictatorship of the late 30's.

Culturally, the Japanese military was grounded in the old samurai bushido code all the way through WWII. But politically, under Meiji, Japan itself wasn't, and didn't become so until the late 30's.

Thank you. I stand corrected on a point of fact.

At least you didn't call me an incomplete ****. :bag::lol: