Ever meet a Buffalo Bills player?

I met Steve Christie at Media Play (at the Mc Kinely Mall) back in the mid 90's. He was ok, nothing special to brag about.

I met Scott Norwood twice at Jimmy's Old Town Tavern in Herndon, VA. The first time I met Scott he seemed a little reserved, I guess he wasn't sure how the fans were going to react to him. He's a very nice guy, I got a picture & autograph with him both times I met him.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I met Steve Christie at Media Play (at the Mc Kinely Mall) back in the mid 90's. He was ok, nothing special to brag about.

I met Scott Norwood twice at Jimmy's Old Town Tavern in Herndon, VA. The first time I met Scott he seemed a little reserved, I guess he wasn't sure how the fans were going to react to him. He's a very nice guy, I got a picture & autograph with him both times I met him.

Jimmy's is a nice place. It's not real far from where I live, so I get there from time to time. I haven't seen Norwood in there yet, but I hear he's there quite often.

I was stationed in Hawaii from 92-95 and being the resourceful Marine that I am, a buddy and I scammed press passes to the Pro Bowl in 93 & 94. We contacted NFL headquarters in NYC and told them we worked for the base newspaper and requested to have credentials for the game. We had practice passes all week at Aloha Stadium and sideline and locker room passes on game day. It was awesome. Got my picture with Steve Tasker, Thurman, Bruce, Andre and Kelly. I had them all blown up and got them autographed the next day. I got Kelly on a football but not the picture. He didn't make the Pro Bowl that year but was there during the media day. I've also had dinner in Hawaii with Howard "House" Ballard and met Nate Odomes and Henry in at the 92 Pro Bowl.

What a great time...

Oh, and I used my Marine status to get in real good with all the cheerleaders too..... :P

I was stationed in Hawaii in 2000-2001. I actually did work for the base paper, the Hawaii Marine, and therefore got a sideline pass for the game. I was able to briefly meet Eric Moulds, he seemed like a really nice, down to earth guy.

And yes, apparently cheerleaders do love Marines... :lol:

I met Tom Day in 1964 when I was eleven. He was a guest at our Little Loop football banquet. I even got to shake his hand. That is the day I officially became a life-long Bills fan.

I have met dozens of players at signings or training camp, but only have had personal conversations with a few.

One player I will never forget was retired NY Giant, Y A Tittle. He was a Hall of Famer at the time (mid to late 90's I think), and quite old. His birthday was only two weeks away and he was pleased when I wished him a "happy birthday". He signed a Giants team photo in Sam Huff's autobiography and his HOF card.

I met Billy Shaw when he came to the Furman U. campus to speak to the FCA in 2000, thus after he had been elected to the HOF. He lives in Toccoa GA, which is not too far from Greenville SC. I was on the faculty at the time, and was the only non-student there. I brought a Bills sweatshirt, which he signed. He gave a very inspirational speech, but the kids did not seem to know much about him at all, and there were not many questions. At the reception, I asked him about Kemp/Lamonica and other stuff. He was very nice to both men, but basically said that "Daryle had a problem with self-control," which hurt his standing with the team. He is a fine gentleman in every sense of the word.