Green Bay wants Favre back

To reiterate, he was one of the best players in the league last year.

That's nice. Past performance does not guarantee future success. If you were to ask me who I would rather have right now, I would take Rogers. Favre has nowhere to go but down. His age also plays a factor. You now have a team who is fully behind Rogers. If Favre were to come back, you and I both know that the locker room would be split. Some would not be happy with the way he has been handling the retirement/non-retirement/am I coming back/am I not coming back fiasco. Favre's act is getting old and that is going to enter the locker room.

If Favre had said back in March that he was returning, I would be fine with his return and Rogers could sit another year. He didn't. Favre needs to stay retired.

If Aaron Rodgers had started last year, you're talking about a team with 6 or 7 wins.

Prove it.

That's nice. Past performance does not guarantee future success. If you were to ask me who I would rather have right now, I would take Rogers. Favre has nowhere to go but down. His age also plays a factor. You now have a team who is fully behind Rogers. If Favre were to come back, you and I both know that the locker room would be split. Some would not be happy with the way he has been handling the retirement/non-retirement/am I coming back/am I not coming back fiasco. Favre's act is getting old and that is going to enter the locker room.

If Favre had said back in March that he was returning, I would be fine with his return and Rogers could sit another year. He didn't. Favre needs to stay retired.

Prove it.

Prove it? Well, I can't. But I can say that from what I've seen of him, on balance he looks like he kind of sucks -- squarely in that vast middle area of QBs who ain't that good, but who are good enough to consistently make a roster for 8-10 years. I didn't think much of his arm in college, but who knows -- maybe he'll improve. My bet, however, is that he's going to be mediocre-to-adequate at best. He hardly looks like a Carson Palmer type. In fact, he looks a lot more like another Tedford guy, Joseph Harrington. There's a reason they took Brohm, you know, and it ain't that much different from the reason the Bills spent a third round pick on a promising QB when they had already had on their roster a young first round pick (taken in the mid-20s) who hadn't shown much in a few years. As for the guy you'd have Rodgers replace, Brett Favre is one of the three or four greatest QBs ever, and as for past performance, we're talking about a guy who had a spectacular game in the snow against Seattle just six months ago (137.6 QB rating) and one of the best years of his career in 2007. Jeeze! I think he has another year left in him. I'll take a good, playoff-type year with Favre at the helm than a rebuilding year with Rodgers. Rebuilding tends to beget more rebuilding, more often than not. We Bills fans all know this.

Btw, according to Ross Tucker's informal survey (in his piece on SI.com), most of the Packer players want to win now, and therefore want Favre.

To reiterate, he was one of the best players in the league last year. If Aaron Rodgers had started last year, you're talking about a team with 6 or 7 wins.

Ya the one game he appeared he looked lost didn't he?

Comp Att Pct Yds Avg TD Int Sck SckY Rate Att Yds Avg TD FUM Lost

18 26 69.2 201 7.7 1 0 3 24 104.8 5 30 6.0 0

Keep in mind that was against Dallas and only half a game. Trent managed

23 31 74.2 176 5.7 0 1 3 28 74.1 1 6 6.0 0 1 0

Call me crazy but those numbers might have won us the Dallas Game

Ya the one game he appeared he looked lost didn't he?

18 26 69.2 201 7.7 1 0 3 24 104.8 5 30 6.0 0

Keep in mind that was against Dallas and only half a game. Trent managed

23 31 74.2 176 5.7 0 1 3 28 74.1 1 6 6.0 0 1 0

Call me crazy but those numbers might have won us the Dallas Game

Dallas had no film on him and hadn't prepared for him. Moreover, in three years, that's the only evidence to judge the guy on. Like I said, though, he can improve. But I for one wouldn't bet on it. You're certainly welcome to do so, however.

The speculation in Tampa is the Bucs will trade for him. Garcia has a contract for 08 only & wants an extension. The Bucs so far have refused to offer him one, leading to the Favre speculation.....talk is a second round pick.

If that's true, you'd have to think a QB (maybe even Garcia himself) would be going back to the Packers. TB still has a boatload of mediocre QBs if I'm not mistaken, and Green Bay needs some sort of insurance policy if Rodgers struggles or gets hurt.

Favre for Garcia and a 2nd or 3rd rounder seems to make sense.

Well, that last sums it up rather nicely as to exactly why it's fantastically remote that Favre would be a Buffalo Bill. Maybe if Hollywood were still dictating the pilot house -- this sort of thing would be right in his Big Media Splash wheel house, enough so he'd give up a ton to make it happen. But, not now with the plodding snooze-and-lose regime bunking behind the nautical wheel.

70% of Bills Daily fans don't want Favre.

You're a minority, Sisyphus. Roll that ball up the mtn.

I generally agree, but truth be told, he's always been a bit careless -- from day one. And I hate to say it, but that's probably one of the key reasons he's been so goddamn good.

No doubt some of his most celebrated games were blessed with an awful lot of "coin tosses" that landed in his favor, but that risk-taking was his game- and I agree it's among the reasons he has been among the best in the league. He's also proven to have the "follow me" intangible that's desirable at the point guard spot in this league.

70% of Bills Daily fans don't want Favre.

You're a minority, Sisyphus. Roll that ball up the mtn.

Wait. You're using an internet poll as a basis for argument? :lol::P

JP would have won the Dallas game. There, I said it.

If you want to go for the jugular, you could say "RJ would have won that game." :w00t: