Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never said Hardy was evil, just that he was stupid and potentially has a personality disorder. We bring in a quality veteran WR/TE by week 3.

And yes, this time is different because in the past few years we have multiple exact matches that happened or are on the verge of happening.

Even if you want to keep religion out of it, our parabolic rise in technology the past few decades is a signal that we are close to the end. Some scientists believe in the Singularity. Pretty much a point where computers jump ahead of us and we start to become part computer. I say that if you graph time on the horizontal axis and you quantitate technology on the vertical axis, soon we will no longer advance in time. The scientists feel time won't exist because we can store our thoughts on computers and just clone bodies. I feel that time will no longer exist because the final battle happens. One of us has to be right, that is unless we have a war so horrible that our technology goes back to the stone age and we develop from a past point on the graph, which pretty much is the "final battle".

I have never been a fan of organized religion and I still am not. There is a difference though in believing and yielding to a higher power than man. And to be strengthened by the spirit.

I am not saying this to win any debate, because it is impossible. I'd rather be called a name or 20 now for one person to understand later what I was trying to convey. I'm not saying light your hair on fire and run through the streets in a panic, I'm just saying that the switch has been thrown, and there isn't much time for people to get their priorities in order.

Classic. The guy with the sandwich board claiming "the end is nigh" is accusing someone else of having a personality disorder.

Again, how is now different from the dozen or so other times where there have been "direct" signs that we are at the end times? The end times were supposedly nigh back in the first few centuries A.D. when the "beast", Emperor Nero, was in power and persecuting the Jews. That was the "end times." Take your pick. Nero was the anti-christ. Napolean was the anti-christ. Hitler was the anti-christ. Saddam was the anti-christ, etc. There have been a slew of "end times" and "anti-christs." Yet, all of a sudden, NOW is the end times?

You want to know a little secret? I KNOW when the end times are. Check back in about 5-7 billion years when our sun fuses all of its hydrogen supply and begins to expand into a red giant, burning Earth to a crisp in the process.

In any event, i'll be a good sport to a fwllow Bills fan and help you out, incase the technology or the robots or the aliens come for you. This little website will help you survive.

http://zapatopi.net/afdb/

Thanks for reminding me...I'm holding though!

I'm not saying that his suggestion of things to come is accurate (especially the timeline). Heck, I have no idea what the future will hold. But as a believer, I agree with him that the pieces are nearly in place that could result in the fulfillment of prophecy. In looking at the macro view of the world the dominos are lining up.

Ultimately, what will be will be, but success favors the prepared mind.

Thanks for reminding me...I'm holding though!

I'm not saying that his suggestion of things to come is accurate (especially the timeline). Heck, I have no idea what the future will hold. But as a believer, I agree with him that the pieces are nearly in place that could result in the fulfillment of prophecy. In looking at the macro view of the world the dominos are lining up.

Ultimately, what will be will be, but success favors the prepared mind.

I've heard that argument for a while now. Hell, there are always people convinced its the end of the world. 'Tis why Hagee is so popular.

Again, not to ruin any end of the world doomsday parties, but why is the current time any different from any of these?

*Note: i have no idea about any of the biases of these particular websites, but they have good lists of failed "end of the world" predictions:

http://www.religioustolerance.org/end_wrl2.htm

http://www.armageddononline.org/failed_armageddon.php

Why is now the "end of the world" when these 50 odd previous "ends of the world" failed? They all saw the "signs" of the end of the world. They all knew what was coming. The problem is, we're still here.

They're always lining up. Every notice how apocylaptic prophecy is broad and vague? There's a reason for that - specifics are easily proved fraudulent.

And even so...events aren't lining up now NEARLY as well as they have at times in the past. The High Middle Ages, for example, or the late Byzantine and immediate post-Roman imperial eras. I'm hard-pressed to think of a 50-year span up to the 1900's where events weren't contemporarily interpreted as apocalyptic, frankly...

All religion or prophecy aside, the reasoning I use to think we have 20 years or less is the same reasoning I use to come up with point spreads for the next week of the NFL before the actual lines are released. When I know something inside and out, I can put quantitative values to subjective matter. It doesn't mean I know who will cover the game, but I have a good idea of what the skill sets are like, what public perception of the teams is, and I am decisive with little hesitation. I am an odds maker, not a prophet.

What do I know about the world that leads me to believe we are near the end?

1) Social Breakdown in Morals and Standards

2) Global Interdepenence

3) Exponential Explosion of Technology

Basically, we constantly have more crap with more potency, a bunch more people vying for said crap, and those people have been overbred and over-supported in overthrowing Darwin's theory thanks to technology aiding them, and for the most part none of them can be trusted.

There's a scientific view for you.

For all those thousands/millions/billions of years earth has been around, we have only had the capability to blow it out of orbit since 1940 or so. And in the past 70 years, the magnitude of that capability has continued to increase at alarming rates. Weapons have 1000x the potency, 30x the countries with access to them, and can be delivered 10x faster and in countless numbers of ways. The law of statistics says that if we go another 70 years, pure fluke has a great chance on it's own to end the world. Not to mention, the more you F with Mother Nature, the better chance she has to F with you.

So....do you think we'll be here in 2080? By then weaponry would be 1 million times as powerful as during WWII, every human being would have access to them, and one slip or depressed moment by any human on earth would cause the end.

Why is it the end?

Simple Math.

God just happened to be very good with numbers and gave us a little puzzle to keep track of as we go along.

For all those thousands/millions/billions of years earth has been around, we have only had the capability to blow it out of orbit

Blow the Earth out of orbit :worthy:

We could simultaniously detonate all the nukes, all the TNT, and all the C4 in the world and the Earth would keep spinning around the Sun like nothing happened. The sum total of our WMDs would equate to a squished fly on the Earth's windshield

For all those thousands/millions/billions of years earth has been around, we have only had the capability to blow it out of orbit since 1940 or so. And in the past 70 years, the magnitude of that capability has continued to increase at alarming rates. Weapons have 1000x the potency, 30x the countries with access to them, and can be delivered 10x faster and in countless numbers of ways. The law of statistics says that if we go another 70 years, pure fluke has a great chance on it's own to end the world. Not to mention, the more you F with Mother Nature, the better chance she has to F with you.

So....do you think we'll be here in 2080? By then weaponry would be 1 million times as powerful as during WWII, every human being would have access to them, and one slip or depressed moment by any human on earth would cause the end.

Why is it the end?

Simple Math.

God just happened to be very good with numbers and gave us a little puzzle to keep track of as we go along.

For someone who doesn't base their predictions off the bible, you are awfully hung up on the Bible and God. You are one of these algore whacko nutjobs who take a look at a small sample period and extrapolate that as if thats the behavior of the system, when in fact, its but a small blip on the grand scale.

As for your science? :worthy:

Blowing the Earth out of orbit - utterly and completely impossible. I am guessing that the "science" you believe in says that the world is 6000 years old, and that the reason there are no more dinosaurs are that they didn't get on Noah's ark.

We could simultaniously detonate all the nukes, all the TNT, and all the C4 in the world and the Earth would keep spinning around the Sun like nothing happened. The sum total of our WMDs would equate to a squished fly on the Earth's windshield

Not only that, life would go on. Some would die off, but life would go on. You have to admit, it's fun to have Chicken Little around.

"And Briere beat him like a rented mule!"

"Gee dad....why did the announcer say that Patrick Lalime is a mule? He is a human daddy. See, he has 2 legs, and he knows how to talk. He isn't a mule daddy. That guy is so stupid!"

Not only that, life would go on. Some would die off, but life would go on. You have to admit, it's fun to have Chicken Little around.

Actually, Dwight Drane might be on to something. I've done some research and came up with this unknown text.

[preaching about the end times]

And the-a anti christ-a will a come-a to the team from the great falls-a in the 4th month-a of the final year-a. He will-a be disguised-a as a "hardy" soul-a and come as the second-a of several selections-a. The beast will wear-a the the mark of infinity-a (8) signifying his infinite power-a, followed by the mark-a proclaiming he is the supreme being-a in the world-a (1).

[/preaching]

[book of drane]

And it shall come to pass, that on the day before the end times (9-14) the beast will make himself be known to the league of 32 teams. On the 6th play he will make his 6th catch and score 6 points, revealing himself as having the mark of the anti-christ, 666. His reign will dominate and the only souls spared will be the ones who carry not the yellowish metals of the Gods, but its grayish brother metals.

[/book of drane]