One day, we'll look back and blame the Chiefs for starting it....

Go to Austin to see bluefire...or go to the big house, or come to doak here in tallahassee, and you'll see how its done. At FSU we pack 90K fans into a stadium, while absolutely beautiful, it about the size of the ralph minus the 300 levels.

When it comes to college games, sitting/standing is a good indicator of wealth. It costs a lot to sit at big time college games.

Never been to Austin or FSU but the Big House is a bad example of fans getting rowdy. Was at an OSU/Mich game at the big house back in the late 90's. They are the biggest wine & cheese crowd I have ever seen. & that is supposed to be their big rival. Can not even imagine how indifferent they are when Northwestern comes to town.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure the idiot who pukes all over the kid in front of him uses the same "if you don't like it stay home" reasoning. If you buy a SEAT at a football game, you should reasonably expect to be able to watch the game with out somebody blocking your view all game because he fells like standing the whole time. I would bet you are the guy with his back to the game waving his arms up and down and yelling for everyone to stand up.

Like I said I don't actually stand up all that much, but I think it's lame to tell those that do to sit down all the time. I suppose it's much easier to pretend that I'm arguing for the right for anyone to be able to "puke" on other people.

Like I said I don't actually stand up all that much, but I think it's lame to tell those that do to sit down all the time. I suppose it's much easier to pretend that I'm arguing for the right for anyone to be able to "puke" on other people.

If you ask me, the only thing annoying about standing up is the people who feel it necessary to stand up and make their way through the aisle to get food or urinate, etc during a play.

Being a season ticket holder I can tell you first hand that when people stand it's for a good reason, so good in fact, that EVERYONE STANDS. Ie: big third down, late fourth quarter, TD celebration.

This thing reminds me of the time that Texas bb team was playing in regional finals in Dallas one year. Students in front of me kept standing up everytime a player would shoot a 3 point shot. Problem was that the players couldn't hit the broadside of a barn. I mentioned to them at halftime that they might want to reconsider their actions. Their team might be better served to stand when they finally hit one. They wound up sitting the rest of the game.

Being a season ticket holder I can tell you first hand that when people stand it's for a good reason, so good in fact, that EVERYONE STANDS. Ie: big third down, late fourth quarter, TD celebration.

They are not saying you can't stand during those times, they made a rule to combat the people who feel the need to stand all game and refuse to sit when asked.

This thing reminds me of the time that Texas bb team was playing in regional finals in Dallas one year. Students in front of me kept standing up everytime a player would shoot a 3 point shot. Problem was that the players couldn't hit the broadside of a barn. I mentioned to them at halftime that they might want to reconsider their actions. Their team might be better served to stand when they finally hit one. They wound up sitting the rest of the game.

Killing student's enthusiasm for their team, great job!

I've been slowly losing interest in professional football due to the transformation from a joe-6 pack sport to a luxury box-driven corporate sponsor club, and this rule is only going to cause me to care that much less. I can see a day when I'll look at the NFL like I now view the NBA...that is, not at all.

That being the case, I kinda "live and let live" instead of going w/ the "my way or the highway" stance, especially since I don't own the stadium (even if it had my name on it for many years).

All you have to do though is glare at someone to get them to behave.

I haven't missed a home game in 7 years...how bout you?

8 Seasons, and that includes pre-season. I'm gonna stop going to every game once I hit 100 games.

Killing student's enthusiasm for their team, great job!

Missed the point there Blue. I wasn't trying to kill their enthusiasm - I was trying to watch the f***** game. They can stand up and show their enthusiasm when they hit the shot.

Like I said - If you want to stand the entire game the stadium owners can save some money and take out yours or all the seats.

I've been slowly losing interest in professional football due to the transformation from a joe-6 pack sport to a luxury box-driven corporate sponsor club,

it's the same all over the world... even here in Europe where fans are sometimes going too far i see year after year hockey, rugby, soccer stadiums becoming souless, quiet , cold, "pasteurised" arenas... Ticket prices, luxury boxes and new "modern" arenas are changing the whole stadium "experience"... i go more and more to minor league/ second division places where things remain much more authentic...

I agree, college football is the way to go if you really want to have fun at a game. You want to stand the whole game? Make your way to the student section and you get booed for sitting down. Why not just have a standing section in pro stadiums as well, like in the lower part of the endzone. Make that change and offer those with season tickets there who want to sit all game tickets just to the side of the section. Cause I'm sorry, but it's just as annoying when an entire section is standing and one jagoff has to sit there whining to everyone. You guys act like standing the whole game is a bad thing, that's just ridiculous.

I agree, college football is the way to go if you really want to have fun at a game. You want to stand the whole game? Make your way to the student section and you get booed for sitting down. Why not just have a standing section in pro stadiums as well, like in the lower part of the endzone. Make that change and offer those with season tickets there who want to sit all game tickets just to the side of the section. Cause I'm sorry, but it's just as annoying when an entire section is standing and one jagoff has to sit there whining to everyone. You guys act like standing the whole game is a bad thing, that's just ridiculous.

I have been a season ticket holder in the lower part of the endzone for the past 5 years. As I said before, there are people who stand all game, and that's fine for them I guess. Some people don't wish to stand, and in those cases (@ least in my area), the people in front of them are pretty nice 'bout moving so that those who don't wish to stand can still see. That way, those who choose to stand can get their wish and those who don't can still watch the action. Problem is, too many people cannot just compromise and want things their way. I guess the good thing is that most of those folks are usually drunk, and will end up getting thrown out eventually.