One day, we'll look back and blame the Chiefs for starting it....

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You gotta realize not everyone there is in their 20s and crazy.. there are some older people that have a hard time standing up the entire game and cant see when dudes are going crazy in front of them.. they have the right to be able to see the action without standing up. Though i dont like this rule at all, i respect the purpose that is indended.

You gotta realize not everyone there is in their 20s and crazy.. there are some older people that have a hard time standing up the entire game and cant see when dudes are going crazy in front of them.. they have the right to be able to see the action without standing up. Though i dont like this rule at all, i respect the purpose that is indended.

Then stay home. I'm sorry, but it's ridiculous to enforce a rule like this for the benefit of a few.

I second this comment. The intent is there, just how does one enforce this when hundreds or thousands stand up at one time?

Im not a big fan of the rule, but only because I feel people should already have enough respect for their fellow fans and NOT expect that everyone wants to stand for 3 hours.

My father and I have had tickets in the same section for 20 years now, and anyone standing during play will get a chorus of "down in front"s from the entire section. Now, if it turns into a big play (deep ball or such) then yes, everyone will rise from their seats. But if your standing the whole time because you think it makes you a "better, crazier fan" then you probably should do that one more keg stand that will make you pass out in the parking lot and not ruin the game for everyone around you.

(just for some perspective, im in my 20s too)

I second this comment. The intent is there, just how does one enforce this when hundreds or thousands stand up at one time?

see, i feel thats a different situation. if its a big play that causes everyone to naturally jump up, thats fine. they wont enforce it then.

this rule is for the knuckleheads that think that because they are standing, good things will happen during this 2nd and 8 play in the 3rd quarter at Midfield...

I for one hope this never becomes the rule in Buffalo, but I am glad they're doing it at Arrowhead. Don't we play there this year? It is always a tough place to play, and I bet if this rule is followed it will bring the noise level down and the fan excitment level down. Sounds like a good thing for visiting teams, such as the Bills.

There's no real way to enforce a "no standing" rule. It's so stupid that they even had to address it. No one likes a group of people who stand the whole game, but EVERYONE hates the cry babies who tell you to sit down whenever you stand to cheer on a big play.

What, is security going to stop breaking up fights and keeping the peace because they are too busy telling all the fans that they have to sit down?

Ridiculous...

What's next? Cheering? Taunting the other team??

The following acts are prohibited:

1. Cheering for the home and/or away team, this includes standing.

2. Making eye contact with the home and/or away team's fans or the team members themselves.

3. Thinking negatively about the home and/or away team or thinking about any of the preceeding acts.

I for one hope this never becomes the rule in Buffalo, but I am glad they're doing it at Arrowhead. Don't we play there this year? It is always a tough place to play, and I bet if this rule is followed it will bring the noise level down and the fan excitment level down. Sounds like a good thing for visiting teams, such as the Bills.

Well, when you put it that way I strongly agree.

All stadiums except RWS must maintain constant silence throughout the entirity of the game, perpetrators will be shot on sight and have their season tickets revoked.

:pirate:

I suppose Jack's the only one who bothered reading the second link he posted?

But let's take the policy for the spirit it was intended: There are appropriate times to stand, or even remain standing. I'll give you a hint: Goal-line situations, fourth-and-1, etc. Stand at those times. But you don't stand the entire game just to be a nuisance, blocking the view of the fans behind you.

Anybody got a problem with that? I don't.

Knowing this bunch, I am guessing that Jack is the only one who read the first link, too.

Anybody got a problem with that? I don't.

I did read both links. My questions is definition of when one can stand? Only in critical situations or when there is an exciting play (the deep pass was given as an example)? Not at all? What if you have to go to get a beer or go to the rest room? Do you have to raise your hand and ask for permission.

That's the rub with this. How do you define the "spirit" of the rule?

Valid point. I would think (hope?) that security is bright enough to figure out the difference between the "average" fan and someone who's being a pain in the ass, but that might not always be the case.

And if some curmudgeon is sitting in the back of the section, missing the entire game because he's furiously firing off text messages to the fan conduct hotline ...

sounds really over the top.

That said, would it really be that expensive to put 1 security gaurd in the various sections of the stadium? I have seen many "heated arguements" between fans that could have been avoided if a single security guy simply walked over and gave a warning.