Amazing!!!

wnyguy

He even moved around in the pocket on one play and made a real nice pass....was it a full moon yesterday???

74464[/snapback]

No - it was one of the first times this year that he actually HAD a pocket to move in.

CW

Incorrect.  It was simply the first time he managed to sidestep the blitz.  He's had countless opportunites to do the same thing all season.

74512[/snapback]

Correct. It's amazing what happens when he doesn't tuck his head down, curl up and go down like a little baby. If he keeps his head up and stays w/ the play he can sidestep alot of these pressures and get the ball off.

Correct.  It's amazing what happens when he doesn't tuck his head down, curl up and go down like a little baby.  If he keeps his head up and stays w/ the play he can sidestep alot of these pressures and get the ball off.

74524[/snapback]

It's amazing, too, what happens when he has an RB back who can pick up the blitz.

Not that I'm one of the "Nothing is Bledsoe's fault" or "McGahee is God" crowds...but I'm sure a big part of sidestepping a blitzer is confidence. And Bledsoe looked to me like he had a lot more confidence with McGahee covering his ass rather than Henry. (So'd I, in fact...first time in a LONG time that I recall seeing the blitz consistently picked up. Wasn't perfect...but it was a damned sight better than it's been.)

Drew made a few moves in the pocket yesterday and actually avoided some sacks. Was I dreaming this? Also scrambled for a first down and a gain of 11 yards that was called back on a penalty. I must have been dreaming.

74462[/snapback]

Yeah, and he almost gave up 2 points on a safety too.

The sack he did give up wasn't a blitz. The Fins hardly blitzed all day. That's when he has taken most of his sacks.

It's amazing, too, what happens when he has an RB back who can pick up the blitz.

Not that I'm one of the "Nothing is Bledsoe's fault" or "McGahee is God" crowds...but I'm sure a big part of sidestepping a blitzer is confidence.  And Bledsoe looked to me like he had a lot more confidence with McGahee covering his ass rather than Henry.  (So'd I, in fact...first time in a LONG time that I recall seeing the blitz consistently picked up.  Wasn't perfect...but it was a damned sight better than it's been.)

74584[/snapback]

That's what I kept seeing - McGahee would get a shot on the blitz man which would give Drew that extra second that he needs. Impressive blocks by McGahee and great to see the confidence restored in Drew, at least for one game, to see his talent come through.

Incorrect.  It was simply the first time he managed to sidestep the blitz.  He's had countless opportunites to do the same thing all season.

74512[/snapback]

Hey man, cool avatar. Where can I get one like that?

Yeah, and he almost gave up 2 points on a safety too. 

The sack he did give up wasn't a blitz.  The Fins hardly blitzed all day.  That's when he has taken most of his sacks.

I like how some people are complaining about "almost bad plays" in the thread and at the same time they're saying the Bills "almost winning" doesn't count. Very amusing.

CW

I've been one of Bledsoe's biggest critics over the past 4 weeks, but I will say this: I was very pleased with his performance yesterday. Given the tough Miami D, the adverse weather, and the numerous injuries to our O, I think 13 net offensive points were just fine. He did a much better job of sidestepping sacks and not forcing balls into coverage. Only 1 sack, 0 fumbles, and 0 interceptions isn't bad at all.

However, I refuse to jump back on the Bledsoe bandwagon after 1 good game. I did that last year and got burned badly. This Sunday, let's see how our revitalized Drew performs in a road game - the type of venue where, in recent history, he's struggled the most.