(OT)Question about TV, specifically "Desperate

The Poojer

First off, great episode last nite, very funny!  Why is it that ABC TV is so eager to show Andy Sipowticz's ass when he is in the shower or something, and when Teri Hatcher is running around bare friggin ass nekkid, nothing!  man I was pissed!

74205[/snapback]

Andy Sipowticz is not arousing like Teri Hatcher...also NYPD Blue is shown at 10 pm, DH is shown at 9 pm, little kiddies may still be up...

First off, great episode last nite, very funny!  Why is it that ABC TV is so eager to show Andy Sipowticz's ass when he is in the shower or something, and when Teri Hatcher is running around bare friggin ass nekkid, nothing!  man I was pissed!

74205[/snapback]

I watched one episode of that, can't keep going. LOST is absolulty great though.

So, my TV must sees now are limited to "Lost", "Family Guy", "Extreme Makeover Home Edition", and "The Apprentice" (which is REALLY losing my interest quickly).

I watched one episode of that, can't keep going. LOST is absolulty great though.

So, my TV must sees now are limited to "Lost", "Family Guy", "Extreme Makeover Home Edition", and "The Apprentice" (which is REALLY losing my interest quickly).

74215[/snapback]

That Extreme Makeover Home Edition show is cool. Man they come up with some stevestojan in that show. Really cool.

That Extreme Makeover Home Edition show is cool. Man they come up with some stevestojan in that show. Really cool.

74318[/snapback]

With all my heterosexuality in tact, I swear I could get choked up watching that show sometimes.

Again, though, I wish they had named it something different, because people hear it and think its like Extreme Makeover, where they just give someone a nose job, and facelift and new teeth and think that will solve thri problems.

Home Edition is really very good.

With all my heterosexuality in tact, I swear I could get choked up watching that show sometimes.

74321[/snapback]

Yeah, I'm with you on that one. They always seem to find the perfect family and build the perfect house. That, in my opinion, is why the show is so good. It's not just building a new house for anyone, it's always for a deserving family. Much better than renovate my family because I can't stand that little puss, Dr. Phils son.

yeah its cool and all, but enough with giving away all those nice vehicles and fake cactii, lets be practical and pass some savings along to all of us! If you can't afford to have 9 kids, then don't have 9 kids!

74318[/snapback]

yeah its cool and all, but enough with giving away all those nice vehicles and fake cactii, lets be practical and pass some savings along to all of us!  If you can't afford to have 9 kids, then don't have 9 kids!

74336[/snapback]

Yeah, I agree they go over the top sometimes but you gotta spruce it up to make it a successful tv show.

yeah its cool and all, but enough with giving away all those nice vehicles and fake cactii, lets be practical and pass some savings along to all of us!  If you can't afford to have 9 kids, then don't have 9 kids!

74336[/snapback]

Pooj, of the two I know you are referring to (one where there were 9 kids, the other 7 or 8) NEITHER was a case of over-reproduction). . and I dont think ABC would just pick some family where that was the case.

In one of them the mother and father (who could provide for all 8 kids) died within a month of each other, and the oldest (and only boy) decided to try to take care of all of his little sisters.

In the next, a mans inlaws died, leaving their children with no where to go, so he took them all into his home.

Believe me, I wouldnt watch if they were picking familes who had kids for the extra $800 a month.

Fezmid Posted Today, 11:14 AM

QUOTE(gantrules @ Oct 18 2004, 11:12 AM)

TV?

I've given up on it other than sports, Lost and Still Standing.

Don't forget Firefly and Angel! Oh wait....

You're right.

CW

I never watched Firefly, but I feel your pain with Angel.

I love Lost & Desperate Housewives, but this TV season sucks without Joss Whedon. :w00t:

I never watched Firefly, but I feel your pain with Angel.

I love Lost & Desperate Housewives, but this TV season sucks without Joss Whedon.  :w00t:

If you liked Angel, I think you'll LOVE Firefly - go to Amazon.com and pick it up, it's definately worth it (there's commentary on half the episodes, and most of the commentary is actually insightful).

Remember everyone -- Serenity is coming soon - http://www.serenitymovie.com -- it's the movie version of Firefly.

CW

Andy Sipowticz is not arousing like Teri Hatcher...also NYPD Blue is shown at 10 pm, DH is shown at 9 pm,  little kiddies may still be up...

74212[/snapback]

because any of the other things on tv before 9 are ok for kids to watch. watch some of these shows some time. its all sexual, every last bit of it. especially the reality shows.

Yeah, I'm with you on that one. They always seem to find the perfect family and build the perfect house. That, in my opinion, is why the show is so good. It's not just building a new house for anyone, it's always for a deserving family. Much better than renovate my family because I can't stand that little puss, Dr. Phils son.

74324[/snapback]

One person I work with was thinking of submitting an application for his home. I asked him what was going to be his reason, he said because he and his wife don't have the time to work on their house. That was it, that was the reason. I told him not to bother, they wouldn't pick him.

These people do get me choked up at the end when you see the joy in their faces during the reveal, and I'm a cold hearted bastard.