Any Death Cab For Cutie fans?

Just Jack

Seems I've been hearing
alot lately, and I'm wondering if I should just go ahead and get Narrow Stairs, or find a few more songs off the album to listen to first.

I listen to DCFC every now and then, but I'd recommend that you listen to their other material before you buy the album. The band can get a little experimental with their albums, some love that while others don't

I always thought that the Postal Service was a better band than Death Cab, but then again they only put out 1 album, a couple covers and remixes.

???? :lol: How can you say that when the main member of both bands is the exact same person?

I recommend the album as a purchase. Death Cab has not yet broken into the realm of truly historic or legendary, but I think this album finally puts them into the list of top indie bands ever. I think this album is sort of a musical history landmark, or will be one day.

???? :lol: How can you say that when the main member of both bands is the exact same person?

Was Stone Temple Pilots the same as Velvet Revolver because they were both fronted by Scott Weiland? How about Soundgarden and Audioslave? The instrumentation determines the sound of a band just as much, if not more than, the lead singer.

Postal Service was a little more electronic, while DCFC is more rock. Similar vocals obviously, but they are hardly the same band.

Seems I've been hearing
alot lately, and I'm wondering if I should just go ahead and get Narrow Stairs, or find a few more songs off the album to listen to first.

I'm an Alternative Rock and specifically a Death Cab for Cutie Fan.

If you want a link to download all their albums for free from a fans blog PM me. ;-)

???? :blink: How can you say that when the main member of both bands is the exact same person?

I recommend the album as a purchase. Death Cab has not yet broken into the realm of truly historic or legendary, but I think this album finally puts them into the list of top indie bands ever. I think this album is sort of a musical history landmark, or will be one day.

They have two different sounds. Death Cab is alright, but i was always partial to The Postal Service. A lot of bands are like that, I prefer At the Drive In to the Mars Volta they are almost 1 in the same. Brand New, Taking Back Sunday, and Straylight Run all have ties to each other from Jesse Lacey and John Nolan being part of both Taking Back Sunday and Brand New but I prefer Brand New over the other two.

Plus Jenny Lewis worked more with the Postal Service than she does with Death Cab now, which was another element of the postal service that I liked. Yeah they are pretty much the same but minor differences turn into huge ones when its comes to music at least IMO.

What are peoples interpretations of the the video for

? It is a dark song with stalker implications. The girl in the video does not smile much and is always by herself in a foreign country and appears lonely and vulnerable. The band is playing in the a freezer- does that represent a cold hearted persons first hand account of an obsession? The video is very well done, but I still get a slight creepy voyeuristic feeling. Or perhaps the girl is the one who is obsessed with someone, or maybe she is just very lonely. Am I reading too much into this? It seems like there is a lot of symbolism in the video.

My interpretation...

The girl knew the guy as a friendship/co-worker, but the guy was moving to fast, too soon, so she broke it off and decided to take an around the world trip to clear her head.