Scouts Inc. Fantasy O-Line rankings

I asked you for an answer; ANY answer. I didn't ask for a "deep" one. That was your qualification. It was a simple question.

And spare me the "personal taunting" whining/hypocrisy. Like I said, if we took a poll, we'd see who the real joke is around here.

Wait, minute! I said the team overachieved, you say the team overachieved, yet I'll look right past all that and...what?

Yes, please go ahead and get some sleep. Hopefully it will help.

LOL Yeah, that's it, nice amiable post.

Take all the polls you want for starters.

As to it being a deep answer, IMO these things are multifaceted which explains the difference between me and several other people and the rest of the barbarian horde here. It's easy to slap down numbers 7 and 9 and call it a day at the office, but that's clearly absurd. Yet, that exactly what many people do then apparently thinking that we are the only team to have had a draft and added players by free agency and as if every move we make works out simply by virtue of us being the Bills.

And yes, while we may agree that the team overachieved last year, we clearly don't agree on this year. In order to understand what to expect this year we must first understand last year and if we overachieved, where we would have been had we simply achieved to par. Because teams simply don't go from where we were last year according to my stated facts above to playoff contention. It just doesn't happen.

After that, since you don't care about depth or a developed argument, I will add merely a few more things to my post above and call it a response.

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for providing the very definition of the "Dick Jauron Myth". I am amazed at how many fans like you are still buying into it. Unfortunately you are in for major heartbreak in '08. This guy lacks the guts and gile to ever be a winning head coach. This is a game that demands it's head coaches be smarter and more unpredictable than the other head coach. Dick is a dumb head coach, unchanging and someone who basically hands opposing coaches his game plans if for the simple fact that they are so predictable.

If he were the coach of the Dolphins or Jets they'd be making fun of him here talking about what a loser he is.

If he were the coach of the Dolphins or Jets they'd be making fun of him here talking about what a loser he is.

And you'd be blowing him for for all the "great offseason moves" he made.

And you'd be blowing him for for all the "great offseason moves" he made.

This is all very simple. Dick has his hand picked OC and QB, an upgraded defense in terms of personnel, the rebuilt offensive line, more WR's and he's in his 3rd year in the organization. Just go out and win. Win 9 or more ball games and show us that you have this program on track and that you're capable of moving the team forward with the better tools that the front office has provided.

This is all very simple. Dick has his hand picked OC and QB, an upgraded defense in terms of personnel, the rebuilt offensive line, more WR's and he's in his 3rd year in the organization. Just go out and win. Win 9 or more ball games and show us that you have this program on track and that you're capable of moving the team forward with the better tools that the front office has provided.

He had significantly more proven talent in Chicago and failed miserably there too. In fact, I'd say that the Bears had a better team overall then from a talent perspective.

If and when McKelvin, Mitchell, Stroud, Spencer Johnson, Hardy, and Schonert step up, we can discuss talent further. But the chances of all six of those guys doing much to improve this team are slim.

Jauron is a losing coach and will always be one.

While this season should be disheartening again, a great side show will be listening to either the excuses here flying or people posting now about "this being our year" backtracking.

It took Jimmy Johnson 3 years to take the Cowboys to the playoffs. If memory serves me, those were rough years. I don't see an Aikman, Irvin or Emmitt Smith on our roster and if you think Edwards, Evans or Lynch are close to those three, you are kidding yourself. WE don't have that type of offensive or defensive line either.

If you think Jauron is the reason the Bills have stunk for nearly 10 years, you are really in denial. The Bills suck because they pander to the wants of the fans and have lacked the spine to stick with anything

No, i agree, its put up or shut up time for Jauron. Its time for this team to make some strides.

It took Jimmy Johnson 3 years to take the Cowboys to the playoffs. If memory serves me, those were rough years. I don't see an Aikman, Irvin or Emmitt Smith on our roster and if you think Edwards, Evans or Lynch are close to those three, you are kidding yourself. WE don't have that type of offensive or defensive line either.

If you think Jauron is the reason the Bills have stunk for nearly 10 years, you are really in denial. The Bills suck because they pander to the wants of the fans and have lacked the spine to stick with anything

Yes, because as we all know, us Bills fans banged the door down at One Bills Drive and forced them to hire the likes of Greg Williams, Mike Malarkey and Dick Jauron. :thumbsup::wacko:

Dude, you have got to stop with these embarrassing and desperate posts regarding Dick Jauron's hard luck. BTW, the league as a whole is no where's near of the same quality of that Dallas era. I give you Rothlesberger's Steeler's and Eli's Giants as prime examples of how far the league has fallen in quality since those times. The Bills SHOULDN'T NEED three HOFers like those guys to achieve their goal of winning the Superbowl. I've come to the conclusion that you just don't understand NFL football very much.

Yes, because as we all know, us Bills fans banged the door down at One Bills Drive and forced them to hire the likes of Greg Williams, Mike Malarkey and Dick Jauron. :thumbsup::wacko:

Dude, you have got to stop with these embarrassing and desperate posts regarding Dick Jauron's hard luck. BTW, the league as a whole is no where's near of the same quality of that Dallas era. I give you Rothlesberger's Steeler's and Eli's Giants as prime examples of how far the league has fallen in quality since those times. The Bills SHOULDN'T NEED three HOFers like those guys to achieve their goal of winning the Superbowl. I've come to the conclusion that you just don't understand NFL football very much.

Funny, I have come to the same conclusion about you. Jauron has made the most of what he has here, and that hasn't been much.

For years, Butler and Donahoe fiddled with the QB situation, frittering away high draft picks while our offensive and defensive lines collapsed. Early in the decade, we had a wealth of offensive weapons, then Mr. smoke and mirrors (Donahoe) let them all go and changed the focus to defense. We had the continuity of Levy/Phillips for over a decade, now we are playing musical chairs with our coaching staff. With very few exceptions, every time you change coaches, you start over and are nothing more than an expansion team.

Jauron has had two rough seasons in which their has been terrible offenses and defenses. He has squeezed everything he can out of the roster and then some in order to get 14 wins out of the team. If Wilson is smart, he will ignore the fans and Jauron won't even be on the hot seat. It is also stupidity that John Fox is on the hot seat in Carolina. Then again, it is easier to believe you have talent and fire the coach if you don't know how things work in reality.

Funny, I have come to the same conclusion about you. Jauron has made the most of what he has here, and that hasn't been much.

For years, Butler and Donahoe fiddled with the QB situation, frittering away high draft picks while our offensive and defensive lines collapsed. Early in the decade, we had a wealth of offensive weapons, then Mr. smoke and mirrors (Donahoe) let them all go and changed the focus to defense. We had the continuity of Levy/Phillips for over a decade, now we are playing musical chairs with our coaching staff. With very few exceptions, every time you change coaches, you start over and are nothing more than an expansion team.

Jauron has had two rough seasons in which their has been terrible offenses and defenses. He has squeezed everything he can out of the roster and then some in order to get 14 wins out of the team. If Wilson is smart, he will ignore the fans and Jauron won't even be on the hot seat. It is also stupidity that John Fox is on the hot seat in Carolina. Then again, it is easier to believe you have talent and fire the coach if you don't know how things work in reality.

So if the Bills win 6-7 games this year the coach should get a vote of confidence from the owner?

So if the Bills win 6-7 games this year the coach should get a vote of confidence from the owner?

As it has been said many times in this post that W/L is one way to gauge the success of a team, but not the only way. I see this as a 6-7 win season if the team is well coached. I really think this 10-11 wins and playoffs people see out of the team is really a pipdream. The Bills just aren't that good yet.

As it has been said many times in this post that W/L is one way to gauge the success of a team, but not the only way. I see this as a 6-7 win season if the team is well coached. I really think this 10-11 wins and playoffs people see out of the team is really a pipdream. The Bills just aren't that good yet.

You think that anyone in the Bills' organization would be happy with 6-7 wins this year? You think the fans that buy tickets and such would be happy with 6-7 wins this year? You think that the fans and the Bills leadership would be happy with Jauron if the team wins 6-7 games this year?

You think that anyone in the Bills' organization would be happy with 6-7 wins this year? You think the fans that buy tickets and such would be happy with 6-7 wins this year? You think that the fans and the Bills leadership would be happy with Jauron if the team wins 6-7 games this year?

It all depends. Were their injuries? Was their a surprise team (ie Miami or NY going 10-6- like NY did 2 seasons ago), did Edwards have growing pains?

Same can be said the other way- what if Edwards has no growing pains or Hardy has a Randy Moss type rookie year and we go 11-5.....will that be totally attributed to the head coach's performance? I sure hope not.

Maybe Jauron is similar to Chuck Knox and is just good at rebuilding teams and instilling discipline. Maybe he's better than that. Talking about changing coaches after just 2-3 seasons is ludicrous though unless they have been completely below the mark of where they should be. We have overachieved. We haven't been 2-14.

To be honest, I have the Bills as a 6-10 team this year. Too many holes to be much better than that.

To be honest, I have the Bills as a 6-10 team this year. Too many holes to be much better than that.

6-10? :thumbsup:

Last year, despite 17 injuries, a rookie QB and RB, significant FA losses and a harder schedule, they went 7-9. What 10 teams do you see them losing to this year? Where are the major holes left to be filled?

He had significantly more proven talent in Chicago and failed miserably there too. In fact, I'd say that the Bears had a better team overall then from a talent perspective.

You obviously didn't follow the team back then. After the 2001 season, the team played half their games in Champlain in 2002 and lost a ton of players to injury. Then after the season, new GM Jerry Angelo let 2 of their best defensive players, Colvin and Washington, leave and signed no one good in FA (Kordell Stewart was their big name FA, if that tells you anything). As would be expected, Jauron was fired after a 7-9 2003 season, which still represented an improvement over the 4-12 season in 2002. Basically Angelo wanted Jauron gone and made it a self-fulfilling prophesy. And any talk of his record as a head coach with the hapless Lions is moot.

Now this isn't to say that Jauron is a great head coach. But to claim he had "tons of talent" and/or a great situation in Chicago is flat-out wrong.

The only good thing about a 6 win season would be the swift departure of Jauron. There are no valid excuses at all for a mere 6 wins. None.

The only good thing about a 6 win season would be the swift departure of Jauron. There are no valid excuses at all for a mere 6 wins. None.

Exactly. Even a 7-win season (again) would be grounds for dismissal. There is more talent on this team than Adam is willing to admit.