Scouts Inc. Fantasy O-Line rankings

Didn't see this posted, I will be corrected if I'm wrong. No real reasons given behind the rankings, but FWIW they have us at 21.

21. Buffalo Bills

Jason Peters is the rock of the Bills' offensive line and ranks among the elite left tackles in the NFL. At 6-4, 340, he has tremendous size and rare agility with a natural knee bend you just don't see from such a large person. What is amazing is that Peters was a tight end in college and could continue to get better. He makes everyone around him much more effective. Presently, he is unhappy with his contract, and the Bills would be foolish not to get him locked up for the long term. Buffalo signed LG Derrick Dockery to big money before last year, and he teamed with Peters to make up a formidable, massive left side of the line. The other three starters are not in Peters and Dockery's class, and while C Melvin Fowler is intelligent and a very good leader, he can be overwhelmed at the point of attack and struggles against big two-gapping defensive tackles. The Bills are a run-heavy offense, but their line is more effective in pass protection. New offensive coordinator Turk Schonert vows to throw the ball more this year, and that seems like a logical decision as QB Trent Edwards continues to mature.

For those interested, here's 22-32

Rams

Redskins

Steelers

Ravens

Seahawks

Bears

49ers

Raiders

Lions

Falcons

Chiefs

& the linkage

Just noticed they also have kickers rated. Lindell is 28. Can a fantasy expert comment? Is this an indictment of our offensive ability to move the ball into FG range?

Kicker rankings

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't see this posted, I will be corrected if I'm wrong. No real reasons given behind the rankings, but FWIW they have us at 21.

For those interested, here's 22-32

Rams

Redskins

Steelers

Ravens

Seahawks

Bears

49ers

Raiders

Lions

Falcons

Chiefs

& the linkage

Just noticed they also have kickers rated. Lindell is 28. Can a fantasy expert comment? Is this an indictment of our offensive ability to move the ball into FG range?

Kicker rankings

OK then, the $10,000 question;

With a line ranked 21st and unchanged from last season, with an emerging QB that everyone rants about, with "Beastmode", why did our offense score fewer TDs than any other team in the league last season?

Miami's O-line is ahead of the Bills'? LOL!

Miami's offense scored 6 more offensive TDs than we did last season.

You don't think that they might have a better OL?

What other reasons are there that they would score 30% more TDs than we did?

For those interested, here are the TDs scored offensively by each of these teams last season, 22-32;

Rams - 24

Redskins - 33

Steelers - 43

Ravens - 24

Seahawks - 39

Bears - 26

49ers - 23

Raiders - 28

Lions - 32

Falcons - 25

Chiefs - 23

Buffalo - 20

Kicker rankings

You tell us:

Bills had 34 red zone possessions, 2nd to last ahead of only the Niners who had 29. (By the way, that's about 2/game)

We ran the fewest plays of any team in the league and were ranked 3rd from last ahead of only the Chiefs and Niners in offensive yards.

OK then, the $10,000 question;

With a line ranked 21st and unchanged from last season, with an emerging QB that everyone rants about, with "Beastmode", why did our offense score fewer TDs than any other team in the league last season?

Steve Fairchild and Dick Jauron. I'll accept cash or check.

Miami's O-line is ahead of the Bills'? LOL!

Their yards per carry was very good last year- I think among the league's leaders. Line for the most part isn't their problem. They have no QB and invested a 9th overall into a punt returner who doesn't run routes

What other reasons are there that they would score 30% more TDs than we did?

I'll take a stab at this.

30% makes that number look big but truth of the matter is that a 6 TD difference in a season isn't that much. Especially when you take into consideration that the Dolphins took 70 more offensive snaps then the Bills. 70!!! That's a whole other game. That and the Dolphins played from behind in every game, which IMO leads to taking more risks and kicking less FG's.

As far as rushing last year both the Phins and the Bills avg. 4.0 ypc, So thats a wash, however the Bills gave up 26 sacks to the Phins 42. So I'm curious myself why they have them ranked higher.

I'll take a stab at this.

30% makes that number look big but truth of the matter is that a 6 TD difference in a season isn't that much. Especially when you take into consideration that the Dolphins took 70 more offensive snaps then the Bills. 70!!! That's a whole other game. That and the Dolphins played from behind in every game, which IMO leads to taking more risks and kicking less FG's.

As far as rushing last year both the Phins and the Bills avg. 4.0 ypc, So thats a wash, however the Bills gave up 26 sacks to the Phins 42. So I'm curious myself why they have them ranked higher.

They had no WR's last year, while we had Lee Evans. They had no Marshawn Lynch or Fred Jackson either. They had no QB, we had Edwards and Losman. They are a solid offensive line with guys from the local bar playing the other positions.

As long as this line continues to play together, they'll be alright as they gain the all important continuity and chemistry that only comes with playing alongside the same guys for years. The guys not mentioned over on the right side aren't any slackers either, imho.

They had no WR's last year, while we had Lee Evans. They had no Marshawn Lynch or Fred Jackson either. They had no QB, we had Edwards and Losman. They are a solid offensive line with guys from the local bar playing the other positions.

I think a lot of that had something to do with who was calling our plays.

I think a lot of that had something to do with who was calling our plays.

Edwards seemed to do pretty well with that guy calling plays. Lynch had a great rookie season with that guy calling plays.

Edwards seemed to do pretty well with that guy calling plays. Lynch had a great rookie season with that guy calling plays.

Yet neither of those guys were probowlers. We did have one guy from the O in Hawaii though and he played on the O-Line. Edwards has a lot of potential and so does Lynch and Evans is good but not great(not yet anyway). I'm excited about this offense, I really am but no one on this offense has done anything to show that they are a true stud in this league other then Peters.

The other thing to keep in mind is that these are fantasy ratings (at least that's what your title says and that's what Scouts, Inc. does). Fantasy football is different than NFL football (outside of Brady and Moss the Pats* aren't a great fantasy team, but they had the best record in the NFL so their fantasy status does not predict their NFL status [insert your own cheating comment here]).

Anyway, I don't know what makes a good o-line from a fantasy perspective (I've been playing for 10+ years and have never come across a league where you draft o-line and have o-line accumulate stats), but it may be different from a good o-line from a NFL perspective - the two aren't always the same.

Yet neither of those guys were probowlers. We did have one guy from the O in Hawaii though and he played on the O-Line. Edwards has a lot of potential and so does Lynch and Evans is good but not great(not yet anyway). I'm excited about this offense, I really am but no one on this offense has done anything to show that they are a true stud in this league other then Peters.

I didn't expect Edwards or Lynch to make the pro bowl- they were rookies. You are correct- there is no stud on the offense other than Peters yet, although Lynch could be on his way if he gets his stuff straight. Evans is very good, and Reed is a solid role player. We need Hardy to pan out- but not this year. We are stuck with a pretty mediocre offensive unit this season, and will be carried by special teams again, along with a better defense

Steve Fairchild and Dick Jauron. I'll accept cash or check.

What happened? Everyone was applauding the move to hire Fairchild just over two seasons ago now.

Jauron's still there.

So what's your prediction for the health and productivity of our offense this season?