Dicaprio for Captain america?

K-Gun10

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marvel is going to have a problem casting this for several reasons:

1. How can you pull off Captain America without it feeling like blatant propaganda -- which is how the comic started in the first place? In order to counter that, they're going to have to go dark and disillusioned. Especially if they do the whole re-animated from WW2 angle.

2. If they really are going to release Captain America in May of 2011, then the first Avengers movie in July of the same year (where Captain America is the leader ...), they're going to need a star who can stand toe-to-toe with Downey Jr (who will have had another Iron Man hit under his belt by then) and Sam Jackson. All this without killing the budget.

So it makes sense that they'd go for Leo or Damon. But I doubt either will do it. I actually think a good fit would be Josh Lucas (who can do action and dark) -- but he's not big enough to open a movie.

What about Ryan Reynolds? He bulked up pretty good for Blade: Trinity and is a decent actor...

I also keep seeing Paul Walker's name on other websites, but he seems a little stiff and can't picture him as CA...

Yeah man, he's got that cheesy comic book feel as well as the chin that we should expect from our captain america.

Lol, is that Starship Troopers 3 I saw on there? I didn't know they made a 2nd one.

Wow, I didn't know there was a ST 2 either.

hey, another thread about this. alright i guess ill join this one...

What about Ryan Reynolds? He bulked up pretty good for Blade: Trinity and is a decent actor...

RR is slated to play Deadpool and is the front runner for the Flash if/when it ever gets made.

the dude cant play everyone.

:rolleyes: You should right that into Marvel and The Rock for Thor.

Thor is a blonde Nordic looking character, The Rock is dark haired and from the Pacific. The Rock would be good as Namor, with the arrogent attitude and the eyebrows. Slap a pair of wings on his ankles and he'd be all set.