Save Irony!

stevestojan

I cannot count the number of times the word "Irony" is used on this board. "It's ironic that....", or "Irony at it's best!", etc, etc.

Well, folks, 99.9% of the time something around here is called ironic, it is actually coincidental.

At this time, I will not call anyone out (as I did a search on the words irony and ironic and have a list a mile long of those I could).

However, I ask that we really start to use this word correctly. I also ask that when you spot a coincidental situation being referred to as ironic, you call that poster out.

Thank you.

(I know, I know... stevestojan giving advice on board etiquette.... )

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I cannot count the number of times the word "Irony" is used on this board. "It's ironic that....", or "Irony at it's best!", etc, etc.

Well, folks, 99.9% of the time something around here is called ironic, it is actually coincidental.

At this time, I will not call anyone out (as I did a search on the words irony and ironic and have a list a mile long of those I could).

However, I ask that we really start to use this word correctly. I also ask that when you spot a coincidental situation being referred to as ironic, you call that poster out.

Thank you.

(I know, I know... stevestojan giving advice on board etiquette.... )

I blame Alanis Morrisette for tricking people into thinking a bug in your wine is somehow ironic.

I blame Alanis Morrisette for tricking people into thinking a bug in your wine is somehow ironic.

Yes... but the fact that a song titled "Ironic" has nothing ironic in it... is in fact ironic! :thumbsup:

Maybe that's what she was going for? Alanis is so advanced.