What type of cell phone does your teenager have?

tmk-nj

So not only is reading comprehension out the window, but so is your "only have what you need and save the rest" thing. 0:)

Where did I say ONLY have what you need. My point was that people confuse what they need versus what they want. When it comes time to retire they realize they really didn't need that stuff, what they needed was to save more. When you, as you say, have all those toys on an average salary I'm pretty sure you're not going to have enough to maintain the lifestyle you have today when it comes time to retire. But I do commend you for at least trying.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hell ya! Hose that baby off, stick it under the dryer... Be good as new!

0:)

:blink:

FWIW, last year my wife accidentally knocked my no-frills pre-pay Nokia into the cat's water bowl. I called the local T-mobile store, and the clerk suggested propping it up in front of a fan to dry it out - he said sometimes you get lucky.

It worked.

:w00t:

FWIW, last year my wife accidentally knocked my no-frills pre-pay Nokia into the cat's water bowl. I called the local T-mobile store, and the clerk suggested propping it up in front of a fan to dry it out - he said sometimes you get lucky.

It worked.

:lol:

My brother dropped his in a cup of tea (don't ask)... A Nokia... It worked, and it was "pleasantly" "tea stained."

Beat that all you style freaks out there!

My daughter who just turned 14 has a Nokia flip phone(pretty generic phone w/camera). It is a prepaid phone and I told her I will put $25 on the phone every 6-8 weeks. She has it primarily to call us and minimal use with her friends. She was just complaining that all her friends have the latest and greatest phones from blackberrys to sidekicks to razors to iphones. I told her that as soon as she gets a job she is more than welcome to get one for herself.

I'm amazed how much parents bend when it comes to their kids. :devil: