What's the deal with Bills in Toronto tickets?

Just for giggles I went on Ticketmaster to see what was left. $175 upper deck seats still available. Here we are weeks after they went on sale, 180,000 people supposedly signing up, and half the stadium is still for sale? Something tells me Mr. Rogers may have overestimated his market. Maybe he figured since people pay stupid money for Leafs tickets, they would do the same for the NFL.

I hope Ralph got his money upfront.

PTR

Just for giggles I went on Ticketmaster to see what was left. $175 upper deck seats still available. Here we are weeks after they went on sale, 180,000 people supposedly signing up, and half the stadium is still for sale? Something tells me Mr. Rogers may have overestimated his market. Maybe he figured since people pay stupid money for Leafs tickets, they would do the same for the NFL.

I hope Ralph got his money upfront.

PTR

Panic must be setting in, there's only 6 months left to sell the tickets.

Well, considering that the Brits bought 40,000 tix in 90 minutes for the Saints-Chargers game, there may be room here for some discussion here.

Link

That is funny, but I think the OP still has a valid point.

With the Bills on the verge of reaching a season tickets sales record, one would think that if demand for the Toronto games was very high, that the advance sales would reflect that.

Well, considering that the Brits bought 40,000 tix in 90 minutes for the Saints-Chargers game, there may be room here for some discussion here.

Link

You don't think it's odd so many seats are left for those games? After the hype of the 180,000 name waiting list? Either they overpriced the tickets or interest is much lower than believed.

PTR

Link

Yah but the Brits can drive down the QEW and watch 8 games a year already.......

You don't think it's odd so many seats are left for those games? After the hype of the 180,000 name waiting list? Either they overpriced the tickets or interest is much lower than believed.

PTR

Oh, I indeed think it's odd and believe you have a point here...I just wonder how many Toronto tickets are left, especially since the Rogers Centre only holds about 55K. I think price is the big factor, and as you said, I hope Ralph got paid up-front.

PTR

Fair enough....Don't forget they are requiring people to buy packages.....I know other international games have sold out quickly but they were for single games. I think the prices are pretty steep and the game is a long way off so people don't want to put out the cash right away? (don't forget the 49ers game and the pats* game still have tickets available likely because they are late season games as well) just my 2 cents.

Yah but the Brits can drive down the QEW and watch 8 games a year already.......

I think you mean Canadians can drive down but Brits can't. Good point.

Oh, I indeed think it's odd and believe you have a point here...I just wonder how many Toronto tickets are left, especially since the Rogers Centre only holds about 55K. I think price is the big factor, and as you said, I hope Ralph got paid up-front.

I have no way of knowing how many seats are left. But the fact that I can find seats in every level up to $175 makes me think that a good chunk (more than 25%) of the house is unsold. This creates an interesting situation if Rogers takes a bath. He's on the hook to Ralphie and the NFL. Does he start dropping prices? Does he rebate people who already bought seats?

If this deal fails, it would definite hurt Toronto's future chances as an NFL city. Is that good or bad for Buffalo?

PTR

PTR

Agreed. Especially with the global economy the way it is, I think there's some definite sticker shock. Then again, I never bought into the 180,000-request number, either. I think they added all the RWS season-ticket holders whether they signed up or not.

I have no way of knowing how many seats are left. But the fact that I can find seats in every level up to $175 makes me think that a good chunk (more than 25%) of the house is unsold. This creates an interesting situation if Rogers takes a bath. I'm sure he owes Ralphie the money. Does he start dropping prices? Does he rebate people who already bought seats?

PTR

:D

This is the Jolly Rogers we're talking about ...

PTR

They definitely over-priced the tickets. As a Canadian fan in Ottawa with many friends in Toronto, the common comment I kept hearing prior to the seat sale was "why would I pay $175 for a ticket when I can drive to Buffalo and pay $30 for the same one? That, and I can actually TAIL GATE".

I was one of the "lucky" winners of the early admission draw. As soon as I saw the prices I balked. It would cost my friends and I less in gas, hotel and beer/food to go to Buffalo and hang out with the faithful than it would just for tickets to hang out with the snobby "elite" in Toronto.

Add it all up and you get what you get here. Fan APATHY to an expensive product. That and maybe stupid Toronto sports fans are just saving their cash so that they might be able to afford to go a Leafs game.

Leafs suck.

I think you mean Canadians can drive down but Brits can't. Good point.

I have no way of knowing how many seats are left. But the fact that I can find seats in every level up to $175 makes me think that a good chunk (more than 25%) of the house is unsold. This creates an interesting situation if Rogers takes a bath. He's on the hook to Ralphie and the NFL. Does he start dropping prices? Does he rebate people who already bought seats?

If this deal fails, it would definite hurt Toronto's future chances as an NFL city. Is that good or bad for Buffalo?

PTR

"It changes nothing for Buffalo, as the Bills in WNY are as good as gone no matter what." - PTR before he started this thread.

They definitely over-priced the tickets. As a Canadian fan in Ottawa with many friends in Toronto, the common comment I kept hearing prior to the seat sale was "why would I pay $175 for a ticket when I can drive to Buffalo and pay $30 for the same one? That, and I can actually TAIL GATE".

I was one of the "lucky" winners of the early admission draw. As soon as I saw the prices I balked. It would cost my friends and I less in gas, hotel and beer/food to go to Buffalo and hang out with the faithful than it would just for tickets to hang out with the snobby "elite" in Toronto.

Add it all up and you get what you get here. Fan APATHY to an expensive product. That and maybe stupid Toronto sports fans are just saving their cash so that they might be able to afford to go a Leafs game.

Leafs suck.

I heard the same complaint from some friends who are Canadian Bills fans.

They feel the TO experience will be too sterile.

As a consumer who travels to attend Bills games, my decision not to "take advantage" of my lottery selection was based primarily on the requirement of purchasing tickets to more than one game. That was a stupid (in my opinion) marketing decision. It's not as if fans are going to go to one NFL game and then lose interest. They should have offered a 2-game "season ticket" for this year that included a small discount, and otherwise offered anything from one to all eight games as a package.

Bad marketing job by the Canadians. Shrewd move by the Bills to get their money up front.

I read an article in the Sarasota paper the other day about the Jags. Seems they are having trouble selling tickets for 08 after they had a very good season last year, & MANY seats are already covered with a tarp. I think it said three of the first four games at home were blacked out last year.

What's the deal with Bills in Toronto tickets?

There's still a boatload left

1. They cost too much

2. they are a seperate purchase from the Season Tickets

3. you probably have to wait for the "Lottery" to be over

4. gas is too expensive

AND

5. you need a passport