Tickets are selling like crazy! 52,000 +

an upper deck season ticket will be pretty close to the same cost as after market tickets for a ticket to the opener and Monday Night game....

I'll be honest -- I'm thinking about getting a few more, solely to have some extra single-game seats available. (And I don't scalp. Broke even on the four extra Dallas tix I got last year, but I made sure they all went to Bills fans, so it's all good.)

I am glad fans are suporting the team this way, but am very sad to not be able to buy group tickets this year, ESPECIALLY for the home opener. I can always find a seat to a game, but it is harder or too expensive, to find seven together.

Good news and Bad news I guess.

Go Bills!

Well, let me debunk a couple myths in this thread with one response.

1. Despite all these developments you see, we're still bleeding population (5,000 loss in Erie County last year alone) and most developers are not planning major project going forward because of many reason, one predominany one being that the market for new homes is drying up with the loss of the younger generation. I work in the development field locally, I know all the players. It's dying. I'd love to throw the economic and social data up here and blast away at your "could not be further from the truth" statement but I don't have time right now. I will say that as a region, we're one of the more struggling in the country. Lumping a few rich suburbs into the equation and trying to extrapolate that over the entire county or region is a major error.

I am just pointing out that there is a lot of money in this area and I am not at all surprised by the sale of tickets. I may not have all the inside data, but I know Benderson has projects planned in Amherst. There are many new developments being built in Amherst, most almost completely sold. I don't think you can really "debunk" any of that as there not myths but facts, I can only comment on Amherst because that's where I live. But it can't be much different in OP, Clarence, or Williamsville. When I go out on the weekends every restaurant, bar, and store is packed, people are spending money. Maybe it's all smoke and mirrors, but it sure seems like there is a lot of money in this area. I'll stand by my comments that the suburbs are not as economically depressed as the city of Buffalo.

No. If they're announcing a sellout, the ONLY way you'll get tickets for that game directly from the Bills (except for the few seats that might open up after the Detroit game) is by buying seasons. You currently have two choices: either buy tickets for San Fran or New England from the Bills, or find seats for other games on eBay, StubHub, TicketExchange, etc.

I find that interesting....they announce that it's a sellout, yet they're still available to season ticket holders. I know the organization benefits more from the season ticket buyers, but geez. :D

I find that interesting....they announce that it's a sellout, yet they're still available to season ticket holders. I know the organization benefits more from the season ticket buyers, but geez. :D

it is a sellout to single game purchasers....I think it is a great idea to increase season tickets...

Why would they pass up an opportunity to sell a seat for eight games because someone wants it for one?

Why would they pass up an opportunity to sell a seat for eight games because someone wants it for one?

Because...because...because...it just doesn't seem FAIR. Wah.

It's kind of easy to pick out the youngsters around here, ya know? :D

IMO it is every Bills fan duty to buy a season ticket if you can afford it...they are not expensive and can easily be reold to offset the cost if you cannot make every game....except pre-season games

I think it is a great idea to increase season tickets...

Wrong. They have done nothing more than create a "demand" market, where one does not necessarily exist.

Reports are, that there are 8000 tickets held back for potential STHers. If the Bills think they are going to sell that many before now and the only preseason game in late August, well, god bless them.

Reality and history says that the Bills will slowly leak some tickets into the marketplace over the summer, but fans, who were told in early June that the first five games were "sold out" are left scrambling (i.e. TBD party crew)...is this any way to run an airline? I don't think so.

Wrong. They have done nothing more than create a "demand" market, where one does not necessarily exist.

Reports are, that there are 8000 tickets held back for potential STHers. If the Bills think they are going to sell that many before now and the only preseason game in late August, well, god bless them.

Reality and history says that the Bills will slowly leak some tickets into the marketplace over the summer, but fans, who were told in early June that the first five games were "sold out" are left scrambling (i.e. TBD party crew)...is this any way to run an airline? I don't think so.

what do you mean wrong....if there are NO tickets available for games you want to go to....you check out the Bills website and realize...holy sh--..I had no idea Bills season tickets were only $280-400( a reaction I get ALL of the time from people)...they buy tickets...seems pretty simple to me...

I think 8000 sounds about right. They most likely save some for season tickets initially, then probably open it up to group sales, plus the tickets reserved for the players. There will most likely be additional individual game tickets available before the start of the season. But currently while demand is high, it's probably a good time to sell those additional tickets you purchased. I never bought additional tickets before, but this year I have 2 for the opener and 2 for the Browns game, and still want to get a pair of additional seasons in a prime location. They've been selling above face for the past couple years, it really is a good investment. GO BILLS!!!

What reports? Link?

I find it hard to believe the Bills would hold back over 10% of the seats for "potential" ST buyers when they're already at the highest ST level since the team was going to Super Bowls.

Their BEST hope from this point forward would be an additional 2-3K new STHs before the season starts. I'm guessing they've held back 5K, tops.