Rays - Red Sox Bad Blood Results in Brawl

Bmwolf21

Nice job Shields! You have to protect your players- and Cocoa is a punk that deserves whatever happens to him. I can't he believe he tried to argue after that dirty slide. I just wish some one would of dropped Manny. I am sick of him showing up pitchers

Nice job Shields! You have to protect your players- and Cocoa is a punk that deserves whatever happens to him. I can't he believe he tried to argue after that dirty slide. I just wish some one would of dropped Manny. I am sick of him showing up pitchers

Nice job by Shields :lol: . Coco moved and hit him w. good solid straight right hand.

Nice job by Shields :lol: . Coco moved and hit him w. good solid straight right hand.

Nice job by Shield protecting his teammates. That was a dirty play by Cocoa and Shields had his teammates back. Hence the "Nice job" comment

Nice job by Shields :thumbsup: . Coco moved and hit him w. good solid straight right hand.

Yea right in the shoulder.... wow tough one for him

he got what he deserved when they piled on him and beat the sh-- out of him, he is nothing but a classless punk and due to his actions the night before he is lucky shields didn't drill him in the middle of the back or higher

LOL...Baseball Players fight like Woman...I am not sure any punch landed at any time during that fight....

Actually I think Coco took a bunch of shots at the bottom of the pile...

What a POS. Good for the Rays but they should have thrown at his head. Intent to injure deserves retaliation in kind.

Nice job by Shields :thumbsup: . Coco moved and hit him w. good solid straight right hand.

Uh...watch it again. Crisp missed too before getting piledriven into the dirt.

Crisp got exactly what he deserved. He took the shortstop out with a cheap slide into second the night before. He was stealing a base, not breaking up a DP. He slid like three feet from the bag and tried to hurt a guy in a 5-1 game in the 8th inning.

I have no sympathy for the cheap shots he took on the bottom of that dog pile.

I believe thats his actual name, and not a nickname

"Can't get enough of that Coco Crisp....................................... getting his @ss kicked by the Rays!"

His name is Covelli.

I believe thats his actual name, and not a nickname

"Can't get enough of that Coco Crisp....................................... getting his @ss kicked by the Rays!"

His name is Covelli.

Wiki says you're both right. His given name was Covelli Loyce Crisp, but on April 20, 2008 he officially changed his legal name to Coco. Not surprisingly there are no sources cited to confirm this.

whatever his name is- he is a POS

I was ticked that we sent him to Boston - especially since no one in Cleveland wants to give Andy Marte a legitimate shot to play regularly - but now Bah-stan can keep Crisp.

Wiki says you're both right. His given name was Covelli Loyce Crisp, but on April 20, 2008 he officially changed his legal name to Coco. Not surprisingly there are no sources cited to confirm this.

Yeah, I have to call BS on that one. Since that date is so recent (mid-season even), someone would have mentioned it on some kind of baseball broadcast.

Linkage

NEW YORK (AP) -- Boston Red Sox outfielder Coco Crisp, Tampa Bay Rays pitcher James Shields and six other players were suspended Friday following two altercations at Fenway Park.

Three Red Sox were suspended: Crisp for seven games, pitcher Jon Lester for five games and first baseman Sean Casey for three games.

Major League Baseball disciplinarian Bob Watson penalized five Rays: Shields for six games, outfielder Jonny Gomes and pitcher Edwin Jackson for five games, outfielder Carl Crawford for four games and second baseman Akinori Iwamura for three games.

All eight players also were fined undisclosed amounts, a day after a bench-clearing brawl in Boston's 7-1 win over the Rays.

Crisp, who made a hard slide into Iwamura on Wednesday night, was hit by a pitch from Shields the first time he came up Thursday night and charged the mound. Crisp and Shields threw punches, and mayhem followed.

The starting dates of the suspensions were staggered, so as to not leave either team shorthanded