rb situation

if he is busted he still is the starting rb...look at Jamal Lewis for crying out loud. He was a federally convicted felon and was suspended for only four games. Marshawn will still be here with a lucky probation officer getting autographs for his buddies.

if he is busted he still is the starting rb...look at Jamal Lewis for crying out loud. He was a federally convicted felon and was suspended for only four games. Marshawn will still be here with a lucky probation officer getting autographs for his buddies.

That was back in the Tagliabue (sp?) days though. Now that Goodell is running the show, I think the suspension would be more like 8 games.

I think if it comes to that, we stick with Fred Jackson as the primary back. Let's just hope it wasn't him.

In this era it's equivilant to Michael Vick.

If Lynch is busted, are we comfortable with Fred Jackson as the starter at rb? Do we bring in a veteran free agent?

ML will probably not face any jail time, the most you can get for an A-misdemeanor is a year. A judge will not throw the book at a person who has had limited trouble in the past, a member in good standing in the community with a good job. Unless the Judge is trying to make a name for himself or ML and his attorney start jerking the judge around he will not see the inside of ECJ. The x factor in this is Commisioner Goodell, which this being ML first bit of trouble since being in the NFL I would think that the most he would get would be a four game suspension if that. C. Henry, Tank, and Pac-man all had multiple run ins with the law. I think it will be interesting to see how the Commish deals with Harrison since it is his first offense as well. I feel pretty good in saying that ML will be told by RG to keep his nose clean and no suspension will be warranted. I have worries about why he(or whoever was driving) fled the scene, maybe they where intoxicated or just made a bad decision. If they would have stopped it would have been an accident(more then likely just a violation), civilly he would have had trouble but he is going to have that anyway now. Also I wonder if any other Bills where in the car with him, I have read that Steve Johnson and him are friends.

I really don't think that Marshawn will miss any time. Even worst case, if he was driving, no one got seriously injured, and more importantly, its not a national news story. As much as we complain about the Bills not getting any national exposure, this is a situation where it works in our favor. Imagine if this was T.Os car, it would be on the front page of espn.com every day. Without a lot of national attention, I don't think Goodell will feel pressure to suspend him. That being said, freddie jackson and Xavier "professor X" omon will tear it up if marshawn gets suspended.

If Lynch is busted, are we comfortable with Fred Jackson as the starter at rb? Do we bring in a veteran free agent?

If Lynch is innocent, he will be the Bills week 1 starting running back.

If Lynch is "busted", he will be the Bills week 1 starting running back.

I fixed your post.

My post was accurate and did not need any "fixing"! IF he is guilty and runs for 1500 yards with double digit TD's, and leads the Bills to the playoffs, will you not be cheering for that "PoS"? If he is guilty and you don't watch a minute of the Bills games this season because of it, then I applaud you. But guilty or not I will be cheering for him and the Bills along with everyone else on this board. May sound crass, but it's the truth. We can bag on these guys for doing all sorts of stupid things, but in the end we help to pay their million dollar contracts with ticket and merchandise purchases. He may never win humanitarian of the year. But if he helps the Bills win a SB, right or wrong, isn't that what it's all about....

I am very comfortable with our RB corps. Yes, I hope this crap with Lynch is resolved without costing him any playing time, but I strongly oppose bringing in any other back just because of this. Think about it -- we need to be prepared for our top guy to miss time anyway. This is the NFL where everyone is so big and hitting so hard that most starting RBs miss a game or more every season to injuries. If we don't have depth the coaching staff can have confidence in any way, we are in a lot of trouble.

That all said, I hope Marshawn is stalling so he can find a "buddy" willing to take the fall for some dough. Hell, for $50Gs, I'd do it.

I'm pretty sure that Marshawn will not be missing any time because of this. If he does miss time, he'll maybe miss 2 games (Jerramy Steven got 2 games from the commish for a getting another DWI.) If, for some reason, he misses an extended period of time I say we bolster our RB corps with a free agent. Which free agent? Lamont Jordan! Word is out that he's going to get released by the Raiders. I know he hasn't done much recently, but you can't deny that he has some talent. I'd take Jordan over a washed-up Shaun Alexander or a "Tail Between My Legs" Travis Henry at this point. Maybe it's just me.

My post was accurate and did not need any "fixing"! IF he is guilty and runs for 1500 yards with double digit TD's, and leads the Bills to the playoffs, will you not be cheering for that "PoS"? If he is guilty and you don't watch a minute of the Bills games this season because of it, then I applaud you. But guilty or not I will be cheering for him and the Bills along with everyone else on this board. May sound crass, but it's the truth. We can bag on these guys for doing all sorts of stupid things, but in the end we help to pay their million dollar contracts with ticket and merchandise purchases. He may never win humanitarian of the year. But if he helps the Bills win a SB, right or wrong, isn't that what it's all about....

His play on the field has nothing to do with the fact that if he is "busted" as you say, he is still a PoS off the field.

His play on the field has nothing to do with the fact that if he is "busted" as you say, he is still a PoS off the field.

That may be the case, as I am sure a lot of players in the NFL are. And it's "busted" as nuklz2594 says...