E moulds' house on the market

JK11

I'm pretty sure he does still own that house. I know people that live just down the street from there and that place hasn't been for sale since he left Buffalo. When that house was in the homeshow years ago I believe it won for best lanscaping, then after he moved in he had some of it removed for whatever reason. There used to be a few big trees in the front yard.

I'm pretty up to speed on the real estate game around here. To keep this thread going, here is McGahee's house, haha

I've walked through this one too. It's actually one of the smaller houses on the street. He started off at 724k here it sits all these months later. Look at HIS taxes!!! The Horizons homeshow is in that subdivision this July (third time it's been there). If any of you want to go and gawk and dream it's interesting to see how the other half lives. The houses there START at where Moulds' house is priced!

http://property.buffaloniagarahomes.com/pr...property_type=1

I'm pretty sure he does still own that house. I know people that live just down the street from there and that place hasn't been for sale since he left Buffalo. When that house was in the homeshow years ago I believe it won for best lanscaping, then after he moved in he had some of it removed for whatever reason. There used to be a few big trees in the front yard.

I'm pretty up to speed on the real estate game around here. To keep this thread going, here is McGahee's house, haha

I've walked through this one too. It's actually one of the smaller houses on the street. He started off at 724k here it sits all these months later. Look at HIS taxes!!! The Horizons homeshow is in that subdivision this July (third time it's been there). If any of you want to go and gawk and dream it's interesting to see how the other half lives. The houses there START at where Moulds' house is priced!

http://property.buffaloniagarahomes.com/pr...property_type=1

JK in CA even with the drastic decrease in home prices----519K doesnt buy you much unless you are in some godforsaken oart of the central valley.I mean--you can get a nice house for that outside of LA or SF areas,,,but nothing more than a 2500 sq ft ranch on a third acre.

Oh I know we are lucky around here when it comes to home prices...it's just the property taxes that are a killer.

In Novemeber I bought a condo. Taxes on it aren't near as bad as a single family home in this area. If home prices here were like they are out in places like California we would be stuck renting right now.

Any takers?? As far as I know he still owns it. This is the first time it's been for sale since he left Buffalo. Gotta love those wny property taxes! I was in this place back when it was a model....very impressive. One of the pics shows his basketball court in the backyard. Remember his old NBA dreams? haha

http://property.buffaloniagarahomes.com/pr...roperty_type=1#

Yes, property taxes are high, but house prices are rock bottom...

no offense, but I'll take our property taxes and pay $100,000 for a home versus saving a few grand on property taxes and paying $300,000 for a home that is half as big as the one you can get for $100,000 here...

I noticed that the bookshelves in mcgahees house contain no books. is anyone else not surprised?

BTW, why are you folks complaining about property taxes? They are much higher here in rochester.

Do you think Willis McGahee can read? I would say its 50/50 on that one.

Jesus $519,000 - THAT'S IT!!! Almost makes me want to move back.

$519,000 isn't buying much here. For that amount, you'd could either to demolish and rebuild as it's be that bad. Or your neighbor would be about 1" from your property.

$519,000 isn't buying much here. For that amount, you'd could either to demolish and rebuild as it's be that bad. Or your neighbor would be about 1" from your property.

Where I am that gets you a mansion on a beautiful lake.......

Yes, property taxes are high, but house prices are rock bottom...

no offense, but I'll take our property taxes and pay $100,000 for a home versus saving a few grand on property taxes and paying $300,000 for a home that is half as big as the one you can get for $100,000 here...

Its all relative...taxes are in theory money being flushed down the toilet. If you can pay the same taxes on a house worth 3x's as much, its a better investment 10-20yrs down the road when you go to sell it. Assuming you make 5%/yr in appreciation, and you're paying 6k/yr in taxes on both properties after 10 years each homeowner pays 60k in taxes, however buffalo house at 100k would be worth about 163k, whereas house B in JOESCHMOEville worth 400k would be worth 651k. You basically break even in buffalo, whereas house B you actually gain principle of 191,000. Thats the main difference.