Belicheating getting more media coverage

:D

Belichick is practice cheat

May 23, 2008 -- Bill Belichick and the Patriots violated league rules by using players on the injured reserve list in practices, a former New England lineman said yesterday.

Ross Tucker, a former offensive lineman who played for five teams in a seven-year NFL career, reiterated his contention that the Patriots used injured players illegally during an interview on ESPN's "NFL Live." Tucker first wrote about it last week on SI.com.

Was on SC this AM

As an homage to LSI: :D nice

Good, Belicheat is getting more negative press from his own media outlet as well as the national ones. Phuc Beel Bellycheck

The only thing i am getting sick and tired of hearing is all these things "were of minimal benefit" . BS, kinda like stealing a penny at a time, like in Office Space, it all adds up. When does the totality of his cheating move from the realm of minimal benefit to he CHEATED and it helped the Pats win!! Plain and simple

I love when Tucker said he mentioned it to Troy Brown in '05, and Brown said, "Every team in the league does it." :D

It's great that the guy who played for ONE TEAM his entire career ('93-'07) is telling the guy who played for 5 teams in 7 years what the rest of the league is doing.

I love when Tucker said he mentioned it to Troy Brown in '05, and Brown said, "Every team in the league does it." :D

It's great that the guy who played for ONE TEAM his entire career ('93-'07) is telling the guy who played for 5 teams in 7 years what the rest of the league is doing.

So, does the fact that Brown said that indicate a simple reflex response, or does it mean the team in general was aware that rules were being bent? If the latter is the case, that suggests that the team leadership was encouraging both a culture of rule breaking (which raises questions about earlier HGH discussions, no?), and that players were encouraged to downplay its significance.

Brown's comments show that the players on the Pats are basically fooled into thinking that their rule breaking is common place. Tucker and the reaction from the NFL Live set with several former players who had never seen it done on teams they played for certainly shoots down that fallacy.

This is actually a pretty significant advantage. Imagine if Poz had been able to practice the last 5 weeks of the season - he'd be a better player and our linebacking corps would have been less worn down by the end of the year. It's basically inflating your roster/practice squad size.

It could make the difference in a game or two a year - especially late in the year games.

'Bill* Belichick*, serial cheat.'

Say it often enough and that will become his epigram.

I suppose he would explain away his involvement in an adulterous affair, too: "I didn't enjoy it that much."

kj

The balance of teams in the AFC East should be invited to provide a spotter for all Pat's* practices during the 2008 and 2009 seasons to encourage Belichick* to end this heinous violation of league rules.

The balance of teams in the AFC East should be invited to provide a spotter for all Pat's* practices during the 2008 and 2009 seasons to encourage Belichick* to end this heinous violation of league rules.

The whole issue could be easily solved by banning Belicheat from the NFL, heavily fining Krafty Bob, and suspending anyone on Belicheat's coaching staff from last season. Let the Dom Capers era begin for the New England Shift-8's.

The only thing i am getting sick and tired of hearing is all these things "were of minimal benefit"

Yeah, that's why he kept doing them for 8 years and even after getting warned. :D

But, but, but.... everyone does it, so its ok.

Ok, that defense is off the list, so I guess New England fans now fall back on the "everyone is out to get us" complaint.

This does make you wonder about that whole Ted Johnson situation.

The whole issue could be easily solved by banning Belicheat from the NFL, heavily fining Krafty Bob, and suspending anyone on Belicheat's coaching staff from last season. Let the Dom Capers era begin for the New England Shift-8's.

I am increasingly more surprised that Bellicheat* has not, at the very least, been suspended for some games.

Dallas QB Coach Wade Wilson caught buying steroids online: $100K fine and FOUR GAME SUSPENSION.

Head Coach Bill Bellicheat* caught cheating for eight years: $500K fine (a tab easily picked up by Krafty Bob) and NO, NONE, ZERO, ZIP, NADA Suspension.

Makes you wonder if Goodell spits or swallows.

I am increasingly more surprised that Bellicheat* has not, at the very least, been suspended for some games.

Dallas QB Coach Wade Wilson caught buying steroids online: $100K fine and FOUR GAME SUSPENSION.

Head Coach Bill Bellicheat* caught cheating for eight years: $500K fine (a tab easily picked up by Krafty Bob) and NO, NONE, ZERO, ZIP, NADA Suspension.

Makes you wonder if the whole slap on the wrist was negotiated in order to make the reality of how extensive the cheating was get overlooked. The fine was really pennies for Krafty Bob to come up with, as he knew he was going to raise parking, concessions and tickets this offseason. The first round pick was moot, as they had two. Sure, to most people who are fans of the NFL a fine of that size seems astronomical, and on paper they can say "Hey, we took a first round pick away." But the reality is he cheated for eight years and nothing happened.

But, but, but.... everyone does it, so its ok.

Ok, that defense is off the list, so I guess New England fans now fall back on the "everyone is out to get us" complaint.

This does make you wonder about that whole Ted Johnson situation.

It is funny. It'd be like Spitzer standing up at his press conference and saying that all politicians order prostitutes.

Sure, some do...

But ONLY YOU got caught, and it STILL DOESN'T MAKE IT LEGAL

Wade Wilson was taking the HGH for his diabetes, Belicheat obviously doesn't have a leg or crutch to stand on here. :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: Roger Goodell.

P.S. I want that the :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: smiley back :D

[/b]

Makes you wonder if the whole slap on the wrist was negotiated in order to make the reality of how extensive the cheating was get overlooked.

I'm of the thinking that at least in Goodell's mind, he's stuck balancing the league damage to the effectiveness of any additional penalties to the Pats*, and by his measure any further action creates far more damage to the league than the effect it will have on cheating.

I hate to agree with him, but it's a reasonable conclusion. If he speaks of the importance of Walsh now uncovering the Offensive signal taping and the further Pats* violations at other elements of the game, it becomes more and more clear that the Patriot's* cheating has probably been worth 2 scores per game to them. And with their cheating worth a minimum of 10 points per game on average, there is the inconvenient little fact that the Pats* don't win any of their Super Bowls, in fact they don't even play in any of those games, if they don't have that 2 score cushion. Goodell just can't find any way to effectively penalize the Patriots* without creating the bigger problem of being left with three unawarded Super Bowls.

I'm of the thinking that at least in Goodell's mind, he's stuck balancing the league damage to the effectiveness of any additional penalties to the Pats*, and by his measure any further action creates far more damage to the league than the effect it will have on cheating.

I hate to agree with him, but it's a reasonable conclusion. If he speaks of the importance of Walsh now uncovering the Offensive signal taping and the further Pats* violations at other elements of the game, it becomes more and more clear that the Patriot's* cheating has probably been worth 2 scores per game to them. And with their cheating worth a minimum of 10 points per game on average, there is the inconvenient little fact that the Pats* don't win any of their Super Bowls, in fact they don't even play in any of those games, if they don't have that 2 score cushion. Goodell just can't find any way to effectively penalize the Patriots* without creating the bigger problem of being left with three unawarded Super Bowls.

as Spector has pointed out - the league has a huge conflict of interest in this matter and that's why an independent investigation should happen because the league isn't going to police itself honestly when its integrity is at issue.

the easy solution is to ban the man at the controls, for life. 8+ years of knowingly cheating while racking up 3 Superbowls demands more than even a 1 year suspension, let alone a wrist slap that they've gotten. Also its actually not fair to the franchise itself that it should solely suffer for the actions of its coach - which taking away draft picks does (not that I don't like it).

In a twisted way, I'm starting to side with the NFL on this....just make it go away. :D

Seriously, it *shouldn't* just go away.

I can see 20 years from now where Belichick does a Pete Rose and actually admits to it all. :wallbash:

It is funny. It'd be like Spitzer standing up at his press conference and saying that all politicians order prostitutes.

Sure, some do...

But ONLY YOU got caught, and it STILL DOESN'T MAKE IT LEGAL

:D Exactly, a common breakdown in logic. All Patriot trolls, please access the following link if you still do not understand the above point: http://www.nizkor.org/features/fallacies/t...ke-a-right.html