Hillary wins another swing state

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NHPR's Laura Knoy: "So, if you value the DNC calendar, why not just pull out of Michigan? Why not just say, Hey Michigan, I'm off the ballot?"

Hillary Clinton: "Well, you know, It's clear, this election they're having is not going to count for anything"

http://www.jabberwonk.com/flinker.cfm?cliid=zydzt

So why didn't Obama take his name off of the Florida ballot?

So why didn't Obama take his name off of the Florida ballot?

Nobody dropped off the FL ballot. Even the candidates who droped out of the race. Not really sure why.

Clinton did campaign in FL though, against everyones wishes. Of course she said it wasn't campaigning, but that was about as good of an excuse as the "I'm not smoking, my cigarette is..." line that I used to give to my teachers.

Nobody dropped off the FL ballot. Even the candidates who droped out of the race. Not really sure why.

Clinton did campaign in FL though, against everyones wishes. Of course she said it wasn't campaigning, but that was about as good of an excuse as the "I'm not smoking, my cigarette is..." line that I used to give to my teachers.

Technically, fund-raising isn't campaigning.

Technically, fund-raising isn't campaigning.

Techinically, no it isn't. You are right about that.

http://politicalwire.com/archives/2007/09/...in_florida.html

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/nakedpoliti...ry-clinton.html

But I think this snippet sums it all up quite nicely:

Guests were asked to bring $1 to $5, technically making the event a fundraiser that is exempt from the Democratic field's pledge not to campaign in Florida.

"The money was not the focus, but that's the way we had to do it,'' Bird said. "The whole idea was to have some holiday fun. Everybody brought a dish to share and we got to listen to a fabulous candidate."

That tells me everyone knew it was campaigning, with a nod and a wink at least. Spirit of the law vs. letter of the law kinda thing.

Yep, I know, though I would hesitate to call it campaigning, simply because those events are usually not very large, and not something a campaign would normally do, either. I seriously doubt it had much, if any impact on the voting.

Sketchy? Sure.

NHPR's Laura Knoy: "So, if you value the DNC calendar, why not just pull out of Michigan? Why not just say, Hey Michigan, I'm off the ballot?"

Hillary Clinton: "Well, you know, It's clear, this election they're having is not going to count for anything"

http://www.jabberwonk.com/flinker.cfm?cliid=zydzt

She stated a correct fact. According to the DNC ruling at the time, the election wasn't going to be counted. But she believed it should, and will make that arguement when the DNC committee rules on Florida and Michigan after the primaries. I expect they will end up seating half the delegates, or all the delegates but only let them count as half a delegate vote. But once they are seated, those who say the popular vote doesn't count won't have an arguement because it will have been used to determine the delegate split, which will make it legitimate in the eyes of the DNC.

She stated a correct fact. According to the DNC ruling at the time, the election wasn't going to be counted. But she believed it should, and will make that arguement when the DNC committee rules on Florida and Michigan after the primaries. I expect they will end up seating half the delegates, or all the delegates but only let them count as half a delegate vote. But once they are seated, those who say the popular vote doesn't count won't have an arguement because it will have been used to determine the delegate split, which will make it legitimate in the eyes of the DNC.

What is the reasoning or purpose for her saying "it clear won't count" as an answer to the question "if you value the DNC calendar, why don't you pull out" if she really meant "it clearly should count".

I really liked Bill Clinton, and still do despite his major personality defects. And I like a lot of the stances that Hillary has taken as well as programs. I love the idea of a woman being President, too. It's a disgrace we haven't had one yet from either party. I think she's extremely smart in a lot of ways. But I simply don't believe a word she says, even when she's being honest. Because she is one of the most disingenuous people in the public eye. Even Bill wasn't nearly as bad as this and he was horrible. At least Bill has the talent to make a lot of his crap appear as if he is not politicking. She doesn't have that talent, and she often, if not regularly, just comes across, and is, full of crap. All politicians are to some extent, sure. Obama, too. But she says things you know for sure she doesn't believe, and doesn't even look like she means it. That's a major problem, and why she isn't going to win.

What is the reasoning or purpose for her saying "it clear won't count" as an answer to the question "if you value the DNC calendar, why don't you pull out" if she really meant "it clearly should count".

I really liked Bill Clinton, and still do despite his major personality defects. And I like a lot of the stances that Hillary has taken as well as programs. I love the idea of a woman being President, too. It's a disgrace we haven't had one yet from either party. I think she's extremely smart in a lot of ways. But I simply don't believe a word she says, even when she's being honest. Because she is one of the most disingenuous people in the public eye. Even Bill wasn't nearly as bad as this and he was horrible. At least Bill has the talent to make a lot of his crap appear as if he is not politicking. She doesn't have that talent, and she often, if not regularly, just comes across, and is, full of crap. All politicians are to some extent, sure. Obama, too. But she says things you know for sure she doesn't believe, and doesn't even look like she means it. That's a major problem, and why she isn't going to win.

Can't wait to hear the preprogrammed Pasta Joe response.

:D

How can you say this about Hillary and in the same post say you really like Bill. Do you really think she's any different from her husband? I think she learned her slimeball tactics from one of the best.

How can you say this about Hillary and in the same post say you really like Bill. Do you really think she's any different from her husband? I think she learned her slimeball tactics from one of the best.

I would say they've learned a lot from each other.

One thing is for sure: Bill Clinton was and is, without a doubt, one of the most talented politicians of his generation. The man just has the gift.

Which puts him pretty high on the "people whose life I'd like to snuff out" list.

I get it. You are one of those Rush Limbaugh robots. I don't listen to him much but am having the Bently's entertainment console upgraded so could only get AM today. He was saying the EXACT same thing you are. You are just parroting Rush. Try to think for yourself.

I get it. You are one of those Rush Limbaugh robots. *BOUNCE! MOTHER !@#$ER MOTHER !@#$ER MOTHER !@#$ER !@#$ER BOUNCE!* I don't listen to him much but am having the Bently's entertainment console upgraded so could only get AM today. He was saying the EXACT same thing you are. You are just parroting Rush. Try to think for yourself.

So her logic on this is like her voting logic... I'll go along with it but hope something else happens. I'll follow the DNC rules, but do and wish for something else.

Funny thing is, that since you quoted it, you might be on it as well.

Sh*t... maybe the MLB helicopters that hover over my house will crash into the NSA ones. Two blackbirds, one stone. :D