Hillary wins another swing state

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course - a "revote" in order to insure integrity of the process and fairness to all had to meet those criteria. Given the time and logistics constraints it wasn't possible.

Republicans could understand that of course because it was based on "time" that they forced the 2000 election decision. Apparently if the election wasn't certified by a certain date, the world was going to explode. Or something like that. Good thing it didn't happen (until 9/11). But that's a different thread.

You are aware that the networks and cable crowd's early predictions of a Bush victory in FLA affected the vote, and that since then, they delay their pronouncements. Without their jumping the gun, Bush wins FLA by a bigger margin.

Just a detail worth repeating. Along with the Dems instituting the so-called "butterfly ballots" in the contested counties they controlled in the first place, eh?

Inconvenient Truths? :D

You are aware that the network's early predictions of a Bush victory in FLA affected the vote, and that since then, they delay their pronouncements. Without their jumping the gun, Bush wins FLA by a bigger margin.

Just a detail worth repeating. Along with the Dems instituting the so-called "butterfly ballots" in the contested counties they controlled in the first place, eh?

Inconvenient Truths? :D

The VNS actually called it for Gore early, and incorrectly reported poll closing times, which suppressed the Bush vote. The organization was disbanded and blown up, switched to the NEP, which was using new methodology to do exit polling and results (which was completely disorganized and inaccurate), and then switched back to a reformed version of the VNS.

What is the reasoning or purpose for her saying "it clear won't count" as an answer to the question "if you value the DNC calendar, why don't you pull out" if she really meant "it clearly should count".

I really liked Bill Clinton, and still do despite his major personality defects. And I like a lot of the stances that Hillary has taken as well as programs. I love the idea of a woman being President, too. It's a disgrace we haven't had one yet from either party. I think she's extremely smart in a lot of ways. But I simply don't believe a word she says, even when she's being honest. Because she is one of the most disingenuous people in the public eye. Even Bill wasn't nearly as bad as this and he was horrible. At least Bill has the talent to make a lot of his crap appear as if he is not politicking. She doesn't have that talent, and she often, if not regularly, just comes across, and is, full of crap. All politicians are to some extent, sure. Obama, too. But she says things you know for sure she doesn't believe, and doesn't even look like she means it. That's a major problem, and why she isn't going to win.

People say they don't believe what Hillary says. What do you think she's going to do that contrasts with what she's said if she's president? Do you think she's going to continue the Bush policy in Iraq? Not increase diplomatic efforts internationally? Do you think she's not going to push for healthcare? Is she going to lower the taxes on the wealthiest? Appoint conservative judges? I'm voting on the issues and who I think can best enact them. I'll leave voting for personality to American Idol.

People say they don't believe what Hillary says. What do you think she's going to do that contrasts with what she's said if she's president? Do you think she's going to continue the Bush policy in Iraq? Not increase diplomatic efforts internationally? Do you think she's not going to push for healthcare? Is she going to lower the taxes on the wealthiest? Appoint conservative judges? I'm voting on the issues and who I think can best enact them. I'll leave voting for personality to American Idol.

And you believe Hillary is the BEST to enact the issues that are important to you? How do you get that? What has she really done to prove that?

And you believe Hillary is the BEST to enact the issues that are important to you? How do you get that? What has she really done to prove that?

And you believe Obama is the BEST to enact the issues that are important to you? How do you get that? What has he really done to prove that?

And you believe Obama is the BEST to enact the issues that are important to you? How do you get that? What has he really done to prove that?

He promotes free rock concerts. What else do you need?

Fair enough question.

I voted for him because to me, he is not the typical Hillary/McCain type of politician. And also because he is NOT Hillary. I do not believe anything that Hillary says, I do not trust Hillary on anything. She flip flops entirely way to much.

Fair enough question.

I voted for him because to me, he is not the typical Hillary/McCain type of politician. And also because he is NOT Hillary. I do not believe anything that Hillary says, I do not trust Hillary on anything. She flip flops entirely way to much.

Has he done anything to prove this, or is this based off of a feeling you have about him?

Has he done anything to prove this, or is this based off of a feeling you have about him?

If you can't see the difference between Hillary and Obama something is wrong. Hell just look at her comments... she's for NAFTA, she's now against NAFTA, she voted for a bill that she hoped would lose, she agreed with the DNC rules (Florida and Michigan), she's now against them

Hell, Bill Clinton tried to do that with his triangulation strategy.

Okay...how about "He's not a pathologically lying, sniveling weasel with no strongly held beliefs who tries to please everyone at all times." Which has been the Clinton SOP right from "Don't ask, don't tell."

If you can't see the difference between Hillary and Obama something is wrong. Hell just look at her comments... she's for NAFTA, she's now against NAFTA, she voted for a bill that she hoped would lose, she agreed with the DNC rules (Florida and Michigan), she's now against them

Obama doesn't talk outside of both sides of his mouth?

In Florida, he's for NASA funding; outside of Florida, he's against it.

He supported the good reverend, then had to denounce him after "shocking" comments (which weren't anything new).

His talk doesn't match up with his plans on his website.

Oh, and: http://www.slate.com//id/2189485

Okay...how about "He's not a pathologically lying, sniveling weasel with no strongly held beliefs who tries to please everyone at all times." Which has been the Clinton SOP right from "Don't ask, don't tell."

He seems to tell people what they want to hear in certain situations, even if it contradicts previous statements. I don't really see how that makes him all that different from McCain or most candidates.

Obama doesn't talk outside of both sides of his mouth?

In Florida, he's for NASA funding; outside of Florida, he's against it.

He supported the good reverend, then had to denounce him after "shocking" comments (which weren't anything new).

His talk doesn't match up with his plans on his website.

Oh, and: http://www.slate.com//id/2189485

Yeah, he's a politician. What's your point?