anyone know why

If I remember right, rookies are not allowed to attend OTAs until their schools final exams are completed.

Flacco is running into that situation in Baltimore. Even though he dropped out, he still cannot attend all camps because Delaware has not had their final exams yet.

Linky

he probably has to serve a 4 year commitment before he can play in the NFL :blink:

And even if he did, so what? he's out there on the line so your dumb ass can spout out whatever mongoloid crap that you usually do on here.

And even if he did, so what? he's out there on the line so your dumb ass can spout out whatever mongoloid crap that you usually do on here.

Stop it. That's a load of crap, and I'm calling you on it. He's not "out there", he's in West Point. God love him for having the brains and initiative to bust his nuts through that program. And he did it concurrently with working his way through a sports program. THAT'S saying something as regards the character of the kid. Truth be told, he's my "feel-good" player on the Bills roster this year. Of course, I'm the guy that picked Kevin Everett last year during the off season, so take my picks with a grain of salt the size of Montana.

This all having been said, Viti made a choice - a CHOICE - to step into a little-used program that allows talented athletes in military academies to take advantage of their God-given abilities on the the gridiron/court/rink to pursue a career in professional athletics with the proviso that they act as recruiters for the military. It's good strategy and policy by the Pentagon. It's not an accident. It's the reason people like Ronald Reagan made recruiting films showing wounds made of ketchup/catsup while Joe Lunch Pail was getting his ass shot off in places that people like you couldn't pronounce, much less find on a map. Symbolism sells, and this military needs all the help it can get in hitting its recruting goals. Let's just call it for what it is, and let it rest.

Stop it. That's a load of crap, and I'm calling you on it. He's not "out there", he's in West Point. God love him for having the brains and initiative to bust his nuts through that program. And he did it concurrently with working his way through a sports program. THAT'S saying something as regards the character of the kid. Truth be told, he's my "feel-good" player on the Bills roster this year. Of course, I'm the guy that picked Kevin Everett last year during the off season, so take my picks with a grain of salt the size of Montana.

This all having been said, Viti made a choice - a CHOICE - to step into a little-used program that allows talented athletes in military academies to take advantage of their God-given abilities on the the gridiron/court/rink to pursue a career in professional athletics with the proviso that they act as recruiters for the military. It's good strategy and policy by the Pentagon. It's not an accident. It's the reason people like Ronald Reagan made recruiting films showing wounds made of ketchup/catsup while Joe Lunch Pail was getting his ass shot off in places that people like you couldn't pronounce, much less find on a map. Symbolism sells, and this military needs all the help it can get in hitting its recruting goals. Let's just call it for what it is, and let it rest.

The "little used" program didn't exist when he signed up. So he had zero intention or even dreams of taking advantage of his God given abilities as an athlete. Sure he made a choice after four years of college, and yet he still plans to fulfill his military obligation after his football career, if he has one, ends. So he did put himself "out on the line". It was West Point that changed the rules.

The "little used" program didn't exist when he signed up. So he had zero intention or even dreams of taking advantage of his God given abilities as an athlete. Sure he made a choice after four years of college, and yet he still plans to fulfill his military obligation after his football career, if he has one, ends. So he did put himself "out on the line". It was West Point that changed the rules.

And I think it was only West Point no?

I do not believe Navy and Air Force have adopted this rule, and I am pretty sure that athletic powerhouse the Coast Guard Academy has not either

That's the point. He made the CHOICE. He went in as an artillery officer, and came out as a recruiting officer. A choice. West Point changed the rules? So what? That's like saying someone opened the door. It is up to the next person to walk through the open doorway. Not all thresholds need be crossed.

Apologies. I don't want to get into a diatribe about this young man for whom I'm thrilled is playing for the Bills. But let's cool down on the hero worship. He's not "out there on the line" in some trench with a rifle. He went to a good college, did very well. and took advantage of the opportunities put in front of him, like so many of the posters on this board that ended up doing something differently than they'd envisioned in their first year of college. Good for him. I'm glad he's wearing the Bills colors.

West Points' Graduation is not until 31 May. Unlike "regular" colleges he can't just leave before then.

Negative. He was in camp Tuesday and it is not May 31 yet. He probably had a prior military exercise commitment.

http://buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=6090

Attendance

Brian Moorman and college free agent FB Mike Viti were practicing today after missing Monday's voluntary workout.