Sporting News Power Rankings

Sort of a boring poll. It looks like he just put last years end to the beginning of next season.

I agree. I think there is a very good chance the Packers fall further down in the standings than #8, without Favre...also, I will be very surprised if the Giants make it back to the conference championship game, let alone go to another Super Bowl. Not to take anything away from their Super Bowl win (I was pulling for them), but, they were as lucky as they were good on their end run last season...true they play in the inferior conference (top to bottom), but I just don't think they are a threat to be wondering about their chances at becoming a dynasty any time soon.

If you click on the team reports section his entire write up on the Bills is about the future of ashton youboty. With all the stuff going on with the bills it seems kind of strange that someone would focus an entire write up of the state of the team on a backup corner who was a 3rd round draft pick. I wonder if the author is related to him or something.

Peter King likes us in his preseason rankings

13th overall, 7th best team in the AFC

They most likely use the same source to make their picks.

Most of the stuff that you read is all taken from the AP and ammended or reworded.

In this instance reworded after a dinner of magic mushrooms.

IIRC 13 out of 32 .... is only slightly better than last season's guesses.

Nice. That puts them at the top of the rankings among the other 11 clubs who were 8 -8 or 7 -9 and missed the playoffs last season.

Preseason "Power Rankings" carry all the relevance of the idiotic "mock drafts" that had us taking a WR with the 11th pick.

I don't know. The draft we just went through seems geared toward bringing down the pats, starting with taking the best cornerback available (Randy Moss deterrent) and getting help in the passing game. I do think 13th is a realistic and objective evaluation, but I'm hoping for a better finish than that, and tend to think we drafted with this year and this competition (the Patsies) in mind.

Yea

can one of the mods get on this clown? Either way to put Seattle ahead of the bills in a league-wide ranking for the simple (1 sentence) reasoning that they are in a easy division betrays this guy's stupidity right there. Not even worth posting. We'll see how the Hawks handle with NO running game again this year and their #1 receiver is 37 years old.

can one of the mods get on this clown? Either way to put Seattle ahead of the bills in a league-wide ranking for the simple (1 sentence) reasoning that they are in a easy division betrays this guy's stupidity right there. Not even worth posting. We'll see how the Hawks handle with NO running game again this year and their #1 receiver is 37 years old.

Leave Deep Voice alone.

Watch his sig! :lol:

Yeah I liked trading places too...doesn't discount the fact he's a moron

Hawks have a nice one two punch at running back this year. They got Carlson in the draft. They have Nate Burleson (sp) and a couple guys that showed promise last year. I am not sure you know what you are talking about. This is a team that has some talent. (Sorry I live near Seattle and hear their talk radio all day)

Hawks have a nice one two punch at running back this year. They got Carlson in the draft. They have Nate Burleson (sp) and a couple guys that showed promise last year. I am not sure you know what you are talking about. This is a team that has some talent. (Sorry I live near Seattle and hear their talk radio all day)

"Nice 1-2 punch" huh? You referring to J. Jones and M. Morris? Or maybe Jones and T.J. Duckett? Yes that sounds mighty formidable. Sorry maybe I don't know what I'm talking about but those combos don't strike fear in my heart going into week 1. Face it buddy their running game has been garbage since Mack Strong left the team. You think Owen Schmitt is going to step in right away and fill those shoes as a rookie?

Nate Burleson? He's a cast-off and, as you correctly pointed out, is now relegated to special teams. D. Branch? yet to catch over 55 balls or play a full season in seattle. Engram is the only proven guy and like I said and he's 37. Carlson won't beat out Putzier for the starting tight end job.

Sorry bro but I don't just fling sh-- against the wall and see if it sticks I do know what I am talking about I do follow football. I respect Seattle's D I think they have outstanding players in Tutupu and Trufant. And if you read the story linked at the top of the post and my response to it, you would realize I was mostly criticizing the author's reasoning for placing Seattle higher on his power rankings, not the team itself. His 1 sentence "reasoning" for their placement was their weak division; nothing was spoken about the actual talent on the team.