The Detroit Pistons

I know I'm a bit biased because I'm a big Orlando Magic fan, and maybe I'm just venting a bit, but this team is awfully full of themselves for a team who has only won one championship in their current run of success. Not to mention that the one championship was against a dysfunctional Lakers team who came into the series overconfident.

The bump, they push, they elbow, they get in players faces, and they get in ref's faces and they get away with it.

Theo Ratliff is even trash talking--and I was thinking..."dude, I didn't even know you were still in the league..STFU!!"

The malfunctioning clock at the end of the third quarter of game 2 and the allowing of that 3 pointer was a horrendous call reminiscent of calls that have gone against the Bills in the past.

Going to the game tonight.

Here's to hoping the Magic can get back into this series with a win tonight! :wallbash::w00t:

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know I'm a bit biased because I'm a big Orlando Magic fan, and maybe I'm just venting a bit, but this team is awfully full of themselves for a team who has only won one championship in their current run of success. Not to mention that the one championship was against a dysfunctional Lakers team who came into the series overconfident.

The bump, they push, they elbow, they get in players faces, and they get in ref's faces and they get away with it.

Theo Ratliff is even trash talking--and I was thinking..."dude, I didn't even know you were still in the league..STFU!!"

The malfunctioning clock at the end of the third quarter of game 2 and the allowing of that 3 pointer was a horrendous call reminiscent of calls that have gone against the Bills in the past.

Here's to hoping the Magic can get back into this series with a win tonight! :wallbash::)

In my best LSI: :w00t:.

I'm a Magic fan as well, and I am already sick of the Pistons. Didn't like them back when they were the "bad boys," still pissed about how the Grant Hill thing worked out (you know, since he came from Motown) and disturbed by both the weird bald spot on the back of 'Sheed's head and Rip Hamilton's weird face shield. More disgusted with the NBA on that 3-pointer that shouldn't have counted, but really puzzled and disgusted by Hedo's spastic shot ate in the game where he flung the ball off the backboard from beyond the arc with 23 left on the shot clock...

Here's to hoping the Magic can get back into this series with a win tonight! :wallbash::w00t:

I don't hate them. I haven't watched the NBA much since the Bflo Braves' demise. What little I have seen since was three dummies setting up two players for 30 foot shots. If the NBA folded, I would have to notice in somehow on the daily sports pages.

Months could pass if I missed that short blurb... :)

The new "bad boys"....no match for my Celtics!!!! (I hope!)

Actually, always hated the Pistons, since way back...Orlando doesn't bother me...I think the playoffs have been fun. If New Orleans knocks out the Spurs (the Spurs do not look good), I think whichever team makes it from the east has a real shot at winning it all...

The new "bad boys"....no match for my Celtics!!!! (I hope!)

Actually, always hated the Pistons, since way back...Orlando doesn't bother me...I think the playoffs have been fun. If New Orleans knocks out the Spurs (the Spurs do not look good), I think whichever team makes it from the east has a real shot at winning it all...

I always have, and always will hate the pistons. Go Celts!

I only watch the NBA if LeBron is involved. That said, I hate the Pistons with a passion.

Did you see the game last night? LJ had only something like 6 pts, Paul Pierce had something like 8, and Ray Allan had 0...but it was still a great game. LeBron missed a clean layup, that would have tied the game up in the final seconds...very strange. The Celtics tried to foul him, but he refs let it go. If he had made it, and the Cavs had ended up winning, Celtic fans would be crying over the "no-call" against their own team...

LeBron scares me...he is going to go off, I predict, tomorrow night. This is going to be a great series. Both of these teams play good defense. I think every game is going to come down to the wire...

Did you see the game last night? LJ had only something like 6 pts, Paul Pierce had something like 8, and Ray Allan had 0...but it was still a great game. LeBron missed a clean layup, that would have tied the game up in the final seconds...very strange. The Celtics tried to foul him, but he refs let it go. If he had made it, and the Cavs had ended up winning, Celtic fans would be crying over the "no-call" against their own team...

LeBron scares me...he is going to go off, I predict, tomorrow night. This is going to be a great series. Both of these teams play good defense. I think every game is going to come down to the wire...

The best thing the Cavs have going for them after last night is the fact that they lost by 3 with LeBron having the worst game possible.

I love the Pistons with a passion.

They're getting their asses kicked right now.

WOOOO HOOOOOO!!!

Now that's more like it!!

I hope that Billups injury looked as bad on TV as it did in person.

Although I don't wish serious injury on anyone(just enough to keep him out of the series :blink: ), obviously that would be a huge break for the Magic. He's been a matchup problem for Orlando for years.

In reference to my initial post, someone please explain to me how 'Sheed can get away with that much jawing with the officials without picking up a T??

I'm glad to read that there are many anti-Piston people out there--keep those anti-piston thoughts going for game 4 on Saturday!!!!

As a sixers fan, I harbor no love for the pistons, but I do respect the success they have had for the better part of a decade. Joe Dumars might be the best GM in the sport and if they had a coach better than Flip, then they might have been able to make a real run last year and this year.

Chauncey is one of my favorite players in the league.

Sheed is a pain in the ass, but when he wants it (about 20-40% of the time) he is probably the best player on the floor at the time.

I used to love Rip, but I've lost respect for him over the years as his athleticism has worn down and he has had to rely on his karate chops on every defensive possession. The guy is becoming like Bruce Bowen.

Tay looks like he's one hard foul from being broken in half, but he's hung in there and is probably one of the most underrated players in the league.

And while I'm probably in the minority, I have no problem with the style of play they (or the Spurs) employ. Sure its not as exciting as watching the Suns or the Nuggets, but it is smart basketball at its finest. Ironically most of the ex-NBA fans who whine constantly that the sport is all dunks and no defense are the same ones that turn around and say teams like Detroit and San Antonio are too boring. :blink:

That being said, great win for the Magic tonight! Love Dwight and Jameer and any team that keeps JJ Redick buried 12 deep on the bench for two years is alright by me! :lol: