Yet another Demetrius Bell story

"If Al Sharpton is itching to picket something, he should organize a protest outside Malone's house, since the National Fatherhood Initiative says two out of three African-American children grow up without their father in the home."

How true. I'd love it if this kid became a star in the NFL.

It's amazing how someone can be so callous. I've always hated Karl Malone because I thought he was a cheap-shotting scumbag ON the court. Little did I know he was the same way off the court. What really bugs me is that he made himself available to his other kids. Was it because they attended his alma mater and gained notoriety for playing basketball? Why not do the same for your other child? It's a sad story but at the same time, I like this kids attitude and the fact that he is has come to terms with it. Unlike Jalen Rose, he doesn't carry it with him in the form of a chip on his shoulder. This kid just brushes it off and talks about how good he had it and how many other great people took part in his life growing up. I hope he succeeds in the NFL and continues to ignore that Malone is his father. It's too bad no one in the media is bashing Malone like they are Roger Clemens...Malone is an A-hole.

What really bugs me is that he made himself available to his other kids.

Methinks he was essentially forced into it.

If you think about it what are the odds that he has children with other women and they end up playing proffesional sports.That is the only reason we are hearing about it.Yes the man is a scum bag but if he weren't who he is than we would never hear anything about this at all.Or if Bell's dad wasn't KM you wouldn't care who the father is just that kid is a good story out of bad situation.Will we be talking about McGahee's offspring if they don't end up playing sports lord knows he is stacking up the numbers.One thing is for sure KM seems to produce athletes so I guess his kids can be glad that he has good genes.Hard way to look at it but he did give them something.

And don't get all bent out of shape about the last comment it was more humor than being serious.

The fact that Malone is/was worth in the range of $100 million, knew he was the father, yet still wouldn't pay a lousy $200 a month is disgusting. Yet since he was good at shooting a ball through a hoop, people will continue to treat him like some sort of God. Such is the society we live in, I guess.

BTW - if he really did impregnate Bell's mother when she was only 13... well that just takes him to a whole other level of scumbag!

BTW - if he really did impregnate Bell's mother when she was only 13... well that just takes him to a whole other level of scumbag!

Has anyone verified that Malone is not Travis Henry's father as well?

The sad fact is that there are alot of stories similar to this one. Not of kids with famous, rich fathers abandoning them, but fathers being donors in general. I have a friend who recently left his wife and 6 children to run off to Cali and act like he just turned 21 years old again. I don't understand how you could abandon your kids like that and I don't think I ever will. You're condition of heart has to be so selfish and self-centered that you see no one else as mattering in this world. It's sad that a person's life can be lived out in such a state. The kids involved in these situations are victims of crimes worth incarceration along with being subjected to thoughts and emotions that no child should have to endure.